Wakaba Higuchi | Page 97 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

iamSkylar

Rinkside
I’m so proud of Wakaba. During her SKAM SP we saw the skate we all knew Wakaba’s capable of.

Going into her FS, she immediately looked drained and off and her skate reflected it. I hope she will find the courage to continue because when she’s ON, she’s ON and can bring they Mega watt energy to the room!

Azcha

Rinkside
I'm so happy for Wakaba coming back strong from her injury.
But the SP score at GP France was a bit disappointed. Wish PCS was higher.
Still looking forward to her performance in Free.

LynsJ

On the Ice
Wakaba had a standing ovation at the rink today, one of the best crowd reactions. I was so shocked sitting in the rink when I heard her score called out [emoji853]

sakurano

Final Flight
I come back from the IDF it was amazing to see Wakaba in real life, see her expressions, her jumps even if they were not always successful, she made quite a progress, it pained me that she is poorly rated on MS I think she deserves a lot more arthistics level, I often had my heart beating hard when she made key elements of the program

It's been two seasons since she fights with injuries and jumps so I think it's not bad that she is finished 6 and her two Grand Prix, at this point I do not know what it would take for her is coming back to its best level, but with the ladies doing Quads and Triples Axels it's going to be difficult for all Japanese so I'm struggling to think about it and enjoy skating.

I loved throwing flowers and the pikachu detective cushion I hope it will please him and my card.

Good luck for the nationals

Vemvane

On the Ice
Just saw Wakaba's SP on YouTube, and gosh, that 2A looks so big and travels so far. The I-Scope height of 42cm is a good bit over a foot off the ice! I hope that bodes well for the 3A in her FP.

readernick

Medalist
Wakaba was amazing today! It is so nice to see her return to form. Her 3A looks close to being ready. We might see it at World's. Congratulations!

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I’m so happy for Wakaba! She was wonderful! She is definitely my second favorite Japanese skater after Rika. Great job!!!