Team Canada Fan Page | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Team Canada Fan Page

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Meaghan brought Eric breakfast in bed :).

(StitchMonkey, I hope that you are reading this post, LOL ;). But I think Meaghan's behavior is a special case this time b/c Eric had food poisoning.)

My whole point was she does what needs to be done to make the team run smoothly - this is a great example. Plus the better he does the more money she gets. ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:cheer: Weaver/Poje first after the SD! And it seems like there's a rule change for WTT: they get points for the SD win, regardless of what happens in the FD (of course, I hope they win that too. Not much a lead, so they'll need to be perfect.)

I can't believe it, but they've made me feel slightly for the first time all season. :laugh: Go Team Canada!

IleK

On the Ice
So happy for Kaitlyn and Andrew! I hope they win this time. They have a beautiful FD but so do the frenchies. We will see, I like both couples anyways but I have a soft spot for the canadians since I saw them for the first time.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Canada is currently in 4th place...en quatrieme place!

Their singles skaters need to push it more.
The WTT is advantageous to nations with strong singles skaters.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Canada is currently in 4th place...en quatrieme place!

Their singles skaters need to push it more.
The WTT is advantageous to nations with strong singles skaters.
We're probably going to stay in fourth place. WTT just doesn't favour countries with strong dance/pairs but weak singles (since when did Canada become the new Russia? :laugh:) Maybe if Japan has a few mishaps, there'll be a medal...

beabstress

On the Ice
We're probably going to stay in fourth place. WTT just doesn't favour countries with strong dance/pairs but weak singles

The event organizers could even that out by awarding points to the pairs and dance teams after each segment of competition (the way it is now), but awarding points to the singles skaters for the combined point total only.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
totally.. or by counting only the best single skater per country… it still would advantage teams like japan for instance but for with this adjustment, it would be much fairer… here's an example:

SINGLES MALES FREE SKATES
Points like they are now

Japan 22
USA 16
RUSSIA 15
Canada 10
China 12
France 3

Points with only top single skater would still factor the fact that we do indeed have two skaters participating but not doubly penalize teams:

Japan 12
USA 11
Russia 8
Canada 6
China 9
France 2

Here Japan has 6 points ahead of Canada for instance, instead of 12… and that's only with FS… if we add to this the SP, then it's an even bigger lead. I think it would also be better to calculate the ordinals of the global result… This is so 6.0 style :) Anyways, there are a lot of options to make this WTT fairer and more interesting… I hope ISU will take note of all the possible suggestions available… What should be encouraged is OVERALL excellence…
The event organizers could even that out by awarding points to the pairs and dance teams after each segment of competition (the way it is now), but awarding points to the singles skaters for the combined point total only.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Japan's paying the bills. Thus, Japan influences the format.

The point of the Olympic Team Event is to develop "overall excellence." The point of WTT is fun, games, and $$$. And really, there's nothing wrong with fun, games, and $$$. It just didn't work in Canada's favour this year.

beabstress

On the Ice
Japan's paying the bills. Thus, Japan influences the format.

The point of the Olympic Team Event is to develop "overall excellence." The point of WTT is fun, games, and $$$. And really, there's nothing wrong with fun, games, and $$$. It just didn't work in Canada's favour this year.

I didn't say that the organizers SHOULD change the format. I only mentioned one way that the organizers COULD change the format. I personally have no problem with the way the event is set up. It looks fun!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, so much for fighting for bronze. A few more mishaps, and we could've lost fourth place to Team China. :hopelessness: Really happy for Team China, but our girls really need to step it up. Hopefully Alaine could work on her technique and rotations over the summer, and Gabby can avoid injuries.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Sandpiper I think Canada's hope still lies with that Kaetlyn Osmand girl anyways before these ones. AndI guess they can do what they want to run the event but it affects its legitimacy when you compare it to the Olympics team event and its format and it is odd there is more money I think for wTT than worlds so ironically Max Aaron is way ahead in the case of Rippon. Really not a lot for Canada to cheer about.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well in a year, though there is no WTT things could easily change if Nguyen keeps developing along with Chartrand and then Chan and Osmond return and in form. I hear you Sandpiper about the idea of WTT as fun, money and all but maybe they should just all it by the sponsor name. It really is a cheesefest in some ways, I mean I like seeing the personalities but this is not helping the legitimacy of skating with puppets, homemade signs and moosehats :)

kresslia

Medalist
we'll be able to do a lot better next time. i'll be shocked if nam hasn't progressed a hell of a lot more by the next wtt + pchiddy + kaetlyn will be back.

Celine

On the Ice
REALLY looking forward to PChiddy v. Nam. Will be interesting to see how Orser guides the strategy for Nam in this context. Loving the opportunity for rivalry and more 1-2 punch depth from the Men in Canada