Boyang Jin | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin

s_parks

Record Breaker
Boyang's fs on youtube: https://youtu.be/8dkqrxU3y6M

Shame about the fall on the spin, but seriously, 4 quads, including the Lutz with only a stepout! At that altitude too. I can see he's trying to improve the non-jump aspects of his skating, and I really wish the fed sent him to canada this past summer for new choreography... hope he gets more support after this season.

dandelionclock

Spectator
Loop, flip, and axel :)

But they were landed by few skaters in practice , besides axel

Thank you HanDomi for the information again! I hope Hanyu lands the loop in a few years, but as for flip, I can't imagine anyone at the moment...

Boyang's fs on youtube: https://youtu.be/8dkqrxU3y6M

Shame about the fall on the spin, but seriously, 4 quads, including the Lutz with only a stepout! At that altitude too. I can see he's trying to improve the non-jump aspects of his skating, and I really wish the fed sent him to canada this past summer for new choreography... hope he gets more support after this season.

The free skate was a bit dissapointing due to the lack of speed and energy he showed in the short, but if he keeps the pace of improving his PCS, he'll be one of the favorites at 2018 olympics. Hope we can see his best performance in the Grand Prix series. :dance:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank you HanDomi for the information again! I hope Hanyu lands the loop in a few years, but as for flip, I can't imagine anyone at the moment...

I thought Daisuke Murakami could do 4F in practice.

Dmitri Aliev just turned 16 and he can already do 4T, 4Lo and 4S. I wonder what he'll be able to do in a couple years...

DaPurpleDino

Final Flight
Just discovered Boyang recently and hes super talented at jumping! (4Lz3T :yahoo:) I just wish his fed would support him more and send him somewhere where he can really polish up his basics like spins and skating skills. If they do this they could have their next big talent in FS and it would really help chinese skating to advance. Good luck to him for CoC and hope he doesn't falter under the pressure

s_parks

Record Breaker
Just discovered Boyang recently and hes super talented at jumping! (4Lz3T :yahoo:) I just wish his fed would support him more and send him somewhere where he can really polish up his basics like spins and skating skills. If they do this they could have their next big talent in FS and it would really help chinese skating to advance. Good luck to him for CoC and hope he doesn't falter under the pressure

The CSA basically has a love affair with Song Nan for whatever reason. Same thing happened to Han- Song was sent to 2013 worlds over him when Han was clearly better than him at that point. Hopefully the csa will send him to canada after this season for choreo and training. Anyways, I hope Boyang will gain confidence after his successful 4lz attempts to skate cleanly and consistently in competition. Good luck at CoC! (He my pick for an upset medal :p)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm curious...what is the background of Boyang's coach? I don't know much about Chinese skating. I'm all for pushing the sport forward & Boyang is incredible, but I just wonder how it is that he can do so much more than anyone else ever has, jumping-wise. Is it just his body type or what? I really hope his team is looking out for his health so he can sustain his career for years to come.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The CSA basically has a love affair with Song Nan for whatever reason. Same thing happened to Han- Song was sent to 2013 worlds over him when Han was clearly better than him at that point. Hopefully the csa will send him to canada after this season for choreo and training. Anyways, I hope Boyang will gain confidence after his successful 4lz attempts to skate cleanly and consistently in competition. Good luck at CoC! (He my pick for an upset medal :p)
Upset medal? I'd almost call him a favourite to medal (not to win--but bronze, certainly). I worry about his consistency, but that goes for every single guy at CoC (and every single guy in the world right now except Nam Nguyen :scard8:).

Now please, skating gods, don't make me come back a few days later and realize I jinxed him...

I'm curious...what is the background of Boyang's coach? I don't know much about Chinese skating. I'm all for pushing the sport forward & Boyang is incredible, but I just wonder how it is that he can do so much more than anyone else ever has, jumping-wise. Is it just his body type or what? I really hope his team is looking out for his health so he can sustain his career for years to come.
His body type probably helps (thin, light, capable of jumping high and rotating fast--rather like Yuzuru, actually). But yes, I do worry about him. It seems like Boyang himself genuinely loves to jump and to challenge himself, but I hope his coach knows when to rein him in.

For what it's worth, we've heard of skaters from the past training crazy jumps (mainly the Russians + Stojko ;)). But there was no Instagram/Weibo/social media back then, so we didn't have videos. But yeah, Boyang is another level, to put it in his programs--implying he has the stamina to do 4Lz and still complete everything else. :eekn:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Boyang is an absolute jumping monster :clap: His performance abilities have majorly improved too, I was so happy to see him skate today! Good luck in the FS :cheer:

tulosai

Record Breaker
His SP at CoC was truly INCREDIBLE! I loved it! Well done to him!:hap93:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm so impressed at how he was able to work on the 4lz-3t and still show improvement in pcs! Great job. Keep up the improvement.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Happy to see him making a history :clapper:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Those jumps were phenomenal, and Boyang didn't slack of on the presentation either. Well done! :shocked: So amazed.

LRK

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Boyang on his amazing historic feat! It was... unreal.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Very impressive SP. I've been waiting to see that quad Lutz in a combo and it was great indeed. Can't wait to see FS.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Evgeni Rukavitsyn, the coach of Konstantin Menshov, Dmitri Aliev, etc. was interviewed about Boyang. He has very positive things to say (but I'm relying on Google Translate - maybe someone can provide a proper translation...)

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/856240

Excerpt - - I can compare achievement Jin Bojana any grandiose records in other sports - said Rukavitsin. - With the advances in navigation Phelps, Bolt's sprint, Bubka in the pole vault ... Something like that. Yes, quad lutz before jumping people - for example, the American figure skater Michael Weiss, other athletes, some I even knew personally. But what I saw today - a cascade of quadruple lutz-triple toe loop - this was not. This epoch-making event. And it's so cool Bojan played the cascade! The item is received high, free, the transit ...

- One of the challenges of this stage - it takes a lot of energy. But Jin Bojan in the same program and made a second quad - coat.

- In fact, if a Chinese skater did just this stage and nothing more about it, of course, also be discussed. But Jin Bojan skated brilliantly the entire program, the second quad was in its second half. It is very expensive. I'm a very big impression on the performance of the athlete. And I must say that I did not seem quite so weak parts of his riding. Of course, I can not say that he is a virtuoso of the ridge, but I think it would be possible to put a higher second estimate.