Team France Fan Page | Golden Skate

Team France Fan Page

IleK

On the Ice
So who's coming? I see Florent, Chafik and Romain. Natalie is also there. And who is the second girl besides Mae?

Florencito

Medalist
That's a pic from the rehearsals for the tour French skaters do during summer.

The third girl is Vanessa James. She and her partner, hottie Morgan Cipres, will be France entry in pairs. PC obviously in for ice dance. Meite and Amodio are shoo-in too. The last two member of the team will depend on Gailhaguet's mood the day of the announcement. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Since TF is doing ice shows up until they go to Japan (and more when they get back) I wonder what kind of shape they will be in...probably exhausted!

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, dear... that's a depressing, but realistic, thought...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
They could be spoilers especially for Team Canada as their ladies, men and of course dance could really play havoc especially for Canada with their rankings in individual skating if Canada hopes to get on the podium. It will probably be hard for Team France to win a medal against Russia, USA and Japan and Canada has a shot too (though they seem the most vulnerable individual and if Weaver and Poje can't beat Chock and Bates and or P and C at least in one or both segments it will make it tough for them against Japan with their individual skaters. I think they will have a lot of fun though without a lot of pressure other than P and C might feel heat from C and B and W and P.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Go Team France and Go Mae! :cheer: I am looking forward to Team France's antics in the K&C. In the past
they were hilarious.

Catlau

On the Ice
Since TF is doing ice shows up until they go to Japan (and more when they get back) I wonder what kind of shape they will be in...probably exhausted!

They are using ice shows for training. But it is not optimal, and they are looking tired and sometimes devolved.
Moreover, and not to be frightening, Maé has got a little knee injury :confused:. I hope she will have healed next week.

The point is that teams and competitors selected for WTT have to go to WTT, or they can be santioned by ISU - see page 4 of the document http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/188306/wtt2015_announcement_final.pdf .
And the chosen time for WTT is not ideal : competitors have put all their forces in the world championship, are exhausted after competing all season and need some rest before training for the next season (and some time to perform ice shows).
As WTT are not useful for competitors careers (they are just usefull to extend the competition seasons), ISU has made rules to force them to participate. But this one more competition could be dangerous for competitors health.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, hopefully the generous monetary compensation (even the 6th place team gets an ok amount) offsets the exhaustion and burnout somewhat. It's true that skaters could get injured there (look at poor Konstantin Menshov 2 years ago!), but they can also get injured doing regular training.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing the video! The video sums up pretty well for describing both the event and the team's character. The French team was full of energy and fun. :laugh: I miss Brian.

:cry:

I've been thinking that all along... especially since he is doing the Team France show tour with the others...

alebi

Medalist
Thanks for sharing the video! The video sums up pretty well for describing both the event and the team's character. The French team was full of energy and fun. :laugh: I miss Brian.

I suspect it was Natalie the crazy mind behind the scenes :biggrin:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Finally I've watched Pairs free skates at Shanghai Worlds on J-Sports today, and Morgan's answer at the right after performance interview by J-sports made my day!

J-spo: "Now your season is over with this great free skate, I guess?"
Morgan: "No, actually. We have another one, which is World Team Trophy. I love love to compete at WTT in Japan! I am very happy we've qualified to advance there. I will train hard again and keep my condition as best I can, so that we can perform greatly again there."

:laugh: Such a sweet boy! Since no Daisuke, no Brian competing anymore;;;;, and not Shoma yet, I haven't decided which skater to root for the best at WTT tbh. But with this answer, I should cheer for Vanessa & Morgan the best I think. ;)

This is one of my great memories from the past WTTs that I attended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLrlrLszww

Last edited: