2015 World Team Trophy Mens SP Apr 16 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Mens SP Apr 16

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Men's Short Program at the 2015 World Team Trophy will take place at 18:40 Tokyo time. (GMT +9)

Icenetwork broadcast time
4/16/2015 5:40am Eastern Daylight Time Men's Short Program

Live Results
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wtt2015/SEG001.HTM

Protocols will be here
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wtt2015/wtt2015_Men_SP_M_Scores.pdf

STARTING ORDER

NameNationWorld Stdg
WARMUP GROUP 1
1Romain PONSART
Nessun Dorma (from "Turandot") by Giacomo Puccini performed by Luciano Pavarotti
FRA96
2Jeremy TEN
Dance For Me Wallis (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski
CAN49
3Nan SONG
Night Train
CHN36
4Florent AMODIO
Le Concert (soundtrack) by Armand Amard
FRA24
5Nam NGUYEN
Sinnerman performed by Nina Simone
CAN19
6Han YAN
If I Were a Rich Man by Back Harnick
CHN14
WARMUP GROUP 2
7Max AARON
Nessun Dorma (from "Turandot") by Giacomo Puccini, performed by Luciano Pavarotti
USA11
8Jason BROWN
Juke by Little Walter
USA9
9Takahito MURA
Carmen by Georges Bizet
JPN8
10Maxim KOVTUN
Bolero by Maurice Ravel
RUS7
11Sergei VORONOV
Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens
RUS4
12Yuzuru HANYU
Ballade No. 1 op. 23 in G minor by Frederic Chopin
JPN1

Entries

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Great :party2:

Hope everyone skate their bests, and Yuzu will have his two clean programs if he will be in shape :dance:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Thanks for the thread, Doris :). Very exciting that WTT is coming up soon.

For anyone wondering:
The starting order in the Short Program or Short Dance segment will be the reverse order of the ISU World Standing placements -- per p. 10 of the WTT announcement.
http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/188306/wtt2015_announcement_final.pdf

That could be part of why Max is going over Adam.

If I am reading this correct and not missing anything it looks like that means that Max will skate first in the last group. Adam would skate last in the first group, and Han Yan would skate first in the last group. Strategically, that may have influenced the decision, and may very well be the right choice strategically.

slider11

Medalist
Any explanation why Adam was replaced with Max Aaron for the US? I like Max but Adam was practically US mens champion if it hadn't been for a costly spin error in the SP. I can appreciate giving different skaters a chance but I would have loved to have seen Adam's programs again.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Any explanation why Adam was replaced with Max Aaron for the US? I like Max but Adam was practically US mens champion if it hadn't been for a costly spin error in the SP. I can appreciate giving different skaters a chance but I would have loved to have seen Adam's programs again.

Because Max is the second-highest ranked US man. And he was the pewter medallist at Nationals, so why shouldn't he get something?

Excellent, I'm only one hour ahead of Tokyo time!

andromache

Record Breaker
Looking at the entries list, and I have no idea what to do with my predictions for the men's event. :drama: So many top skaters were hit-or-miss at Worlds but it would be silly to count them out here! Fingers crossed for redemption skates for all! (And that the men who skated well at Worlds skate equally well here, of course :)). Not that my good wishes will help me any with predicting possible results.

Is it April 16th yet? :p

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm glad Yuzuru is last, so nobody has to wait 10 minutes for the sea of Poohs to be collected before they can skate!

Rissa

Record Breaker
I'm glad Yuzuru is last, so nobody has to wait 10 minutes for the sea of Poohs to be collected before they can skate!

Perhaps they should make it a rule. :laugh: "Due to practical and organizatonal concerns, Yuzuru Hanyu will not take part in the drawing but will skate last. (Sorry Yuzu, that's the price of popularity.)"

Looking at the entries list, and I have no idea what to do with my predictions for the men's event. :drama: So many top skaters were hit-or-miss at Worlds but it would be silly to count them out here! Fingers crossed for redemption skates for all! (And that the men who skated well at Worlds skate equally well here, of course :)). Not that my good wishes will help me any with predicting possible results.

Is it April 16th yet? :p

Well, the Gold pretty much a sure thing, Yuzuru would have to crack his skull again not to win this, but the rest of the guys is like tossing a dice. Jason, Aaron, Nam, Maxim, Sergei, Takahito, Han all could get on the podium depending on how good a day they will have. And actually, I'm thinking most of them will have a good day because of the low pressure of the event.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Perhaps they should make it a rule. :laugh: "Due to practical and organizatonal concerns, Yuzuru Hanyu will not take part in the drawing but will skate last. (Sorry Yuzu, that's the price of popularity.)"

Well, the Gold pretty much a sure thing, Yuzuru would have to crack his skull again not to win this, but the rest of the guys is like tossing a dice. Jason, Aaron, Nam, Maxim, Sergei, Takahito, Han all could get on the podium depending on how good a day they will have. And actually, I'm thinking most of them will have a good day because of the low pressure of the event.

I wonder if the guys who went to Worlds will have enough recovery time. If not, that could really shake things up.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hey Doris, I just realised you have the wrong program information for Max :p

I know he has new ones, but at Nationals he changed the version of Footloose :no:

Quite excited. Looking at this lineup, Max has a pretty good chance of a medal.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hey Doris, I just realised you have the wrong program information for Max :p

I know he has new ones, but at Nationals he changed the version of Footloose :no:

Quite excited. Looking at this lineup, Max has a pretty good chance of a medal.

Doris, adding to karne's post:

Max's SP in Greensboro was the first time he skated to Blake Shelton's cover of Footloose.
Up until then, Max had been skating to the original Kenny Loggins.​

But I guess now we stayed tuned for the next Tom Z tweet ;) ... in case he reveals Max's new SP and FS music before they leave for WTT.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But I guess now we stayed tuned for the next Tom Z tweet ;) ... in case he reveals Max's new SP and FS music before they leave for WTT.

Gosh darn it, I'm going to have to follow Tom Z on twitter, aren't I?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
deleted -- NewbieS :) posted the same news in another WTT thread.

Last edited: