2015 World Team Trophy Ladies SP Apr 16 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Ladies SP Apr 16

Krislite

Medalist
In an inconsequential competition Gracie makes a clean SP. Of course. Just where it doesn't count. *Sigh*

yyyskate

Record Breaker
There are unbiased posters here? ;) What other requirements are there to be free from bias, other than the necessity to love Gracie Gold's program?
Come on, did I command anyone to love Gracie's program (and dub that as "unbiased fans" standard, how did you deduct this?!). I just point out that Gracie indeed had a great performance on this day. and the unbiased posters (I mean) are those apparently not Gracie fans (according to their posts on this forums), all expressed their appreciation for Gracie THIS TIME. Haters are people, no matter what skaters do, regardless their actual performance, will say they feel nothing.
I mean, if you really feels nothing, that's totally fine. but if it is based on your bias or the so-call "off-ice personality" or jealousy, or your fav got beaten fair and square by Gracie;) or whatever reason, then it is your loss.
Gracie had an amazing performance, that's it, which cannot be taken away with by a couple of "i feel nothing" posts from haters.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Since you are quoting me in your response, I assume I am being lumped in as a 'hater'. The "I feel nothing" posts must be attributed to someone else, as I never said anything along those lines. Gracie had a great skate, but I still do not love the programs -- and I stated that I am looking forward to what she brings next year.

If you want to hang your hat on Gracie's continued inconsistency this season, and only coming through in the SP... be my guest. This "amazing performance" did not even get the highest TES score or PCS marks, yet this fraction of a point difference in the SP is one skater's huge disappointment while being another's 'amazing performance'... interesting juxtaposition. And while this is still 'only' WTT with a select lineup of skaters, the overall combined individual scores continue the trend we've seen all season. Gracie still has a lot of work to do if she wants to land on the podium at major international events, and still gives no indication she is a threat for anything but a bronze position (at best) at Worlds 2016.

But yes, we are still a year (and a full season) away from that, and anything could happen in that time...

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
honestly, I think Gracie's SP here at WTT is really good, besides speed and big jumps, it has everything that music demands. as many unbiased posters have discovered as well. I especially love the first half, the softer piano part. her interpretation is perfect. and I think she really loves it and it shows, she said in her interview that this SP is her fav. I think perhaps, Gracie next season can do a pure piano piece, like the first half, the kinda piano music she really loves and relates to, perhaps, she will surprise every one.
she has great extension, refinement, precision and form in her movement quality and that suit the undertone of Piano perfectly.
and her light skating skills suits piano as well.

There are unbiased posters here? ;) What other requirements are there to be free from bias, other than the necessity to love Gracie Gold's program?

Come on, did I command anyone to love Gracie's program (and dub that as "unbiased fans" standard, how did you deduct this?!). I just point out that Gracie indeed had a great performance on this day. and the unbiased posters (I mean) are those apparently not Gracie fans (according to their posts on this forums), all expressed their appreciation for Gracie THIS TIME. Haters are people, no matter what skaters do, regardless their actual performance, will say they feel nothing.
I mean, if you really feels nothing, that's totally fine. but if it is based on your bias or the so-call "off-ice personality" or jealousy, or your fav got beaten fair and square by Gracie;) or whatever reason, then it is your loss.
Gracie had an amazing performance, that's it, which cannot be taken away with by a couple of "i feel nothing" posts from haters.

Since you are quoting me in your response, I assume I am being lumped in as a 'hater'. The "I feel nothing" posts must be attributed to someone else, as I never said anything along those lines. Gracie had a great skate, but I still do not love the programs -- and I stated that I am looking forward to what she brings next year.

If you want to hang your hat on Gracie's continued inconsistency this season, and only coming through in the SP... be my guest. This "amazing performance" did not even get the highest TES score or PCS marks, yet this fraction of a point difference in the SP is one skater's huge disappointment while being another's 'amazing performance'... interesting juxtaposition. And while this is still 'only' WTT with a select lineup of skaters, the overall combined individual scores continue the trend we've seen all season. Gracie still has a lot of work to do if she wants to land on the podium at major international events, and still gives no indication she is a threat for anything but a bronze position (at best) at Worlds 2016.

But yes, we are still a year (and a full season) away from that, and anything could happen in that time...

Wow, these comments made my head spin. I read yyyskater's initial comment as being that if one could look past any possible tendency to assume Gracie is nonmusical/non artistic/not into this program/whatever, one might find her skating goes well with this piano music, and might with some other piano music as well. The "unbiased" word implied to me simply -- don't overlook this quality esp if you tend not to like her skating???

Maybe I'm off but this was an introductory phrase, the point of the post was the match of the skater to the music. yyy, I don't mean to speak for you, but the turn this conversation took gave me whiplash. I don't think this was some big call to love Gracie or else be deemed biased, it was just an intro clause to the point about the piano music -- just making a comment about the music and the suitability of the program maybe being better match for Gracie than a lot of people think???

Where's a dizzy/head spinning emoticon ... ok how about a head scratcher -- :scratch:

I don't think anyone was being personally impugned in any way, in other words. Peace out. Let's enjoy the gala! :)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Wow, these comments made my head spin. I read yyyskater's initial comment as being that if one could look past any possible tendency to assume Gracie is nonmusical/non artistic/not into this program/whatever, one might find her skating goes well with this piano music, and might with some other piano music as well. The "unbiased" word implied to me simply -- don't overlook this quality esp if you tend not to like her skating???

I like Gracie's skating, I don't like her programs or the music that was picked this year. There's nothing to "overlook"... I don't care for it.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Sabinfire. my interest is never at PCS (especially the way PCS was given out these days, and mind you many people think that Gracie deserves the highest PCS in this particular SP comp) nor do I care about if she will podium or not. Also I am aware that she is not consistent. and not sure whether will she be consistent in the future or not and seriously I do not care.(I never left any comments about her consistency on this forum).
all I cared is that Gracie had a wonderful SP. one that attracted me to go back and watched quite a few times. that really means something. I care about her IMPROVEMENT!! exspecially artistically! and my reply is to some poster who said they only saw "big jumps and speed and nothing else in her"in this particular performance, oh well, are they really "see nothing", or they turned on a blind eye because of their bias. what do I know?
about you, I don't think I directly quote from you, the "feel nothing" sentence is not a direct quote from anyone. just a summarization of the opinion toward Gracie I mentioned above. You, I respect a lot, because you uploaded many precious videos for this forums.Thank you very much for that. but recently, honestly some of your comments bugged me a lot (not about Gracie, and I have never argued with you because of my respect towards you until perhaps this time). I wish you can embrace figure skating as art & sport more than anything else...... but what do I know. I hope I clarified everything.

and thanks rallycairn!

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
all I cared is that Gracie had a wonderful SP. one that attracted me to go back and watched quite a few times. that really means something. I care about her IMPROVEMENT!! exspecially artistically! and my reply is to some poster who said they only saw "big jumps and speed and nothing else in her"in this particular performance, oh well, are they really "see nothing", or they turned on a blind eye because of their bias. what do I know?

I've watched Gracie's SP quite a few times too, mostly because it's easy to get caught up in the aesthetic of when a skater has a great performance, the joy on their face, the audience reaction, and especially the team spirit shown at this event. These are incredible moments in figure skating, even if this is only WTT...

I wish you can embrace figure skating as art & sport more than anything else...... but what do I know. I hope I clarified everything.

To some extent, yes... but I have sent you a PM to address another point I am still unclear about. :)