Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov

s_parks

Record Breaker
The throws were rough but it's still early in the season, so I trust they'll get those sorted out. I'm not crazy about the music, but I love the choreography. Their lifts and twist have noticeably improved.

LRK

Record Breaker
I like their SP - and love their LP. I think both will grow with the season.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I just loved their LP today at Ondrej Nepela! So creative and innovative and fun! I think it is just amazing and can't wait to see it develop throughout the season! :love:

They also came in second at this competition, beating Tarasova and Mozorov, a big accomplishment for them!

ragdoll

On the Ice
Cogratulations to them! They're fun and interesting to watch and I sincerely hope they get to go to Euros and Worlds soon. Roganov is a superstar.

Alba

Record Breaker
Congratulations. :cheer:Wonderful pair. Her costumes in both programs are gorgeous.
I love both their program but the LP is so special. The best LP in Pairs this season for me. :love:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Congratulations. :cheer:Wonderful pair. Her costumes in both programs are gorgeous.
I love both their program but the LP is so special. The best LP in Pairs this season for me. :love:

It might actually be my favorite LP so far this season too...

LRK

Record Breaker
I just love that LP. I don't know how many times I watched the Cup of St Petersburg and test skates performances - falls and all! Just so great. :)

Alba

Record Breaker
I just love that LP. I don't know how many times I watched the Cup of St Petersburg and test skates performances - falls and all! Just so great. :)

Yeah, me too. Not even the falls could make me appreciate less this program.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Super happy for A/R. The program is very interesting and kudos to their young but talented choreographer. Great start for them.

adelia

Record Breaker
Interviews with Rogonov and Dmitriev:

"Alexei Rogonov: I hope this is not the limit - and in time we will increase not only the technical evaluation but also components
03.10.2015 11:43:01 | Figure skating | News

Yesterday, October 2, in Bratislava (Slovakia) in the tournament series "Challenger" - "Memorial Ondrej Nepela" competing couples the first three places were taken by the Russians: won Olympic champions in team Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov became the second Kristina Astakhova and Alexei Rogonov, third - Yevgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov. Performance of his own - a victory in the long program and a personal record for points - special correspondent portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Paul commented Alexey Oleinik Rogonov.

- It's nice to beat their own records at the first international start of the season - smiled Rogonov. - I hope this is not the limit - and in time we will increase not only the technical evaluation, and components. However, at the moment we are happy with the work done. Give to know the old injury, it is necessary to reckon with in training. Now, for example, Kristina treats lower back, rolled on painkillers. And Squeezer great! I caught a cold before the start. But it is important to learn to assemble in every situation - the ideal conditions do not exist.

- What was your key to strong performances in Bratislava?

- We are with Kristina much more of what we have to work in order to speak with confidence about the strong box office. None of these athletes who do not want to skate clean. We - not the exception, and in both programs on the "Memorial Nepela" We almost succeeded. We will continue to work in the same direction. Fortunately, our mentor, Artur Dmitriev patiently leads us to plan, despite the roughness that we allow. And we Christine very pleased to see that the public accepts our new programs, delivered by Sergei Komolov. And even applaud when we wins back images. It's inspiring!

- What are your future plans for the season?

- Immediate start - the steps of the Grand Prix. 23-25 October we will play at Skate America in Milwaukee (USA), and 6-8 November - at the Cup of China in Beijing (China). Now we focus on the preparation for these competitions. We have to work on the stability of the execution of technical elements, increasing the complexity and improve the sliding velocity"

https://translate.google.com/transl...p://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/22536.html

----------------------------------------------

"Artur Dmitriev: this season Astakhova and Rogonov not yet ready to compete with the four-strong Russian pairs
03.10.2015 10:35:01 | Figure skating | News

Yesterday, October 2, in Bratislava (Slovakia) in the tournament series "Challenger" - "Memorial Ondrej Nepela" competing couples the first three places were taken by the Russians: won Olympic champions in team Ksenia Stolkova and Fedor Klimov (190.28 points), became the second Kristina Astakhova and Alexei Rogonov (185.00), third - Yevgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov (184.28). Performance sport couple Astakhov / Rogonov special correspondent portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Alexey Zubakova said their personal trainer, two-time Olympic champion Artur Dmitriev.

- I will not hide, I am pleased with the performance of Astakhova and Rogonov - said Artur Dmitriev. - Guys are added with each start. While competing with the strongest Russian pairs, namely - with three pairs, are trained in the group Nina Mozer and with students of Tamara Moskvina Yuko Kawaguchi and Alexander Smirnov, this season they are not yet ready.

- But your students in Slovakia won the long program, ahead of just two pairs of Mozer Group.

- Probably, my answer will surprise you. But "Memorial Nepela" not Christina and Alex won the long program and other Russian pair lost, having made a number of errors. In its optimal form, these two couples - Stolbova / Klimov and Tarasova / Morozov - is stronger and Astakhova Rogonova.

- This means that this season you do not put Astakhova and Rogonov task to fight for trips to European and World Championships?

- Of course, in terms of wrestling Kristina and Alexei will strive for personal achievement, trying to speak at a level close to the level of the first four Russian pairs. But the guys are just starting to roll and understand each other on the ice. They act together for just the second season, and still need time to bring their interaction on the ice up to the quality required for the competition. Therefore, in the current season and Astakhova-Rogonov I put the problem simply get closer to the results and the level of riding and getting our leaders in the "top five" best Russian pairs. But, of course, guys like last season, will be ready at any time to hedge our strongest pair to replace them, if necessary, on the main start of the season - subject to the principle of sport.

- Why did you choose for your pupils completely new style programs?

- We are trying to find programs that fit Kristina and Alexei's character. So we decided to try the rather complex statement. Free program "Dolls" is devoted to the relationship of the creator of toys and dolls come to life. In the short program, we also put a mini-play, a little show about the transition from silent film to sound film. The program is called aptly and succinctly - "Artist". Both programs put choreographer Sergei Komolov"

https://translate.google.com/transl...p://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/22535.html

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Their coach sounds like a deeply sensible and realistic person who knows what he is doing, which is a good thing. I hope to see them progress this year and in the years to come! TO me they are by far the most interesting Russian team!

adelia

Record Breaker
Their coach sounds like a deeply sensible and realistic person who knows what he is doing, which is a good thing. I hope to see them progress this year and in the years to come! TO me they are by far the most interesting Russian team!
Yes indeed, by far.