Team Russia Fan Page | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Team Russia Fan Page

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Big surprise, the Russian Men flopped again. :rolleye: Hopefully the ladies can salvage a 2nd place, at least.

moriel

Record Breaker
Big surprise, the Russian Men flopped again. :rolleye: Hopefully the ladies can salvage a 2nd place, at least.

Dunno, the FS actually seemed ok - they pretty much did maybe not their best, but surely some good skate for them...
Ladies and pairs can deffo salvage 2nd place =D

If FS for ladies and pairs go exactly the same way as the sp, team russia will have a 7 points advantage over the japanese, and this is definitely doable.
1st place quite unlikely, unless american ladies meltdown.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Dunno, the FS actually seemed ok - they pretty much did maybe not their best, but surely some good skate for them...
Ladies and pairs can deffo salvage 2nd place =D

If FS for ladies and pairs go exactly the same way as the sp, team russia will have a 7 points advantage over the japanese, and this is definitely doable.
1st place quite unlikely, unless american ladies meltdown.

I am more positive toward our team and would state that Russia's winning over USA although hard is still much more likely than losing to Japan.

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
I am more positive toward our team and would state that Russia's winning over USA although hard is still much more likely than losing to Japan.

I think its possible to win over USA, but not very likely... So i rather expect a 2nd place which is still cool and less disapointment chances hehe

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If only Sergei and Maxim were just slightly better in the SP, it would've been a win. *sigh* They were finally, finally fielding a strong team...

moriel

Record Breaker
If only Sergei and Maxim were just slightly better in the SP, it would've been a win. *sigh* They were finally, finally fielding a strong team...

next year shall be ok too =D
the girls will be around, S/K in pairs, dance will likely be better and mens still the same

Russia can tie for first if Liza and Elena go 1-2 and Miyahara beats either of the American ladies.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Russia can tie for first if Liza and Elena go 1-2 and Miyahara beats either of the American ladies.

That's actually a realistic possibility if you look at the season as a whole and how things ended at Worlds, but I doubt it will play out exactly that way at WTT.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Sergei flopped with a season's best score? :confused: Not to belabor the point, but why do so many people on here constantly lump the "Russian men" together as if they are one person? I see nothing similar about them except their nationality.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
In that case, I take back what I said and fall back to my original predictions... top 3 will be two Russians and Gracie Gold.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Sergei flopped with a season's best score? :confused: Not to belabor the point, but why do so many people on here constantly lump the "Russian men" together as if they are one person? I see nothing similar about them except their nationality.

This is WTT, everyone is getting SB scores.

I would imagine I am lumping the Russians together because this is a team event and a team Russia thread, not an individual skater's event.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
In the case of the LP, I agree. The men didn't flop, especially Sergei (Kovtun made more errors but I wouldn't call it a flop). The SP placements did them in though. As did K/S's placements in pairs (I love them, but it's the truth).

At this rate, Russia has more of a chance to lose to Japan than they do of winning against the US. :hopelessness: I just hope for good skates from the girls, nevermind the team standings.

gmyers

Record Breaker

Because aside from jumps it doesn't seem like they focus on excelling in any other area. But why they get bad pcs is for two totally different reasons. Kovtun has no choreo or programs and being generous and not repeating slurs i will say voronov is exhibitiony far far too much.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Better than I expected going into today's events! 1 point out of first place! I blame Pairs, although looking at the overall scoring across disciplines, the men were the weakest link.