Qing Pang & Jian Tong | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Qing Pang & Jian Tong

yyyskate

Record Breaker
just watched SP. LOVE LOVE.
What I love about them mostly is that, this program/performance, flows/flies by so fast. you did not realize that you are watching a competition or tricks at all.
So good.:eek::

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I must admit I am totally taken back by Pang/Tong's SP skating to Secret Garden. Is this the first time a Korean song has been used in figure skating? (Unless you count Gangnam style lol...) How unusual....

BounceAround

On the Ice
I'm hoping that some way, some how they can win this. I feel like the Skate Gods stopped Pang and Tong from having a "moment" in Vancouver so that Shen and Zhao could have theirs (which I pretty much support...), and I think we owe them one.

GF2445

Record Breaker
They will be forever remembered as one of the greates contributers to pairs skating ever. Chinese Pairs....respect
:bow:
Their short program was superior.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
just watched CBC commentary of SP via hola, my hola is getting unstable now, it is going to be harder for me to watch CBC in the future.
but great commentary from CBC crew once again.
they didnot comment much during the performance, just let the audience to watch, but Kurt said the “emotion burst out during step sequence”, right on.:yes:

Morena

On the Ice
I'm hoping that some way, some how they can win this. I feel like the Skate Gods stopped Pang and Tong from having a "moment" in Vancouver so that Shen and Zhao could have theirs (which I pretty much support...), and I think we owe them one.
Shen and Zhao got their OGM and didn't even skate in shows afterwards. It was for nothing but ambition. I'm still bitter that PT didn't win OG. They certanly deserved it imo.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
So happy P/T landed the SBS jumps and went clean!

Shen and Zhao got their OGM and didn't even skate in shows afterwards. It was for nothing but ambition. I'm still bitter that PT didn't win OG. They certanly deserved it imo.
Be bitter about the results all you want--everyone has an opinion--but what on earth does show skating/not show skating have to do with it? Shen/Zhao skated in shows for about ~2 years afterward, then decided to focus on coaching/starting a family. I'm trying to wrap my brain around how anyone could have a problem with that. Props to people like Kurt Browning to keep performing after all these years, but it's hardly anyone's obligation.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
just watched CBC commentary of SP via hola, my hola is getting unstable now, it is going to be harder for me to watch CBC in the future.
but great commentary from CBC crew once again.
they didnot comment much during the performance, just let the audience to watch, but Kurt said the “emotion burst out during step sequence”, right on.:yes:
btw does someone upload the vids with this commentary on utube??
usually all i see is Brit Eurosport ones
Im pretty much interested in watching videos with the CBC one

Morena

On the Ice
So happy P/T landed the SBS jumps and went clean!

Be bitter about the results all you want--everyone has an opinion--but what on earth does show skating/not show skating have to do with it? Shen/Zhao skated in shows for about ~2 years afterward, then decided to focus on coaching/starting a family. I'm trying to wrap my brain around how anyone could have a problem with that. Props to people like Kurt Browning to keep performing after all these years, but it's hardly anyone's obligation.
Sure they are not obligated to skate.
It's just their returning was not about love for skating but for their ambition only.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It's just their returning was not about love for skating but for their ambition only.
Nothing wrong with that. Athletes are supposed to want Olympic gold or else we'd have a dead sport.

Also, many athletes love the competition, but not shows. Michelle Kwan didn't do shows after she stopped competing, but she radiates more joy than anyone in competitions. Perhaps Shen/Zhao felt the same way (also consider that Hongbo Zhao was 36 years old--older than either Pang or Tong are right now :eek:--by the time they won OGM, and both of them had many injuries over the years).

They're still involved in the world of figure skating, with their show Artistry on Ice. Zhao is now coaching the current pairs. People contribute to the sport in different ways. I appreciate what S/Z and P/T brought to the sport, and what they continue to bring, whether they are on the ice themselves or not. :bow:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

I didn't feel that way as you think. They have shown many gratitude towards skating and fans, especially for Chinese skating fans. I don't see any problem with their farewell performances in their home since this is China's first World championships. They're also supporting for China's 2022 Olympic bid, so why don't you please have a good faith in their motive for returning?

Last edited:

Morena

On the Ice
inside edges, you got me wrong.
We were discussing Shen and Zhao, not Pang and Tong.
Pang and Tong have every right to compete in front of home crowd. They skipped one season only, it's ok to comeback.
Ok. Wish them good luck. They are gorgeous to watch.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
inside edges, you got me wrong.
We were discussing Shen and Zhao, not Pang and Tong.
Pang and Tong have every right to compete in front of home crowd. They skipped one season only, it's ok to comeback.
Ok. Wish them good luck. They are gorgeous to watch.

Oops, sorry about that. I was obviously confused. However, I also think Shen and Zhao had every right to come back at that time. Not every top skaters do achieve to get a gold at Olympics. They had enough abilities to do so, so earned it. If there would have been a grossly false judging, that would be problematic just like the pair judging at Salt Lake City and Sochi respectively.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
:cheer::hb::rock::party2::bow:

Congratulations Pang/Tong for the last World medal in the last competition. Thank you very much. Your beautiful skating will be greatly missed.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations for a wonderful beautiful skate and the medal! And thanks for all the other wonderful beautiful programs over the years and the part you play in inspiring and developing the next generation of Pairs skaters.

BounceAround

On the Ice
:cry: I thought it was so beautiful how their side-by-side spin was magically in sync for, like, the first time ever :cry:. What a beautiful performance! I can't believe it's over.