Saturday, April 11
6:20 Official Practices
13:00 Competition-Free Skating Group B
15:00 Competition-Free Skating Group A

Start orders will soon be here
http://www.skatecanada.ca/isu-world-synchro-2015/start-orders/

ENTRIES

Australia 1 - Infusion
Short Program: Putting on the Ritz, performed by Club Des Belugas and Fred Astaire
Free Program: The Games Begin, composed by James Newton Howard; Artemis Rises, composed by E.H Posthumus;
Anthem/Arena Crumbles, composed by James Newton HowardEnigmatic, composed by James Dooley, performed by Veiled Nation​

Belgium 1 - Temptation
Short Program: Total Eclipse of the Heart, composed by Jim Steinman, performed by Bonnie Tyler
Free Program: 80’s mix, by Isch​

Canada 1 - NEXXICE
Short Program: Mud, composed by the Road Hammers
Free Program: Rhapsody in Blue, composed by George Gershwin​

Canada 2 - Les Suprêmes
Short Program: Proud Mary, from the motion picture Flushed Away, composed by Tina Turner
Free Program: Overture and All that Jazz, from the soundtrack Chicago, composed by Danny Elfman; Big Spender, from the Broadway soundtrack Sweet Charity, performed by the Broadway Cast;Who’s Got the Pain, from the Damn Yankees soundtrack; A los Amigos, from the album Ecos De Tango; Mein Herr, from musical Cabaret

Croatia 1 - Zagreb Snowflakes
Short Program: I Like To Move It Move It, composed by Erick Morillo, Mark Quashie, performed by Reel 2 Real
Free Program: Music from the Broadway musical Tarzan, composed by Phil Collins​

Czech Republic 1 - Olympia
Short Program: Hava Nagila, performed by The Barry Sisters
Free Program: Music from the movie soundtrack Sister Act, composed by Marc Shaiman​

Finland 1 - Marigold Ice Unity
Short Program: Bui-Doi, from the musical Miss Saigon, performed by the original London Broadway cast, composed by Claude-Michel Schönberg
Free Program: Scanning the Enemy, from the Expendables soundtrack, composed by Brian Tyler;Infinite White, from the soundtrack Transformers: Revenge of Fallen, composed by Steve Jablonsky;Inner Child, from the album Tubular bells, composed by Mike Oldfield; In for the Kill, from the album: PP Music (UK) – Destructive Drums, composed by Gabriel Shadid and Tobias Marberger, performed by the orchestra Epic Score; OMG Run, from the album: Epic action Adventure, Vol.1; Media Weather, from the soundtrack Naqoyqatsi, composed by Philip Glass​

Finland 2 - Rockettes
Short Program: La Fiesta and La Isla Bonita, performed by Madonna
Free Program: The Story of a Bollywood Star, from the soundtrack Life of Pi, composed by Mychael Danna; Crossing the Bridge, from the soundtrack The Sound of Istanbul, composed by Orient Expressions; Whatever Lola Wants, composed by Natacha Atlas; Crossing the Bridge, from the soundtrack The Sound of Istanbul, composed by Sertab Erener; One Two Three Four Get On the Dance Floor, from the soundtrack Chennai Express, composed by Vishal-Shekar

France 1 - Zoulous
Short Program: Ray Charles Hit the Road Jack Relanium Remix, composed by Percy Mayfield;
Free Program: Rivers of Belief, composed by Curly Fairstein, performed by Enigma; Angelic Voices (Rebirth remix) & Flower Duet from Lakme, composed by Leo Delibes, performed by B-Tribe & Jahna; Crossing the Bridge, from the soundtrack The Sound of Istanbul, composed by Orient Expressions; Evil King & Black Angels, composed by Gabriel Shadid & Tobias Marberger, performed by Epic Score; Thriller & 160 BPM, composed by PP Music UK & Hans Zimmer

Germany 1 - Berlin 1
Short Program: There You’ll Be, from the Pearl Harbour soundtrack, performed by Faith Hill
Free Program: Music from the soundtrack Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl​

Great Britain 1 - Spirit
Short Program: The Piano Boys Vocals, with Max Schneider
Free Program: Mystery of the Nile, composed by David Giro and Steve Wood​

Hungary 1 - Passion
Short Program: Ad Marem, composed by Havasi Balázs, performed by the Havasi Symphonic Orchestra
Free Program: African Mix​

Italy 1 - Hot Shivers
Short Program: Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, composed by Ryuichi Sakamoto
Free Program: Poeta En El Viento, composed by Vicente Amigo​

Japan 1 - Jingu Ice Messengers Grace
Short Program: The Rose, composed by Amanda McBroom, performed by Bette Midler
Free Program: Music from the movie soundtrack Kitano Takeshi Zatoichi, performed by Keiichi Suzuki​

Latvia 1 - Amber
Short Program: La Gloria, composed and performed by Gotan Project
Free Program: They don’t care about us, You are not alone, Billie Jean, performed by Michael Jackson​

Mexico 1 - Merging Edge
Short Program: It’s All Coming Back to Me Now, composed by Jim Steinman, performed by Celine Dion
Free Program: Bust a Move, composed and performed by Young MC; Gonna Make you Sweat (Everybody Dance Now), performed by C+C Music Factory; Ice Ice Baby, composed and performed by Vanilla Ice; I’m Too Sexy, composed and performed by Right Said Fred; U Can’t Touch This, performed by MC Hammer​

Russia 1 - Paradise
Short Program: The Business of Love, composed by Domino
Free Program: Polovtsian Dances, composed by Alexander Borodin​

Russia 2 - Tatarstan
Short Program: Swan Lake, composed by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Free Program: Music from the movie soundtrack 5th Element​

Spain 1 - Fusion
Short Program: Rainmaker, composed and performed by Emmelie de Forest; Heart Upon My Sleeve, by Avicii
Free Program: Music from the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack​

Sweden 1 - Surprise
Short Program: Mobile mix, Composed by Magnus Hyden; Technologic, composed and performed by Daft Punk; One two selfie, by Adrian Emile & Robin Veela
Free Program: Code of conduct, composed by Hans Zimmer; I have a dream, speech by Martin Luther King Jr; Strange Fruit, composed by Billie Holiday, performed by Nina Simone; Imagine, composed by John Lennon, performed by Emeli Sandé; Gathering of The clans, composed by Audiomachine ; 2012 Victory speech, by Barack Obama​

Sweden 2 - Boomerang
Short Program: Fix you, composed and performed by Cold Play
Free Program: A Day in the Dance Studio​

Switzerland 1 - Cool Dreams
Short Program: Transformation and Arrival of the birds, composed by Cinematic Orchestra
Free Program: The Grand Voyage, Labyrinth of Fear, and Spell on my Heart, composed by Dan Graham​

USA 1 - Haydenettes
Short Program: James Bond, composed by Monty Norman, performed by the John Barry Orchestra; In to Miami, composed by John Barry, performed by the John Barry Orchestra
Free Program: Music from the Sunset Boulevard soundtrack, composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber, performed by Alan Campbell, Paul Bogaev & Orchestra​

USA 2 - Miami University
Short Program: The World is Ours, performed by Aloe Blacc & David Corey
Free Program: Elvis Presley medley​

Turkey 1 - Turquoise
Short Program: We Will Rock You, remix by Fatboy Slim; Breathe, performed by The Prodigy
Free Program: Music from the Beetlejuice soundtrack, composed by Danny Elfman

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If not geoblocked in your country. Because IN has it, it will be blocked in the US. I will add the ISU channel to the original post.

Skate Canada may have dailymotion live streaming, and if so, may archive videos.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There are an official mashup video and an interview with Jennifer Beauchamp-Crichton
Athlete Ambassador, 2015 ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships on the official website.
http://www.skatecanada.ca/event/isu-world-synchronized-skating-championships-2015/

golden411 linked a great article about the Mexican synchro team in the Latin American skating thread in the Edge. Elvis Stojko helped them find practice ice, so they could practice on a full-sized rink before the competition.
http://www.wellandtribune.ca/2015/0...g-team-getting-helping-hand-from-elvis-stokko

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
CBC will air 3 hours of televised coverage from 3pm to 6pm EST on Saturday, April 11th.

hydroblader

Rinkside
The draw for start order is Thursday at 7:30 PM. I'm on my way to the practice arena to start my medical volunteer shift. Hopefully I'll be able to catch NEXXICE and Les Supremes practice sessions.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you, hydroblader!

Do tell us about your Worlds experiences when you have a chance! And in any case, have a great time!

hydroblader

Rinkside
Mini practice report : I caught the last 9 teams at the SP practice. Missed NEXXICE tho, oh well, I can see them anytime. Les Supremes were awesome, very fast. Croatia was trying to get down and funky with "I like to move it". Nice work, the ladies were very graceful, needed a to get down a little more tho.

Finland 2 was next . Pretty black and blue practice dresses with the Finnish flag on the left breast. They were smooth and efficient. Well practiced warm up. Definite speed increase compared to the previous team. the Czechs were next, they were working on their LP . Cute version of Sister act soundtrack. Little collision with one skater hurting her arm, but she shook it off and they finished strongly.

Finland 1 was up. There were whispers that they didn't want to show off too much of their warmup or practice. They didn't attend their off Ice warm up. But they did their short program. Nice powerful lifts, good speed, but I kinda like Finland 2 's program better. Otherwise very strong. I guess I was expecting more, but it is only an early practice.

I just missed the French team, but the German team looked strong. Middle of the pack with speed and flow. The British team was next. Lovely girls, very amiable. Watched their off ice warm up as well. They were clearly slower, and the edge skills from some members were a little lacking, but I admired their spirit. They seemed to be enjoying the moment. Btw their team name Spirit, was an apt one.
The Hungarians closed up the practice. Nice middle level team. Ending short with pass thru and sudden stop. Seems to be a common choreographic choice this year. Several other teams had similar endings.

I'll try to give updates when possible. My next shifts are competition days Friday and Saturday .

hydroblader

Rinkside
Random thoughts so far:
1- Why are the teams using English spelling on their team wear and uniforms? Both Finnish teams had Finland instead of Suomi on their jackets. The majority of the teams used the English versions of their country names. Just wondering.
2- Very different warmup techniques and demeanor on and off the ice, from super casual to planned to almost the second. team Australia was rather relaxed and almost, well what do we do next?, on their practice. The Haydenettes had the most focused off ice regimen. So much attention to facial movement and gestures.
3- funniest moment, a Hungarian skater (Team Passion) was wandering around looking for a screwdriver for a loose screw on her skate. A group of LOC officialsand volunteers were nearby, everyone looking for screwdriver. fortunately one of our EMT's had a multipurpose tool which fixed the problem. I guess Team Hungary had better get a team screwdriver before official competition started. I suggested to some off the LOC members that screwdrivers would make excellent athelete gifts in the future. Some one posted the photo on Twitter and Instagram.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I presume the English labels are exactly because the event is in Canada? The teams want to be identifiable by local staff? Were the Russian teams' jackets in English, too?

I loved the story about the screw driver! :laugh2: