2015 Four Continents GALA | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents GALA

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just starting the thread now to ask a couple of important questions:

Does anybody know what time the Gala is being held at tomorrow?

Does anybody know if any channels are showing it LIVE?

It's just that I don't fancy getting up for the start of the Ladies Free (3:30am! :eek: ), and so am trying to work out whether I would have time to catch up on videos before the Gala starts.

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you both.

For me, that's 08:30 - 10:30 GMT.

So, when you factor in the Ladies podium ceremony, that'll be 1h 30m in between.

Mmmm. It'll be a tight squeeze, but if I leave breakfast until after the Gala, I might just be able to fit the first 2 groups of the Ladies FS in between...

Nah. I'll want food!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Is IN not covering the gala? I don't see it listed on their schedule...

I don't think I've ever seen IN cover a Gala live. In fact, we are usually lucky to even get a Gala on-demand weeks/months later, if at all...

skatemouse

On the Ice
I don't think I've ever seen IN cover a Gala live. In fact, we are usually lucky to even get a Gala on-demand weeks/months later, if at all...

I'm not sure I will be watching this one. There are some good skaters but others are just their skaters only regardless of placement? 18th place? ?? and others? It is very strange and kind of a slap to those that placed pretty high. If you want to have a club exhibition that is totally a great idea but not at 4CC's. Not really feeling like Korea has a handle on holding a big comp and it makes me worried about the OLy. The Gala however can be missed. Watching some top skaters will be great maybe on youtube though.

yuki

Final Flight
I'm not sure I will be watching this one. There are some good skaters but others are just their skaters only regardless of placement? 18th place? ?? and others? It is very strange and kind of a slap to those that placed pretty high. If you want to have a club exhibition that is totally a great idea but not at 4CC's. Not really feeling like Korea has a handle on holding a big comp and it makes me worried about the OLy. The Gala however can be missed. Watching some top skaters will be great maybe on youtube though.

Galas at each competition have home skaters no matter how they placed, this is not something exclusive to Korea. GPF gala had Hurtado/Diaz, who weren't even competing (and I'm glad they got invited, they were great!)

ozmodiar

On the Ice
I can understand why Misha Ge was invited to perform, but why the Chinese ice dance team? Are they popular in Korea?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
links not working for me :( sigh.

TianTian is working for me, but I will have to re-open in a new window as I'm not getting the button to go full-screen.

Introductions being done at the moment.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here we go... 11th place Ladies... :unsure:

Come on, I love it when the galas showcase local skaters.

And that is an absolutely beautiful dress that Hae-Jin is wearing!

CaroLiza_fan

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Guess he didn't test-drive that neck-tie before this performance.