2015 Worlds Men Short Program March 27 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Men Short Program March 27

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
So excited about this event! It is THE event of the championship for me because it is so unpredictable. Love Hanyu to slay them all, but never count out Ten or the US men for a big surprise! I reckon there will be quite a few controversial judging, but for once given everything happened this season, there's no out right favourite I don't think.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Nervous for Yuzu who is here with only 3 weeks of training after 2 months off ice from surgery and ankle sprain. His practice did not go too well :hopelessness:

No matter what, hope for the best under his current conditions.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yuzuru is a fighter. Dont worry too much.
Best wished to all boyz. Boys generation slays:cheer:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Whatever happens, I'm hoping, above everything, that we get some great performances and fair judging :) Though a bit of overscoring at this time of the season is unlikely, I hope it keeps some consistency. Good luck to everyone!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder how many pages this is going to grow to? Can they beat the ladies who currently have 146?

The US Nats men's thread surpassed the ladies' thread I believe, but we would need the same distractions here:

Jason Brown [insert several random words here] quad. Such as, Jason Brown should/should not try a quad, should/should not be scored lower for not trying a quad, will/will not never ever ever win even a good conduct medal without a quad, should not even think about crossing the street unless he tries a quad.

Josh Farris: swoon.: Discuss your love: for Josh. Should have won because he tries a quad. Only hope for medal at worlds. Only man that US should even think of supporting. Let's all jump on the bandwagon now. (excepting of course those who few who have been telling us forever how wonderful Josh is.

Adam: Let's jump on his bandwagon too (somewhat derailed by 4ccs).

Anyway, you get the picture. I don't know if the international men inspire so much discussion.:dance:

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
The US Nats men's thread surpassed the ladies' thread I believe, but we would need the same distractions here:

Jason Brown [insert several random words here] quad. Such as, Jason Brown should/should not try a quad, should/should not be scored lower for not trying a quad, will/will not never ever ever win even a good conduct medal without a quad, should not even think about crossing the street unless he tries a quad.

Josh Farris: swoon.: Discuss your love: for Josh. Should have won because he tries a quad. Only hope for medal at worlds. Only man that US should even think of supporting. Let's all jump on the bandwagon now. (excepting of course those who few who have been telling us forever how wonderful Josh is.

Anyway, you get the picture. I don't know if the international men inspire so much discussion.:dance:

There's no Joubert anymore so who are we left to swoon over?

Edit: I mean, he still exists. He's just not skating.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

I used to joke about it being a drinking game, but my liver can't take it.

I think you are about right, quad crew will quack quad, the fans will face palm.

Josh will keep fans until he screws up and the fickle ones jump ship (everyone screws up sooner or later).

Adam, will try his 4z, my guess is it will get -3 regardless of how rotated it is due to steps. People will argue he was under-scored for it no matter what unless he is perfect.

Then we will start saying how Max should have replaced who ever is deemed the whipping boy of the night.

Then Jeremy Abbott will come up. And we will talk about what a good little head case he is.

Then we will start comparing the current crop to skaters of days passed.

My guess is Nathan Chen will come up some time after that.

I am sure Yuna and Adaline will make a cameo.

I think we can fill up pages and pages no problem.

yyyskate

Record Breaker

I think you are about right, quad crew will quack quad, the fans will face palm.

Josh will keep fans until he screws up and the fickle ones jump ship (everyone screws up sooner or later).

Adam, will try his 4z, my guess is it will get -3 regardless of how rotated it is due to steps. People will argue he was under-scored for it no matter what unless he is perfect.

Then we will start saying how Max should have replaced who ever is deemed the whipping boy of the night.

Then Jeremy Abbott will come up. And we will talk about what a good little head case he is.

I think we can fill up pages and pages no problem.
LMAO:laugh2:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I think we can fill up pages and pages no problem

We skating fans are so predictable (and fickle) aren't we? LOL

Seriously, I look at FS as a marathon, not a sprint. Skaters have their ups and downs and I will still be a fan of most of these guys no matter what happens.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This men's event better be good.

It's the only discipline that has interested me all season long.

Denis Ten and Josh Farris. I hope you skate your programs to their potential.

I'm less interested in the podium than I am in seeing inspired programs from them.

Failing this, the entire WC will be tossed into the dustbin of personal memories.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wondering, why do you guys joke about a drinking game? And why?

If there was one, I'd participate with shots of ice-cold lemonade or water.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
This men's event better be good.

It's the only discipline that has interested me all season long.

Denis Ten and Josh Farris. I hope you skate your programs to their potential.

I'm less interested in the podium than I am in seeing inspired programs from them.

Failing this, the entire WC will be tossed into the dustbin of personal memories.

Really? I was actually interested in Ice dance this season with all the placement changes and no clear favourites. Men were actually pretty sloppy on the GP... and Worlds won't have Machida or Chan, so it's a bit watered down. But the men have certainly had their drama.

I'm hoping for a solid set of SPs... I expect sloppy freeskates, but hopefully less from year to year as the men get more and more accustomed to harder difficulty.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I'd probably run one with water, but I'd also die if I did it with anything else.... and good luck to Hanyu, Ten, Fernandez, Farris, Kozuka, Mura, Brown, Rippon, Nyugen, Yan, JH..... :cheer:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
We skating fans are so predictable (and fickle) aren't we? LOL

Seriously, I look at FS as a marathon, not a sprint. Skaters have their ups and downs and I will still be a fan of most of these guys no matter what happens.

I am approaching this as the end of the first quarter of the quad. 2018 is the end goal and for me I am watching how everyone develops over the next several seasons. For me this is not the end of the story, just a chapter.