Dream Podium/Wishes: 2015 Worlds | Golden Skate

Dream Podium/Wishes: 2015 Worlds

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Which skaters will you be rooting for at Worlds this year? Who would you like to see on the podium? Let's dream for a while before Shanghai begins... :)

---
My wishes:

Men: It's hard to come up with a dream podium because I like the frontrunners (Yuzuru, Javi) but wouldn't mind seeing some new faces on the podium either (Han Yan, Joshua Farris, Sergei Voronov). I'm also rooting for Denis Ten to win Worlds sometime in his career, because to me he is already world champion... but it doesn't have to be this year.

Ladies: 1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (clean with perfect 3A and the first 4-triple SP from a woman) 2. Ashley Wagner (winning the FS with two ratified 3-3s) 3. Elena Radionova (no mistakes as usual)

Pairs: 1. Kavaguti/Smirnov (finally winning a World title) 2. Pang/Tong (though if K/S want to keep competing and can pull off a win next year, I wouldn't mind if they took this one :p) 3. Sui/Han

Ice Dance: Weaver/Poje to finally win a World title. Other than that, I just want everyone to skate well and the best on the night to podium.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Wish. Hanyu to crack 300 :biggrin: although I am not sure he is healthy and fit right now to do this this time . I wouldn't mind if Farris end on podium. Hanyu, Fernandez and Farris would be nice podium, but need another place there for Ten

And Liza to land 3A.

And Sui/Han to win world title :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Wishes: denis to finally win worlds, and yuzuru just to be healthy and skate well after all these health issues lately :drama: Also, for sui/han to skate completely clean, both programs. :yes:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'd like to see Kavaguti/Smirnov win, and for Elena/Ruslan to podium. Also wouldn't mind if Joshua Farris landed on the podium.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
My dream is for the men's podium to be the same as it was at the Grand Prix, in any order. But I don't think I can get that lucky twice in one season. More realistic wish - Javi & Yuzuru to podium, Sergei in the top 5, no major meltdown from Brezina or Amodio (that might not be realistic, lol), Misha Ge in the top 10. Oh, and another redemption skate & clean 4lz from Adam would be nice.

Ladies - my dream is a Russian sweep. Liza in 1st with a +GOE 3A, then Elena and Anna, to prove she is just as worthy as any other Russian girl. And because she deserved bronze last year & got shafted, imo.

Pairs - if D/R skate clean, I wouldn't deny them gold, even if they aren't my favorites. But in my wildest dreams, I guess I'd put the 3 Russian teams on the podium with K/S first. Or perhaps Peng/Zhang instead of T/M...I have my issues with both teams, but I like them both for the most part.

Not really invested in ice dance, but I'd enjoy seeing P/C shock everyone and win gold, then W/P and I/Z, I suppose.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Absolute Dream: I want Dennis Ten to win!!

My Wish: Anna Pogorilaya wins!!! I just feel like whatever this girl does she will always be on the outside looking in. It would be nice for her to have a major piece of hardware to put her mind at ease. Sorry Liza and Elena but you've had enough success this season. Your case is made.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
My dream podium:

Men: 1. Denis Ten with WR at SP 2. whoever deserves the placement 3. Yan Han or Mura because Mura is replaced for Machida's spot and has nice quads and a intriguing Carmen interpretation. I do want Voronov to beat Kovtun by a big margin. The France team keeps their 2 World spots (please Besseghier!). Adam Rippon lands perfect 4lutz.

Ladies:
1. Liza T. 2. Ashley Wagner 3. Gracie Gold (please prove yourself) 4. Kanako Murakami (really don't want to see her to retire early) 5. Polina Edmunds 6. Zijun Li

Pairs:
1. Pang/Tong 2. Kavaguti/Smirnov 3. Peng/Zhang 4. Marchei/Hotarek
..and then P/T and K/S nicely retire with the medals.

Ice Dnace: 1. Papadakis/Cizeron 2. Weaver/Poje 3. Shibutanis 4. Hubbell/Donohue.

Last edited:

Flaya

Match Penalty
My dreams are a little unrealistic but I would love Kiira Korpi and Michael Martinez to win a bronze.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Men:
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Denis Ten
3. Javier/voronov/Han Yan

Ladies
1. Liza
2. Ashley
3. Elena

Pairs
1. D/R
2. P/T
3. Whoever

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Let's see. I want Josh to have a medal, and Jason to place high enough to keep the three spots.

I want Voronov to beat Kovtun again, just to see the look on Kovtun's face.

And I want Brendan to string together all the wonderful skills and talent that he has and force his way into the top 15. Or even, top ten.

For the ladies' there's no question: Liza to be champion and Queen of the world. And Brooklee to skate at her very best and get the marks she deserves for it.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Although I have my favorites, what I want the most is a good competition, with great skates. Not asking for perfection (unrealistic really, particularly with the guys), but some really good performances, the type that gives you chills.

peg

Medalist
Men: I'd love for Josh to land on the podium, and I would really like to see Javi skate two clean programs

Ladies: For either Liza or Ashley to win

Dance: For W/P to finally win, and I/Z to podium

Pairs: For D/R to win and K/S to get silver

rosacotton

Final Flight
What a fun thread!

Men
1. Javi
2. Joshua
3. Voronov

Ladies
1. Liza
2. Ashley
3. Miyahara

Pairs
1. Pang/Tong
2. Kavaguti/Smirnov
3. Marchei/Hotarek

Ice Dance
1. Shibutanis
2. Papadakis/Cizeron
3. Weaver/Poje

slider11

Medalist
Right on, rosacotton! I agree totally with your picks for pairs and ice dance. I would just insert Grace where you have Ashley and Adam Rippon instead of Voronov. Oh, if dreams could come true!
What a fun thread!

Men
1. Javi
2. Joshua
3. Voronov

Ladies
1. Liza
2. Ashley
3. Miyahara

Pairs
1. Pang/Tong
2. Kavaguti/Smirnov
3. Marchei/Hotarek

Ice Dance
1. Shibutanis
2. Papadakis/Cizeron
3. Weaver/Poje

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
For men's at least, there is a dark part of me that wants to see.

1. Han Yan
2. Hanyu
3. Javi
4. American (I am not picking!)
5. D10
6. Misha Ge
7. Nam
8. Liebers
9. Voronov
10. Brezina
11. Kovtun
12. Mura

A few variations within the above are possible, but the idea is, no one would get 3 spots next year. It would be interesting to see what the reaction is. Do people call for change? Do they say it is great the sport is showing so much talent is so many different countries?

I have to admit, it would be interesting to see what happens, and really the mix of guys we have is such that a no 3 person teams is possible. Unless I forgot some loophole. Interesting that both Span and Kazakhstan could get 3 spots this year by just having their skaters go 1 and 2.

So if we got something like

1. D10
2. Javi
3. Japan
4. Russia
5. USA
6. China
7. China
8. USA
9. Russia
10. Japan

We could see 6 countries, Kazakhstan, Spain, Japan, Russia, USA and China all send 3 skaters each. Which i don't know if it would be awesome or a nightmare. And again, assuming I have not missed some loop hole.

owl

On the Ice
Men
1. Hanyu
2. Fernandez
3. Ten/Farris/Han Yan/maybe Voronov

Also, PLEASE no back-to-back POTO...

Ladies
1. Wagner
2. Liza
3. Eh...can't decide

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, PLEASE no back-to-back POTO...
Amen!

Noticing that many of you want Josh Farris to get on the podium. Would be nice but let's hope his goal of Top 5 will be realized. I think it's doable. Kind of depends on how Yuzu has recovered. I think the podium will be Yuzu, Javi and Denis.

Ladies - thinking we'll have a GPF repeat here of Liza, Elena and Ashley.

Pairs - D/R will win here, would love to see Pang/Tong also on the podium b/c I like old folks!

Dance - W/P will most likely win with C/B in 2nd and Shibs in 3rd.

I realize this isn't a wish list but more of a how I see things playing out based on performances throughout the season. Kind of like predicting the Oscars after all the other award shows are done, lol. However ice is slippery so nothing is a sure bet!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ladies:
1.) Liza
2.) Anna! (sorry, I love her and want people to finally take her seriously, also, she should have won a medal last year)
3.) Ashley or Elena, would be happy with either

Men:
1.) D10
2.) Hanyu
3.) Farris!

Pairs:
1.) Duhamel/Radford
2.) Yu/Jin! (love them)
3.) Peng/Zhang

Dance:
1.) Papadakis/Cizeron
2.) Weaver/Poje
3.) Chock/Bates (I like them, especially Madison, okay? She is a great performer and diva)