Elizabet Tursynbaeva | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elizabet Tursynbaeva

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
its a beautiful video, thanks sam! the more i watch her the more i appreciate her skating, love love love her step sequences, she is so light and pretty fast for her age,
i wasnt following figure skating much before olympics so idk much about Elene G. but looking at Elizabet i think (i hope,rather) she will have great career , her body type to me seems it can survive puperty (again,just hoping :D ) but you never know, omg she is still young, i should be invested too much but i cant help it:hopelessness:
porcoplane any chance you know what she is saying at the video you shared??

Last edited:

PorcoPlane

Rinkside
porcoplane any chance you know what she is saying at the video you shared??
Well, says that she can't long live in Toronto, because there always trainings, and after some time she wants back to Kazakhstan, Moscow, where she feels more comfartable, more quietly.
Her friends call her Liza.
She wants to be Olympic champion and World champion. She already prepares for Olympic Games, morally and physically. Says it's not easy, especially psychologically.
She goes to music school, and now she is finishing her. She plays violin and piano.
Her brother is also a figure skater.
Now she trains with Brian Orser, who also trains Hanyu, Fernandez etc. She says in Canada, all coaches are not strict. She says: "When I skate program they are trying to make me laugh, and then i start to smile.."
"I love to stay at home. I love to cook cupcakes, cakes, meat, fish.. on a grill..Well, i really love cooking!"
About Denis, she said that she was very happy when he won bronze. Denis said that she has great potential and very good coaches.
She says that she did not have much time to socialize with friends, and she communicates with them via vkontakte, instagram.
When asked why she was given such a rare name in our country, she says: "When my mother was in the hospital, she watched "Cleopatra" movie, where as Cleopatra was Elizabeth Taylor.. Probably you already understood"

P.S. My English is bad, so I hope you understand what I wrote.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
P.S. My English is bad, so I hope you understand what I wrote.

your english is great, i understood everything, thanks a lot! unfortunately there isnt many source about her yet so i appreciate any info i can get, hopefully we will know more about her in time!:cheer:
somehow i have all the faith in the world in brian and their coaching team, you can see that she is enjoying more and more each performance

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's named after Elizabeth Taylor! That's pretty cool and she likes to cook and named my favorite food as something she likes to make...CUPCAKES!!!!:hb: :yay:

Thanks PorcoPlane !! Your contribution is very much appreciated and your English is great. :)

Last edited:

PorcoPlane

Rinkside
Elizabet will go to Gardena Spring Trophy. In seniors? Is it possible? If it is true, she tries to get into the top 24 for next season? Because, if she win there, and win in another b event, she will get 500 points, am i right?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Elizabet will go to Gardena Spring Trophy. In seniors? Is it possible? If it is true, she tries to get into the top 24 for next season? Because, if she win there, and win in another b event, she will get 500 points, am i right?

thats great news, we will get to see her one more time this season, hopefully with 2 clean programs again :cheer:
and i was surprised seeing her in senior ladies list, i was worried at 1st not seeing her name cause i was looking at junior ladies :laugh: so i guess this is gonna ben her 1st senior event??

PorcoPlane

Rinkside
Yes, i think so. But, it means she tries to compete in senior grand prix next season? I don't know, good this decision or bad..

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Yes, i think so. But, it means she tries to compete in senior grand prix next season? I don't know, good this decision or bad..

I share the same sentiments

it's good since KAZ will actually have a chance to win a ladies GP medal (hey the ice is slippery! look at CoC and CoR this season!)

it's not so good since KAZ doesn't really have a solid junior skating team and this might mean losing a lot of spots

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i have mixed feelings of her being senior next year too, at one point she needs to have some reputation before 2018 so its good for her to turn seniors but she can get better results at juniors and have reputation as well, i was thinking she might do junior GP and junior worlds and compete at 4CC and Worlds as senior

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
an article from inside skating about junior worlds, they mention Elizabet as well, some nice pictures too :yay:

A wonderful free skate from Elizabet Tursynbaeva
Apart from Wakaba Higuchi’s medal – who puts the young Japanese on the list of names to watch in the future, this year’s edition of the Junior Worlds featured another highlight in the ladies’ event: with a gorgeous, fluid, sensitive free skate, to “Papa, can you hear me?”, the 15-year-old skater representing Kazakhstan, Elizabet Tursynbaeva, pulled from 7th place after the short to 4th overall, after being 11th last year in Sofia. An impressive climb in the World junior rankings – no less than 7 places between two consecutive editions of the Junior Worlds – and more than 30 points improvement in the overall scores between last year and now. To me, both of her programs this season put the young Kazakhstani skater under the spotlight – and you can definitely see team Brian Orser-Tracy Wilson-David Wilson’s hands (and inspiration) in Elizabet’s routines; the 15-year-old learns from the best and moving to Canada, in 2013, might have been one of the best decision for her future international career. “That was nice, I’m proud of you”, Brian Orser smiled with satisfaction at the end of his young student’s free skate and, seeing the scores, Elizabet looked happy too.

it shows once again that how much she improved since last season :love: :cheer:

Rissa

Record Breaker
I just had time to watch junior girls SP event, and wow, Elizabet's Memories of a Geisha was a gorgeous program. I usually don't go for those "delicate flower" girls' programs but this one was beautiful. Or maybe I liked it so much because of the costume, lol. The thing I found annoying was the "presentation" thing in the scoring. They should really stop calling it that because Elizabet had, IMO, much better presentation than the top girls, fantastic ease and flow, and yet her "presentation" mark was lower.

I hope growing up will be easy on her and she'll be able to get into the podium-scoring females despite the tall Russian wall. It'll be a few years, I think, before she'll be able to jump through it so I hope she won't get discouraged if she starts skating in the adult circuit next season. In juniors, she could take the gold next year, but starting to earn adult PCS next season is a logical plan too, if the plan is high placement in Pyeongchang .

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I just had time to watch junior girls SP event, and wow, Elizabet's Memories of a Geisha was a gorgeous program. I usually don't go for those "delicate flower" girls' programs but this one was beautiful. Or maybe I liked it so much because of the costume, lol. The thing I found annoying was the "presentation" thing in the scoring. They should really stop calling it that because Elizabet had, IMO, much better presentation than the top girls, fantastic ease and flow, and yet her "presentation" mark was lower.

I hope growing up will be easy on her and she'll be able to get into the podium-scoring females despite the tall Russian wall. It'll be a few years, I think, before she'll be able to jump through it so I hope she won't get discouraged if she starts skating in the adult circuit next season. In juniors, she could take the gold next year, but starting to earn adult PCS next season is a logical plan too, if the plan is high placement in Pyeongchang .
you scared me for a second there haha, i thought you were gonna say something about program (ofc you can be critical, its just that i really love this program :laugh:). i dont think its only costume :laugh: :love:

Rissa

Record Breaker
you scared me for a second there haha, i thought you were gonna say something about program (ofc you can be critical, its just that i really love this program :laugh:). i dont think its only costume :laugh: :love:

:laugh: Yeah, I don't think it was just the costume either. There were many beautiful details in it; the choreographer did a great job. As did Elizabet, of course!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Her Beillman variation in the SP is probably my favorite one that anyone does. Elena Radionova too but Elizabet's is just interesting and just looks awesome.

I can finally spell her name too without checking myself but I've noticed it spelled with a "z" and also with an "s" :confused2:

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If she wants to go senior, I don't think it's such a bad idea. She has the technical arsenal and 3-3s to compete. Maybe she won't start winning right away, but if those junior medals don't mean much to her, I don't see why not. The key is consistency. Imo, her Junior Worlds performances would/should have been enough to secure her medals on the senior GP circuit this year.