Boyang Jin | Page 80 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin

icybear

Medalist
SP music: First light by Cinematic pop ft Spencer Jones
FS music: Luca D'Alberto "Wait For Me" and "Yellow Moon"
Not totally certain if these are his new music, he just uploaded them on his weibo story so I just guessed there were. Not a fan of the sp music sounds very uneventful and uninteresting. As for the fs music, it's a good piece of music but it doesnt sound like it would suit him and Benoit seems to have done a god awful job of interpreting it choreograph wise judging from the clips. I would think it would be suited to a skater with beautiful flowing arm movements which isnt exactly what Boyang can do. I hope to be proven wrong but I dont have high hopes.

amethyst

Spectator
Some updates on Boyang and his new skating season...:party2:

Boyang will be participating in a domestic competition this weekend. It is called Chinese Figure Skating Interclub League and this is the second year that the CFSA is holding this competition. Boyang is expected to participate in the first and fifth competition of the Interclub League and maybe even the final. He will be representing his current training place and skating club, Century Star, and will be debuting his new SP and FS.

Tomorrow is his first official practice and we can expect to see first glimpses of his new SP. Just as what previous post has revealed, Boyang will be skating to “First Light”. He teased fans with a short clip of his SP music on his weibo story yesterday, sparking a frenzy among fans to identify the music. LOL:laugh2: Anyway, his SP is choreographed by Lori Nicol. His SP track record with Lori is vey good so I believe it will be great as usual. I look forward to seeing the whole program tomorrow during the OP, and subsquently on Saturday during the actual SP competition.

“Unfortunately” for fans, we have to wait until this coming Monday to see the FS because Boyang will only have his FS official practice and the actual FS competition on that day itself.:eek:hwell: It’s the highly anticipated collaboration with Benoit Richaud. Those teaser clips of his FS posted by Boyang have shown a different style of skating and I am so excited to see the end product.:hap85: The FS music is “Wait for me”. Not a warhorse music choice but I think the music sounds wonderful.

Boyang is starting his new skating season very early this year. After this domestic competition, he will join ice shows at the end of month and then there will be another 2 -3 domestic competitions and a possible appearance at the Shanghai Trophy. All these competitions before Skate America :drama:, and I am not even counting any (highly impossible) B competitions. He is a very busy skater. JIAYOU加油!:hap10:

HoneyBear

On the Ice
So Boyang spraind his ankles again earlier this summer, and he mentioned in the interview that there are other problems as well ....
Can he get a break please ....

icybear

Medalist
So Boyang spraind his ankles again earlier this summer, and he mentioned in the interview that there are other problems as well ....
Can he get a break please ....

I think that might have been during ice fantasia. He didnt do any jumps in day 2 and 3.

amethyst

Spectator
Yesterday, Boyang successfully debuted his new SP in his first competition of the season, with a clean performance.:agree: Despite lowering his jump content difficulty, all his jumps are good: 4T and 3A were beautifully landed and a big 3Lz-3T combination in the second half of the program.:clap:

“First Light” is great as expected.:drama: I love the step sequence in the buildup to the climax and the climax itself. The song ends on a high note with an impactful ending pose...reminds me of the end of the CTHD SP.:yes2: I also like the fact that the spins were evenly placed in the program (after the second jump, after the third jump, and after the step sequence)... a nice change from the usual.:thumbsup: There are also some nice choreography details in the first half and before his 3Lz-3T which I hope will still be there after Boyang puts back his monster 4Lz-3T and reshuffle his jump layout.:laugh:

That said, I feel like Boyang has not fully immense himself into the program yet. In his post-SP interview, he mentioned that he has only started practising his SP last week and that he only did his first runthrough this week. Considering that he went to Lori for the choreography at the start of June, he only has about one month to work with this SP. :slink:

Looking at his performance yesterday, I think the frame is already there, he just need to “fill it up”. I wish to see more energy in the step sequence, just like his Guitar SP last season. I think there is huge potential. The new season is still early though. Give it more time and it will become better.:rock:

In the same interview, he also mentioned that his costumes are not ready yet and will probably take another 2-3 months. Hopefully the costumes would be ready by September in time for the domestic competition then and we can finally see the full package. :hap10: I am predicting a light blue costume for the SP.

Anyway, tomorrow Boyang will be debuting his FS...fingers crossed and good luck...and do something about the hair...!:cheer2:

HoneyBear

On the Ice
I think that might have been during ice fantasia. He didnt do any jumps in day 2 and 3.
I think so too. He also said in the interview that they discovered other issues during check-ups but didn't specify what kind of "issues" there are.
I might be overthinking this; I just really hope he could stay healthy. He had a car accident back in August 2017 and his team rushed him to participate in a domestic competition in early October when he wasn't fully ready. He only mentioned it for the first time in an interview this past May.

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
I really love the new free skate music for Boyang, it's lovely and most importantly it's not a warhorse! =D That said, I do think the transitions could use some work in the first couple of minutes. I like how he seems to be really feeling that dramatic drumbeat during the first half of the program and I want to see that musicality all throughout. I hope to see this skated in epic fashion on the GP circuit!

icekiwi

On the Ice
I really liked this FS too, choreographed by Richaud Benoit I believe.

I like the music choice, quiet but with accents at different places. It is a piece where the skater has a chance to show deep edges, long lines, beautiful carriage and shapings to impress the judges. One can't hide one's skating skills behind choreography forever. Boyang has shown much improvement in his edges, carriage and body shapings from what I could see. Good job from Benoit. I am excited and am very happy with this choice.

Also pleased, he is doing quite a bit of B/C grade competitions just to get the kinks and nerves away for his programs before Skate America. Much better planning from the Chinese Federation.

dramasocks

On the Ice
Here are some fun general/life updates I came across recently!

Pictures from Boyang’s first day of graduate school: https://twitter.com/boyangfanpage/status/1170263787036803074?s=21
(lmao, I felt like a parent talking about their child as I typed that out)

Pictures of his new costumes. They’re very beautiful: https://twitter.com/tenten740502/status/1169921747312730112?s=21

The Ice was like, a month ago, but Boyang just posted this fun picture of him and Shoma (dressed as a girl): https://twitter.com/tan97103/status/1170258636540563456?s=21

icybear

Medalist
Congrats first win of the season. He looks a lot sharper this early in the season than before. Still something wrong with the 4 sal probably a mental block. I believe he hasnt landed it since the olympics but there have been practice videos of him landing it. Hoping Boyang can medal in every competition this season.:pray:

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Ito Satomi made the free skate costume for Boyang this season. I'm a big fan of her works, although I have doubted if her style suits Boyang. As it turns out, it does.