Blue dress w/ gold and red details

3T+3T
FCSp
CCoSp3p
3Lo - ok, maybe <
2A - fall, maybe <
StSq
LSp

Fall on 2A, but it could've been worse. Really slow through her skate, though, and needed more attack.

SP: 23.87+22.05-1.00 = 44.92, 1st (out of 1)

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Darn it, she was doing well until the big crash.

Still better than what I was expecting, with the videos I saw... She seems to have improved the speed/flow a little bit?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
So I was listening to the introduction of the judges and kept hearing 'miss' for "Ms."... is this because of the non-native speaker or is this what it usually sounds like when it isn't stressed in particular (kinda like "the advantage" vs "the advantage")?
Sorry for being OT!

Miss is pronounced how it looks and is an unmarried woman, implied to be young. Or, in the southern American states, an honorific for ANY woman older than you. Ms. is pronounced mizz, and is the more...I guess professional version of miss, without the age/marriage implication.

better job of explaining it here http://www.diffen.com/difference/Miss_vs_Ms

Last edited:

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Ziquan ZHAO (CHN)

Music: Bahrein by Princess of Violin

Blue dress w/ gold and red details

3T+3T
FCSp
CCoSp3p
3Lo
2A - fall
StSq
LSp

Fall on 2A, but it could've been worse. Really slow through her skate, though, and needed more attack.

Thanks for your PBP!

GraceMacLaine

Rinkside
Zhao is like a preview of next season, when I'm sure many ladies will try and imitate Liza with the Middle Eastern music and arms but perhaps not the personality and charisma.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not bad from Ziquan (apart from the obvious!)

A thing I noticed when I was making out my predictions. Ziquan doesn't have any points from this season, and so isn't in the World Ranking list.

So, does anybody know why? Was she injured? Or just not selected for anything?

Ah, I see the Chinese girls have got the ears (and horns, in the case of Ziquan there now!) this time out!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Laurine LECAVELIER (FRA)

Music: Carmen by Lana del Rey

Two-tone purple dress, sparkly straps

3Lz+2T - scratchy, hangs on
3F - e
FCSp
CCoSp3p
2A
LSp
StSq

Solid skate, she smiles

SP: 28.58+24.26 = 52.84 (PB), 1st (out of 2)

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Laurine certainly skates quite fast. But she's so wild and uncontrolled that it makes me nervous. :slink: Like things could go off the rails at any second (thankfully they didn't).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach! Why isn't Fabian dressed silly too?! :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Laurine certainly skates quite fast. But she's so wild and uncontrolled that it makes me nervous. :slink: Like things could go off the rails at any second (thankfully they didn't).

Wild and uncontrolled? I thought she could have gone a bit smoother and with better flow, but she appeared to be in control all the time.