Team China Fan Page | Golden Skate

Team China Fan Page

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Just curious, why did the WTT fan threads suddenly become darker than the other posts in GS?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am glad we will get to see S/H programs again!!!!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Is Boyang Jin too young for WTT?

Also I'm so excited to see S/H's SP again!!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I was selfishly hoping for P/Z (to give them one last chance of skating that LP clean) and Boyang (for better placements), but it's not a big deal either way. Good luck to Team China.

As a vertically challenged person myself, I am very happy to see Han Cong, shortest male pairs skater ever, as team captain. :biggrin:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Feel bad China has to send Ziquan Zhao as the second lady single. I checked some of her recent videos and it was painful to watch.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Feel bad China has to send Ziquan Zhao as the second lady single. I checked some of her recent videos and it was painful to watch.

I sometimes wonder how come China with the history of having produced A-level skaters in pairs and also a World champion in ladies long ago is drought in ladies except Zijun.

sherryLfs0928

Spectator
there is no other lady single exceeding Ziquan Zhao. It's the fact. Long time ago, Dan Zhang is a pairs lady with 2A3T, but she left the ice.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Chinese coaches overall should really focus on skating skills first. For Ziquan Zhao, it is the overall skating quality that bothers me. It was better when she was smaller and younger. I am a little shocked to see that she has zero improvement in her SS, posture, speed, artistry over the years but with declining jumping quality. Chinese pair skaters also tend to have better skating skills.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Chinese coaches overall should really focus on skating skills first. For Ziquan Zhao, it is the overall skating quality that bothers me. It was better when she was smaller and younger. I am a little shocked to see that she has zero improvement in her SS, posture, speed, artistry over the years but with declining jumping quality. Chinese pair skaters also tend to have better skating skills.
I agree. I looked up some videos; the jumps aren't terrible, per se (though the technique is questionable), and she has decently flexible spins. But she looks very laboured on the ice. I'm not extremely fussy about SS, speed, or edges (I can root for obscure European ladies with slooow StSqs :laugh:), but there has to be some minimum standard. :slink:

Chinese pairs--from S/Z down to S/H and P/Z these days--tend to be fast skaters, with good flow. Han Yan has great SS. Zijun is a little slow, but she still flows well across the ice and has solid control and extension. I don't know why there's such a void beyond the top skaters.

IleK

On the Ice
I have a soft spot for Han Yan and I still wait for him to skate 2 clean programs back to back. He is so... not chinese:)) in both the good way (very, very artistic and interesting) and the bad way (losing concentration). I really hoped he would sneak on the world podium this year. Go Han Yan and Sui&Han!