Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kristina Astakhova & Alexei Rogonov

tvuckic16

Final Flight
I haven't paid too much attention to this team, but I like them. They seem really nice too...

adelia

Record Breaker
Who are the couples on the left and the middle in this picture ? I recognise Ekaterina Ustinova and Maxim Bobrov on the right but not the other two.
http://icemuseum.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/2.jpg

Thanks
Left most: Anastasia Roslyakova and Roman Zaporozhets
Middle: Boy is Nikita Rakhmanin (new to pairs this season), the girl I think is Vasilisa Ozerova (new to pairs too).

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am very excited to see them at Skate America!

By the way, based on thread below Astakhova & Rogonov would make it to the Russian team to Worlds.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...an-team-to-the-Worlds-Europeans-Junior-Worlds

Pairs
Volosozhar/Trankov 9
Stolbova/Klimov 8
Astakhova/Rogonov 6
--------------------
Kavaguti/Smirnov 4
Tarasova/Morozov 3

Wow. To be honest I don't think their making it to Worlds is likely this year, but with K/S not getting any younger and with A/R improving so much so quickly, I definitely think it is very possible next year :) If Russia gave them Euros this year that would be amazing, that is what I am truly hoping for.

I am also very excited to see them at Skate America! They are one of my favorite teams this year :)

The Finn

Record Breaker
Wow. To be honest I don't think their making it to Worlds is likely this year, but with K/S not getting any younger and with A/R improving so much so quickly, I definitely think it is very possible next year :) If Russia gave them Euros this year that would be amazing, that is what I am truly hoping for.

Yep, it would be surprising if they do make it to the Worlds. I am pretty sure that Volosozhar/Trankov will make it to the team and also Stolbova/Klimov would be a pretty sure bet. The 3rd spot could be taken by several pairs including Astakhova/Rogonov but I think Kavaguti/Smirnov would be the safe bet here. Although it might be Tarasova/Morozov as well.

Spiral

Final Flight
Wishing them all the best at Milwaukee. They have two great programs this year, they have terrific chemistry, and they have made an amazing progress for a new pair team. So I think it's just a matter of time till they reach the top. Once they gain enough confidence for two solid skates, they'll be unstoppable.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wishing them all the best at Milwaukee. They have two great programs this year, they have terrific chemistry, and they have made an amazing progress for a new pair team. So I think it's just a matter of time till they reach the top. Once they gain enough confidence for two solid skates, they'll be unstoppable.

:thumbsup: Yes they will!

adelia

Record Breaker
Artur Dmitriev is not at SA with them. He couldn't get a visa in time. So Valeriy Artyukhov, the assistant team leader for Russia at SA (and a former pairs skater), will step in to coach them at SA.