2015 World Championships TV and Webstreams | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 World Championships TV and Webstreams

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
According to the Guide on my TV, Saturday's NBC coverage will be ice dance :cheer2: and ladies.

This s a huge change by NBC. They never cover dance :eek: Wow.

auser

Record Breaker
has anyone a stream for the free dance ? a chinese one ?
Maybe try streams from this site:
http://soyouwanttowatchfigureskatin...72210/2015-world-championships-info-streaming
Scroll down to the CCTV 5 (China) section. Click on Stream1, Stream2, or Stream3. (non-geoblocked}
There are stream links for Sport 2 & Sportbox (Russia) (non-geoblocked).
There are also links for geoblocked streams such as the official ISU stream, CBC (Canada), and YLE (Finland). Check earlier posts in this thread for tips.;)
Hope this helps and you can enjoy the Free Dance:popcorn:.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
According to the Guide on my TV, Saturday's NBC coverage will be ice dance :cheer2: and ladies.

This s a huge change by NBC. They never cover dance :eek: Wow.

OTOH, for two nights in a row, the NBC promo for Worlds that has aired during the Tonight Show has plugged Ashley W. and Jason. So if the promo actually gets some new viewers to watch Worlds on Sat. night, they will be expecting to see men.

Not saying that I want NBC to ignore dance. Just wonder whether the left hand and right hand at NBC are working together. :think:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
OTOH, for two nights in a row, the NBC promo for Worlds that has aired during the Tonight Show has plugged Ashley W. and Jason. So if the promo actually gets some new viewers to watch Worlds on Sat. night, they will be expecting to see men.

Not saying that I want NBC to ignore dance. Just wonder whether the left hand and right hand at NBC are working together. :think:

Not only that, if they tune in to see Wagner, they will be in for a bit of a shock, especially since she's the lowest ranked American of the three right now. Reminds me of Rippon being featured in the promo for NBC's 4CC coverage, and he didn't even get a mention on-air, let alone have either of his programs shown. I would have thought Gracie (due to her 4th place finish at Sochi) and Polina (for winning 4CC) would have been more likely candidates? The only people who would know Wagner had a good season are people who watched the first half of this season (such as the Grand Prix series).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not only that, if they tune in to see Wagner, they will be in for a bit of a shock, especially since she's the lowest ranked American of the three right now. Reminds me of Rippon being featured in the promo for NBC's 4CC coverage, and he didn't even get a mention on-air, let alone have either of his programs shown. I would have thought Gracie (due to her 4th place finish at Sochi) and Polina (for winning 4CC) would have been more likely candidates? The only people who would know Wagner had a good season are people who watched the first half of this season (such as the Grand Prix series).

Well, Ashley W. won in Greensboro -- so a casual fan who paid any attention at all to Nats might have a vague awareness that she is the reigning U.S. champion. (And that Jason is the reigning U.S. men's champion.)

And it remains to be seen what the rankings of the three U.S ladies will be after the Shanghai FS, although it is true that Ashley has some ground to make up.

Plus I gotta believe that NBC plans to show the free skates of Ashley and Gracie no matter what their overall placements end up being. And most likely for Polina too -- esp. if she places higher than Wagner and/or Gold when all is said and done.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Plus I gotta believe that NBC plans to show the free skates of Ashley and Gracie no matter what their overall placements end up being. And most likely for Polina too...

Are you saying that NBC would treat the ladies competition differently than the men? As in, NBC will always show the ladies no matter how poorly they perform, but they would not show the American men if they performed poorly (as they have done with the men in the past)?

I think NBC (as an American network) should always show the 3 Americans, regardless of placement -- but they have not always done this, even at 4CC...

And if we're using U.S. Nationals as a benchmark to determine what people want to watch -- Rippon was considered by many to be the breakout performance of U.S. Nationals, but then he was completely ignored by NBC afterwards.

Without going too off-topic, domestic competitions (even Nationals) are a terrible barometer in determining how well a skater will perform in international competitions.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Are you saying that NBC would treat the ladies competition differently than the men? As in, NBC will always show the ladies no matter how poorly they perform, but they would not show the American men if they performed poorly (as they have done with the men in the past)?

I think NBC (as an American network) should always show the 3 Americans, regardless of placement -- but they have not always done this, even at 4CC...

And if we're using U.S. Nationals as a benchmark to determine what people want to watch -- Rippon was considered by many to be the breakout performance of U.S. Nationals, but then he was completely ignored by NBC afterwards. ...

I'm saying that I think that (for better or worse) NBC will treat (and has treated) Ashley W. and Gracie differently from the U.S. men.

Specifically Ashley and Gracie, whom NBC has spent a lot of time and effort promoting over the last couple of years. I'm not talking about any ol' U.S. ladies.
If [hypothetically, of course] Christina, Mariah, and Courtney were the U.S. ladies at Worlds, NBC would not treat them the same as Ashley and Gracie -- IMO.

... Without going too off-topic, domestic competitions (even Nationals) are a terrible barometer in determining how well a skater will perform in international competitions.

But I don't think casual fans give a hoot about this point.
As the reigning U.S. champ (and as the three-time champ, it so happens), Ashley W. inherently will be interesting to some casual fans, IMO.

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
But I don't think casual fans give a hoot about this point.
As the reigning U.S. champ (and as the three-time champ, it so happens), Ashley W. inherently will be interesting to some casual fans, IMO.

Or at least are more likely to have heard of her.

AlexThere

On the Ice
Does anyone know what time ladies long program will start in the UK? I'm having troubles finding..

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
By the way, the SVT play page, if it is useful to anyone.

http://www.svtplay.se/konstakning

The shows are archived, so if anyone wants to catch up on something they missed.

Alas I'm a little disappointed, as previously they'd have the whole competition live on SVT play - but now it seems that they only have that which they are broadcasting on the telly.

Me too, but at least tomorrow it's live from 3.30. Both telly and SVT play :)

So, AlexThere, Ladies Free at 2.30 am in UK.

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I well I tried to set up hola and go to cbc. I had no sound and it said I couldn't view content. I guess I screwed up hola or don't have right settings. Is hola required for these streams. Can someone give the Russian links. Are they streaming at 1030 for ladies or anything right now. I guess I should remove hola Von and wait until someone who knows that on iPad. So bummed. I have memory issues and I'm too old to know puter stuff. Well I tried. Nothing is ever simple. I guess I'll wait for the videos.

I did just realize Liza did triple axel. No wonder. She looks to be a we this year. High jumps and clean triple axel? We can't beat that.

vinganca

Rinkside
does anyone know of a legit free live stream with English commentary?

apparently the site i used to watch last year's worlds was shut down. :/ all I have is a Russian-language stream. better than nothing, but it is annoying not to be able to understand anything they're saying. i really like the UK commentators for Eurosport 2, but all i'm finding are sites that want to trick you into downloading malware.

Last edited:

amc987

On the Ice
does anyone know of a legit free live stream with English commentary?

apparently the site i used to watch last year's worlds was shut down. :/ all I have is a Russian-language stream. better than nothing, but it is annoying not to be able to understand anything they're saying. i really like the UK commentators for Eurosport 2, but all i'm finding are sites that want to trick you into downloading malware.

THIS. I just need a functioning stream period. I'll do the Russian commentators if need be.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For those of you in the UK, the Eurosport On Demand service on Sky has finally been updated. So, for those of you (like me) that missed the first half-hour of the Gala because of the Sky EPG being up the creek, you can now download it.

To access Eurosport On Demand, press the TV Guide button, then select "Catch Up TV". Then press the "Channel Down" button twice to get onto the third page. The Eurosport programmes are in the box at the top left.

Here is a table showing what is on the On Demand Service, along with the dates the programmes expire (I don’t know what time of day they will disappear):

SegmentExpires
Ladies ShortThursday 02 April
Pairs FreeThursday 02 April
Free DanceFriday 03 April
Men’s ShortFriday 03 April
Ladies FreeSaturday 04 April
Men’s Free
Saturday 04 April
GalaSunday 05 April

Please be aware that all the programmes on Eurosport’s On Demand service are all in Standard Definition.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
NBC's blurb re this afternoon's Worlds telecast (3-6 pm ET, check your local listings):

NBC continues its presentation of the 2015 World Figure Skating Championships from Shanghai this Sunday at 3 p.m. ET with the men’s and pairs’ competitions, as well as highlights from the ladies’ and ice dance events.

NBC Sports Group’s lead figure skating commentary team of analysts Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski and play-by-play announcer Terry Gannon will host coverage. Tracy Wilson will report from the Oriental Sports Center in Shanghai.