Elizabet Tursynbaeva | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Elizabet Tursynbaeva

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
New, long, interview with Elisabet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvpSI3WWZoE

She was invited to the capital to receive her "Best Sportsperson of the Year" award.

She explaines she has a condition in her lower back/loin. She thought she was OK in the run up to Shanghai Cup, but her condition detoriated quickly and she had to skip the rest of the season. However, since her new programs and costumes were only shown once, she intends to keep them for her return to the ice.

Tursynbaeva - about Kostornaya, Shcherbakova and Trusova: “Perhaps some of them will retire a little earlier”

The current vice world champion Elisabet Tursynbayeva noted that she does not understand the current conversations whether her rinkmates Alyona Kostornaya, Anna Shcherbakova and Aleksandra Trusova, who also train with Eteri Tutberidze, can keep their difficult jumps.

“ Kostornaya, Shcherbakova and Trusova are world record holders and athletes who do incredible things ”, Tursynbayeva said in her Qazsport TV video interview. - They are rivals for the whole world and many are trying to catch up with them, but this is quite difficult, given what they are doing. And for me, they are also considered rivals, since we are competing. Well, I hope we will compete. It will be complete happiness for me.

Will they keep their jumps with age? I do not quite understand this bewilderment, because now they still win, this is important. Winning these major competitions. I had to sacrifice a little, but I think it's worth it. Perhaps some of them will retire a little earlier, but still they will achieve their goal ”.

This season, 19-year-old Tursynbaeva performed only at a commercial tournament in Shanghai, becoming second after Yevgeniya Medvyedeva. The skater withdrew from the remaining competitions due to injury. The representative of Kazakhstan became the first woman to complete the quadruple jump in senior competitions.
-----
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...ye-iz-nih-zakonchat-nemnozhko-ranshe-1640662/

Elisabet added to this it is the choice of the athlete, and other trainers shouldn't worry about TShchK.

Elisabet staunchly defends #TeamTutberidzeForProgress and their skaters against all those wrong and false 'impressions' made around them.

Then she went on how during a ride in the car, a thought popped into her mind, she decided to write it down, one phrase after the other, and suddenly a poem stood on paper. She sent it to her brother for appraisal, and he said 'when you don't publish it, i'll kill you', and so Elisabet published some of her poems on her Instagram, which she can keep up with now because there is more free time left.

After quarrelling with the doctors, Elisabet can do some simple sliding on ice, so as not to loose the feeling of figure skating, but no jumping. About the Tutberidze Show of Champions, she is thinking of something to show there, but obviously won't tell about it now. There even might be a chance the show gets a stop in Kazakhstan, but it's too early still to know for sure.

Elisabet is still very proud over her first time in seniors quadruple jump and tells that only a few weeks after competing it, she already landed triple Axels in training. And of course hopes to restore them after healing.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you mean first skating to music they composed, she can't be first because Duhamel/Radford skated their SP in the 2013-14 season to music composed by Radford.

But I agree that the music is beautiful and would be nice for a SP.

And even earlier than that, US skater Tim Dolensky skated his SP in 2011 to music he composed himself. Here is an article from Goldenskate with Tim talking about skating to his own composition:

https://www.goldenskate.com/2012/05/dolensky-working-hard-to-continue-windfall/

Sorry for the thread drift, LilBet fans, this may be a good topic for a thread, though, thanks for the question! Good luck to LilBet with her new program:hap10:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Elizabet does indeed seem a very bright and cultivated person. Multi talented too :)