Elizabet Tursynbaeva | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Elizabet Tursynbaeva

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
First half needs bit more connection to the music IMO but a lot of times things that strike me as strange or a bit lacking often grow on me with time. That's not always a bad thing. I do however feel the last half has great potential and the program seems to hit a crescendo with the spread eagle 2a that lands on a very nice bass note that sort of sweeps away the original feel. I'll have to rewatch again because I kind of thought she put her foot down right before the 2a causing a slight break in the moment or something but upon landing the jump I'd soon forgotten like magic if anything weird has actually happened. I'm not ready to like or dislike just yet.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Elizabet's LP from Skate Detroit, not perfect but she didnt give up and fought till the end :cheer: and did she have to deal with music problem? i couldnt watch but reading the comments i undertsand that there was a problem and she had to restart
she will compete at saturday for final round, wish her better luck :cheer:

MalAssada

Medalist
I'm very glad she managed to perform as she did after such a break in her concentration. Good luck to her on Saturday!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so, Elizabet won her 1st senior medal with almost perfect free skate (just a turnout at her 3Lz) :cheer:
here is her scoresheet from her mom's fb , her PCS is 61+, its not ISU event so it probably wont be that high during GPS at 1st but its still impressive :cheer: and they dont seem to find right timing for 3Lo2T2Lo unless they are planning the layout as 4+3 :think:

and report of her programs from TrishaG for those of you didnt check Skate Detroit thread :biggrin:

for SP
I saw Elizabet run by a few times, warming up. She also did a lot of off-ice jumps next to the stand I was sitting in. She is super tiny in person! I didn't see Brian Orser though.

I got some food while they were resurfacing the ice, and sat down at a table off to the side. It got pretty crowded and I kept feeling like I was in the way, lol. It's a small area and there were lots of younger competitors darting around, parents trying to find their athletes to come out from the locker rooms, etc. So I went back into the rink and stood off by the door, figuring I'd be out of everyone's path. And then I noticed Brian Orser was about ten feet from me!! Elizabet came up to him and they talked about her warmup. They both seemed very calm and relaxed. At this point, I was doing my best to keep them in my side vision and not look like I was paying any attention. She had finished with what he'd told her to do so he said to do something else (didn't catch what) and then to put on her skates. He checked with her that she had a place to put on her skates before he sent her off to finish her warm up. Also, Elizabet had ribbons around her bun and one of them had flopped forward on the top of her head; while they were talking, Brian pushed it back in place for her. He seems like such a caring coach.

I was pretty amused when I realized that Elizabet was skating to Send In The Clowns. I mean, Yuna skated to it for her SP in Sochi! Brian is simultaneously throwing Yuna some subtle shade, but also evoking Yuna comparisons to get the judges thinking about all that his last female athlete accomplished. This is the launch of Yuna 2.0, aka Elizabet. It's just layers of deliciousness. That being said, I thought she skated really well. She has a lot of speed, but also has a lovely and gentle delicacy in her movements. While we waited for scores, Hannah's mom said that people were wondering how old Elizabet is because she's just so tiny. Apparently, most were guessing that she's 12 or 13. When I said that she's no younger than 15 because this is her first year as a senior, everyone seemed surprised. She really does look super young for her age! Tbh, if I didn't know any better, I'd guess she was 12.

for FP
Elizabet's music had issues when she started her program, but she did not hesitate and was committed to her skate. Brian Orser waved over to the judges a few times to alert them there was a problem, then he and her mother (who was standing with Brian) both started waving at Elizabet to stop her as she skated towards them. It was kind of funny, because she must have so focused that she just didn't see them! So they started waving bigger and bigger, and it wasn't until she was right next to them and starting her first jump that she noticed, lol. She popped the first one, then stopped. Her mom needed to grab the back up music, which she had very nearby. Mama had her baby's back, lol Elizabet talked briefly with Brian, then took up her start position again. When she did her first jump near Brian and her mom, both clapped very quickly so she could see it. She seemed to take the restart in stride, did a nice job, and I liked the program.

hopefully there will be video of it soon!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
She is very talented. I can't wait for her first season in seniors!!! Maybe she will be the "surprise" in the season.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks mnm! :cheer:
elizabet just posted a video of her doing off-ice 3A and i think its really good attempt (i would give credit but i am just casual FS fan XD) :jaw: her account is private so i cant share it but if you are interested to see here is her instagram page, you think we can see it in the next couple of seasons :dance:

Edit: and her caption is "when you really dont know what to do" :laugh:

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight
elizabet just posted a video of her doing off-ice 3A and i think its really good attempt (i would give credit but i am just casual FS fan XD) :jaw: her account is private so i cant share it but if you are interested to see here is her instagram page, you think we can see it in the next couple of seasons :dance:

I've seen it and was so impressed! It looks so so so good! I think she will be capable to do it on the ice as well.
Meanwhile, is there a video of her final SD performance?:)

mikaboo

Medalist

Is this what she posted?
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153036791588450
It's looking really good. I love watching skaters try new jumps and combos.
Good luck to her! :cheer: She's so talented & cute!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I've seen it and was so impressed! It looks so so so good! I think she will be capable to do it on the ice as well.
Meanwhile, is there a video of her final SD performance?:)

mnm464 said she would upload it :cheer: so i am waiting :biggrin:

Is this what she posted?
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153036791588450
It's looking really good. I love watching skaters try new jumps and combos.
Good luck to her! :cheer: She's so talented & cute!

yeah thats the video, thanks!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks for the news,just heard of it now , the more experience before GPS th better:cheer:
and i didnt know her visa issue was still continuing :hopelessness: so she probably wasnt at canada whole summer! i am glad its sorted out now and they can go full on! :cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so, Elizabet added another victory to her resume, Thornhill Summer Skate, :cheer:
Here is her SP, not perfect and she had bad fall but finished 2nd (but highest TES :biggrin:) thanks smasma for uploading it!!
and she won LP with 111 points and won overall! :clap: i think her PCS were low on both segments but its understandable i guess

yyyskate

Record Breaker
We need a proper nickname for this amazing girl. since Elizaveta Tuk from Russia got the nickname Liza.
So what's your guys suggestions.
I have used Kaz ET. Kaz Liza. or somebody used little liza
I dont like these names.
The only difference is Elizabet with Bet compare to Elizaveta with Veta.
ideas?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
you love giving nicknames to skaters dont you? :biggrin: i call her tiny princess but thats too long for a nickname i guess :laugh: Kaz ET?? sounds like alien :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
We need a proper nickname for this amazing girl. since Elizaveta Tuk from Russia got the nickname Liza.
So what's your guys suggestions.
I have used Kaz ET. Kaz Liza. or somebody used little liza
I dont like these names.
The only difference is Elizabet with Bet compare to Elizaveta with Veta.
ideas?

No biggie, but I myself would rather stick with Elizabet, which I think is a really cool :cool: name :yes:.

Unless Elizabet's friends call her by a nickname (unknown to me), I don't see any need to fix what ain't broke. YMMV.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
OK, maybe someday Elizabet's friends will show up and tell us her real nickname. Until then I will stick with Elizabet. it kinda long for my spelling skills:biggrin:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
you love giving nicknames to skaters dont you? :biggrin: i call her tiny princess but thats too long for a nickname i guess :laugh: Kaz ET?? sounds like alien :biggrin:

That's the point:biggrin: It actually originated from Liza's initials, because, Liza can jump like someone out of this planet. then again, Elizabet has the same initial as Liza, so Kaz ET.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If she were a rapper I'd be cool with Lil' Bet :biggrin: