2015 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program March 4 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program March 4

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
A master list of technical content for the ladies

found it here: http://spiral9509.tistory.com/931 (a Korean fs blog that I follow)
major props to the guy who made the list
he/she even colour-coded the list

from my intuition (and bits of Korean wording):
green blocks = combos with 3T
yellow blocks = casual jump issues like edge calls or URs (ex. Evgenia getting calls on her 3Lz sometimes)
red font = apparent edge calls or URs (ex. Wakaba is constantly marked with an edge call for her 3F)
grey font = for skaters that didn't compete in ISU competitions so info is not concrete

WOWZA! This is just stunning! :love: I'm in deep infatuation with whoever made this :love: :laugh:

Oh I do. Can't imagine the fatigue.....hopefully they stay well-hydrated.

:laugh2: Oh my goodness Mrs. P, I just had a great image of the judges mopping the sweat off their foreheads with handkerchiefs, not able to decide between which GOE to allot for one last element, the skaters waiting anxiously on the sidelines, the tension, the drama... :laugh:

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Here I am. I don't know if I'll make it seven- dear God seven hours- but I'll at least get the first two groups.

Fanfare! Here we go! Good luck skaters! :cheer:

(I'm not the only one here, am I?)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
good luck to all skaters :cheer: and to the judges, its gonna be a long long day :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Judges should get a marathon judging award if they can make it through this with their minds intact. Do they have substitutes if they get exhausted? :biggrin:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I like this new low camera angle they have in the corner. It makes the jumps look very dramatic

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
She seems really nervous- just what we saw of her talking to the coaches and getting in position.

Oop, step out on the first jump

But a nice combo after :cheer2:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Hm the ISU stream is not letting me watch even with Hola set to the U.K..... :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hm the ISU stream is not letting me watch even with Hola set to the U.K..... :drama:

Mmmm. Strange.

Not too sure about this Austrian girl's costume. Lovely colour and pattern, but she is far too tall to suit wearing a jumpsuit.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
any luck? hola wont work using UK or india for me in the usa

Nope. I've tried those two, plus Argentina & Taiwan which have worked for the ISU stream before. Usually what will happen when it's geoblocked is once I'd finally get a passable country with Hola, a loading screen with a green arrow would briefly appear before finally accessing me to the stream. This time I get the arrow but then am told it's not available in my country :frown:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I really like Miss Roth's costume, and the giggle she had when the announcer stumbled over her name.

Nice spin positions. Nice jumps. She puts a lot of verve into her movements, though I'm sure the long limbs help with her extension.

Me likey! :cheer:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I'll be only watching sporadically today due to being in school

Lara ROTH (AUT)

Music: Mouvement Introductif (from Rue des cascades) by Yann Tiersen
Comptine d'un autre ete (from Amelie soundtrack) by Yann Tiersen
Mother's Journey (from Goodbye Lenin soundtrack) by Yann Tiersen

Burgundy jumpsuit, deep back

2A
3T+2T
LSp
StSq
2Lz - !, 'tano
FCSp
CCoSp3p

Cleanish skate, low difficulty, tall skater but elegant

SP: 23.46+18.74 = 42.20 (PB), 2nd (out of 2)

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Mmmm. Strange.

Not too sure about this Austrian girl's costume. Lovely colour, but she is far too tall to suit wearing a jumpsuit.

CaroLiza_fan

See, I thought the jumpsuit was good on her for the exact same reason. She actually reminded me of Carolina in a jumpsuit (just body type)

QLutz

On the Ice
Nope. I've tried those two, plus Argentina & Taiwan which have worked for the ISU stream before. Usually what will happen when it's geoblocked is once I'd finally get a passable country with Hola, a loading screen with a green arrow would briefly appear before finally accessing me to the stream. This time I get the arrow but then am told it's not available in my country :frown:

hmm... is that eurovision app a pay thing?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
anyone know if there's a kazsports stream? the ISU one is being very annoying at the moment :disapp:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I don't know. Akiko already ruined this music with her showpiece for me, and this girl just doesn't project enough energy in her skating to work with it.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Eun Su YOON (KOR)

Music: Zigeunerweisen by Pablo Sarasate

Purple long-sleeve dress, open back, sparkly violin motif

3Lz
3Lo+2T
2A
FCSp
CCoSp3p
StSq
LSp - nice Biellmann (both hands on boot)

Bit squeaky/round on those triple landings, but overall cleanish skate

SP: 24.09+19.29 = 43.38, 2nd (out of 3)

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Also, sorta watching, I'm at work, so got the ipad running the stream (unblocked in Holland, no need for hola!), but sound switched off.
That's the one disadvantage of an event taking place in almost the same timezone.