Team Canada Fan Page | Golden Skate

Team Canada Fan Page

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON, Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD, Nam NGUYEN I think are required to go. On the women not sure who is required but it almost certainly will be Alaine CHARTRAND and Gabrielle DALEMAN. That leaves the second man as the only real question. J10 was second at nationals and at worlds but was 22nd. Liam Firus was third, Roman Sadovsky was fourth, Keegan Messing was fifth and Elladj Baldé was 6th. Elladj is actually their second highest competing on world standings and grand prix. So probably J10, but who knows.

cjmorton29

Rinkside
Well Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON, Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD, Nam NGUYEN I think are required to go. On the women not sure who is required but it almost certainly will be Alaine CHARTRAND and Gabrielle DALEMAN. That leaves the second man as the only real question. J10 was second at nationals and at worlds but was 22nd. Liam Firus was third, Roman Sadovsky was fourth, Keegan Messing was fifth and Elladj Baldé was 6th. Elladj is actually their second highest competing on world standings and grand prix. So probably J10, but who knows.

And by Papadakis/ Cizeron, I'm assuming you mean Weaver/ Poje? :)

In the past Canada hasn't always sent the top entries... although it was mainly just Virtue/ Moir in 2013, and that was before an Olympic season.... In terms of men, I would REALLY love to see Elladj Balde get the nod. He had such an unfortunate Nationals, and really deserves another competition. Regardless, I hope he can come out fighting next season. And I also wouldn't be surprised to see a different lady (likely Mallet) sent, considering Gabby's poor worlds, and perhaps an injury(?), but there is a chance that she would not ant to compete, and they likely would understand.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
And by Papadakis/ Cizeron, I'm assuming you mean Weaver/ Poje? :)

Yes, i mostly just wanted to get the spellings right so resigned myself to coping and pasting and forgot to, well, pay attention.

And I would love Elladj to go, half the reason i made the post.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Since Shanghai, Jeremy Ten has tweeted at least twice to the effect that he is going to WTT.

I think it is a case (similar to USFS) of Skate Canada not making an official announcement yet although it has informed skaters of their assignments.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am happy for J10 sad for Firius but I J 10 earned his spot though he has not skated well neither has Firius. Both are kind of cheap or second tier versions of Buttle - not quite the magic or skating skills or jumps. I was hoping to see J10 maybe een get top ten but he barely made he finals. So sad. He would have to skate clean because he doesn't have the skills of Buttle. IMHO if he were more consistent with the jumps he should be treated like Brown though Brown has the magic it factor with judges and the US backing it seems so he gets the benefit of he doubt. j ten has a wonderful joy, a nice lilt and smoothness when he is on. That's life. Happy for Jeremy he went to world's and hopefully he can move on happy with the memories of going to worlds and WTT. Sadly he probably won't be remembered by most other than us diehards and his family and friends but I always thought he had huge potential. Liam is younger and maybe he will make his mark on the world. I don't think we will see J ten back for a miracle return. If chan returns and Nam gets stronger and Reynolds comes back fighting forget about Liam or Balde or Roman or anyone else J ten knows his days are numbered.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
at this point, even reynolds days are numbered.... chan and nam seem like it's the deal for the next while... hopefully they get to qualify 3 men for canada but canada's #3 isn't the greatest spot to be in for sure. I agree with your comments about the wonderful flow J10 gets when he is on... I simply wish him the best so he can retire happy and satisfied. I think he approached the nationals with retirement in mind and surprisingly qualified... so all of this is bonus.
http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-15_team-can.htm Entries for Canada

Team Captain: Meagan DUHAMEL

Nam NGUYEN
Jeremy TEN
Alaine CHARTRAND
Gabrielle DALEMAN
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE

I am happy for J10 sad for Firius but I J 10 earned his spot though he has not skated well neither has Firius. Both are kind of cheap or second tier versions of Buttle - not quite the magic or skating skills or jumps. I was hoping to see J10 maybe een get top ten but he barely made he finals. So sad. He would have to skate clean because he doesn't have the skills of Buttle. IMHO if he were more consistent with the jumps he should be treated like Brown though Brown has the magic it factor with judges and the US backing it seems so he gets the benefit of he doubt. j ten has a wonderful joy, a nice lilt and smoothness when he is on. That's life. Happy for Jeremy he went to world's and hopefully he can move on happy with the memories of going to worlds and WTT. Sadly he probably won't be remembered by most other than us diehards and his family and friends but I always thought he had huge potential. Liam is younger and maybe he will make his mark on the world. I don't think we will see J ten back for a miracle return. If chan returns and Nam gets stronger and Reynolds comes back fighting forget about Liam or Balde or Roman or anyone else J ten knows his days are numbered.

Sackie

Medalist
Any word on Daleman and how her knee is now? Hope she can skate better here then at worlds. Another chance for Chartrand to improve her ranking with a good free skate here. But given the entries here it is not looking good for good placements for either Can Lady unless others have big errors and the judges mark them fairly. Which I don't count on happening.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Also the odds are both Wagner and Gold will skate well as both messed up their shorts at worlds They need to hope they can beat one of the Americans realistically and maybe a Japanese, the Chinese and French ladies. It is possible or doable.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Eric Radford ‏@Rad85E
A big thank you to the staff at keio university hospital for getting me through that horrible food poisoning! #fantastic #arigato #WTT2015
9:57 AM - 15 Apr 2015
https://twitter.com/Rad85E/status/588385606142537728

No wonder Eric missed the opening reception :eek:hwell:, per Jeremy Ten's photo:
j3r3bear
#TeamCanada at the opening reception for #WTT2015!!! (Missing Eric) #TeamSpirit #RedAndWhite #MapleLeaf #Tokyo
https://instagram.com/p/1fvmbsKBGY/ (Apr 15)​

Hope that Eric is feeling back to normal.
And I hope that it is a small consolation for him that Team Canada so far is way ahead in the goofy-hats war ;).
Even Voronov and Kovtun defected ;) to Team Canada, at least for this photo op:

Last edited: