Sota Yamamoto | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sota Yamamoto

Rissa

Record Breaker
Perhaps he could stay in juniors for 2 more seasons, give himself time to improve? Jin Boyang is a monster technically, so he seems to be poised for the next season's titles. But then Sota's 15 and at that age it's possible to make huge leaps in short time so he might catch up.

Hah, following juniors is fascinating. I can't wait until they all get on more even ground age-wise (because now 2 years is a big difference) and how they'll compete against one another. Shoma, Sota, Jin, Adian, Nam, Nathan, I'm really curious how they'll end up.

Rissa

Record Breaker
boyang is 17 already, i would be surprised if he doesnt turn senior next year :scratch: but you never know :laugh: but regardless of boyang sota is gonna have enough rivals

And isn't he the Chinese national champion already? It would make sense if he didn't come back to juniors next season, with his 3 quads he can start making a name for himself amongst the seniors. Then Sota would have one less rival next season, could possibly win some big medals and turn senior the following year. Moving fast, those top juniors!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
And isn't he the Chinese national champion already? It would make sense if he didn't come back to juniors next season, with his 3 quads he can start making a name for himself amongst the seniors. Then Sota would have one less rival next season, could possibly win some big medals and turn senior the following year. Moving fast, those top juniors!

well he is 2 time national champ actually so i am really expecting for him to be senior, and i think it would be good challenge for him to improve artistry among the big boys, sorry this is sota's thread so i ll just stop now :laugh: :slink:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Perhaps he could stay in juniors for 2 more seasons, give himself time to improve? Jin Boyang is a monster technically, so he seems to be poised for the next season's titles. But then Sota's 15 and at that age it's possible to make huge leaps in short time so he might catch up.

Hah, following juniors is fascinating. I can't wait until they all get on more even ground age-wise (because now 2 years is a big difference) and how they'll compete against one another. Shoma, Sota, Jin, Adian, Nam, Nathan, I'm really curious how they'll end up.

When they all turn senior and compete with the current senior men, it will be a blood bath for sure. I'm looking forward to that day when we see them in the same competitions. The field will definitely be even more interesting.

As for Sota, I believe it's the right decision to stay as a junior for another season. There's no need to rush into being a senior and frankly I don't think he's quite ready for it either. Hoping he'll get some good JGP assignments and win those medals!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
When they all turn senior and compete with the current senior men, it will be a blood bath for sure. I'm looking forward to that day when we see them in the same competitions. The field will definitely be even more interesting.

As for Sota, I believe it's the right decision to stay as a junior for another season. There's no need to rush into being a senior and frankly I don't think he's quite ready for it either. Hoping he'll get some good JGP assignments and win those medals!

Yes, he's certainly not ready for seniors yet. But I'm looking forward to seeing if he manages the quad in the off-season. I've seen him do one in practice so far.

firal

Record Breaker
I believe Sota said that he'll aim for the gold next year as a junior, and that he will try to include the quad too. ;)

Last edited:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
I'm just hoping he focuses more on the 3A first before moving onto the quad. But in any case, I am ready to see what Sota is going to bring to the table. :)

ahkeekee

Medalist
Hello, this is my first time being here in Sota's fan fest! (Though I am also a yuzu-fan) Sota is so enjoyable and wonderful to watch and I really look forward to seeing him enter the senior world~ His cheerfulness is really cute and lovely indeed! I fell in love with him from watching his short program in JGP.

I just realized that the kid in this video, surprised by Nobu who has come to help him with the 3Lo, is 10-year old Sota! I've watched it many times before and never realized it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSqW2erO5lY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQYLm17XyA

This is so cute~

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thanks for the link mikaboo. And apologies for again imposing on you but I have not read any review yet about Sota's performances at DOI so I was wondering if you can share your impressions on it. I am especially curious because from the pictures I saw in Tumblr (https://40.media.tumblr.com/9439c82d9d0143b6e7e0e123a857d55d/tumblr_npy5lgzILN1r1yaqpo1_r1_250.png, https://41.media.tumblr.com/ce21a332722cfdb08a0af7d23da53c32/tumblr_npy5lgzILN1r1yaqpo2_250.png uploaded by magicaleggplant), I know he did his new SP set to "Poeta," which in the minds of many will forever be associated with Stephane Lambiel.

Thanks in advance!

mikaboo

Medalist
^Maria Victoria
You caught me :biggrin:
Sota was part of the reasons why I purchased tickets before the full cast was announced, but I think he was having his "off" day on Sunday.
He made multiple mistakes in his jumps but everything else about his Poeta looked promising and I can't wait to see it at JGP. He looked more mature and I liked what I could see of the costume too. As I'm writing this, I think he probably did much better than I remember. It's just that 2 skaters who went before him were so good that his mistakes stood out more.
He apparently landed a 4T in the finale, but I don't remember it :bang:! He went out to jump with Shoma, who did a 4S(2ft). Too many things going on at once.

Unfortunately, I wasn't watching figure skating when Stéphane was competing so I can't really make a comparison yet. I'm kind of glad he's staying in junior because the comparison would be made from all angles if he were skating at senior GPs. I would be too! I love Stéphane :love:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Are all of Shoma Uno, Boyang Jin, Alexander Petrov, and Adian Pitkeev in seniors now?

If so... who (if anyone) now presents a serious challenge to Sota this season?! Nathan Chen?

I think Sota could be on the podium a lot this year :-D

Last edited: