2015 World's Opening Ceremonies | Golden Skate

2015 World's Opening Ceremonies

zebobes

Final Flight
Is anyone watching the opening ceremonies? It's actually quite trippy. They are projecting images onto the ice, so it looks like there is a glacier, and they have skaters wearing glowing costumes... They are going through the history of ice skating, when ice skaters were pictured in Chinese history.

Yu and Jin are performing some pairs moves now.

Last edited:

zebobes

Final Flight
Some other cool lighting effects. Each attendee appears to be holding a glowing light, so it looks like the audience is a sea of stars. The projections on the ice are quite beautiful.

firal

Record Breaker
I was thinking of creating a thread for it too as I am watching it. Looks like a big production, quite interesting.

firal

Record Breaker
It's like a mini Olympics with the singer too. Can anyone remember if Worlds of the past years went to such distance for the Opening ceremony?

ozmodiar

On the Ice
It's a not so subtle suggestion of what they could do for the opening ceremonies for the 2022 Winter Olympics. Which China is bidding on.

zebobes

Final Flight
Wow.... Shen and Zhao singing a duet, while Wang and Wang are skating. It almost makes me want to laugh, and yet their voices aren't half bad.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
S/Z have still got some moves! (Now, I don't mind them lip syncing, since they aren't singers, and happen to be skating at the same time). Poor W/W... camera barely cares about them.

ozmodiar

On the Ice
It was nice to see Lulu again. I don't think I've seen her since she was in Stars on Ice.

It's kind of amazing that they flew in Meryl and Charlie and Evgeny just to perform for a couple of minutes.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Doubtless Plushy was more kingly and regal tonight than any of the men we'll see on Friday! How did he go?