Sota Yamamoto | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sota Yamamoto

mikaboo

Medalist
Congratulations Sota! :cheer: Is he secured for JGPF now or not yet?

Sota was introduced on a local (Nagoya?) TV program yesterday. It's the usual bla bla bla about similarities with Hanyu, wanting to win stuff, etc. New information for me was that he and his coach said that he's afraid of the 3A and he jumps as though he wants to let go of the power. Maybe that's why he pops them because he releases the power before he rotates. But it's great he didn't pop any at this competition.

I already posted the SP run-through on the TJ thread, but someone who is at Torun uploaded some videos of some of the boys' run-throughs. Here are Sota's.
SP run-through
FS run-through

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Congrats, first JGP WIN for Sota. I hope he can get over his hesitancy with the 3A so he can challenge for the JGP title. This time both 3A and 4T were so good.

enlight78

Medalist
Just want to scream yayyyy for Sota. Hope he gets over his fear of the 3A before the jr grand prix final

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
SO happy for Sota-kun! I knew he would do it. There's such an improvement in his skating since last season and he's really progressing. Lovely scores for him at this event. Hopefully this gives him some more confidence. This is a guy that can do it!

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Sota-kun has really improved! Some costly jump mistakes but I thought he had good speed and flow and was really into his programs.

blackey

On the Ice
I'm rewatching last year's jgpf, just realize the distance of sota's jumps is ridiculous long! How does he do that! He is so skinny!!! gosh the way he jumps really feels like young yuzuru

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Happy (sweet) 16th Birthday Sota! I guess he had his advance birthday present at the NHK exhibition yesterday where he had a picture with his idol Yuzuru. Looks like he is rapidly catching up with the latter's height.

So proud of the progress he has made this season by including the quad toe. Now I wish him greater consistency with it and hopefully be a dominant force in the juniors this year. Continue working hard and being humble Sota!

Last edited: