2015 World Team Trophy Free Dance Apr 17 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Free Dance Apr 17

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
but I'm curious about Kaitlyn and Andrew next move regarding FD for next season...
Me too. They need to do something that showcases their chemistry again, but they can't do an FD too similar to 'Je suis malade' or to their tango FD. Maybe they can try something light and fun, but it doesn't seem like a winning choice, also with light and fun it could be difficult to steer away from the retro style that they have done in the previous two SDs.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As you know, I am not from North America. Hence, I have been brought up to use the term "Autumn" in preference to "Fall".

But, when the Canadians were holding up signs for each of the four seasons, I really did not like seeing Meagan holding up a piece of paper that said "Fall".

To me, with Meagan and Eric still to do their Free Skate tomorrow, that is just tempting fate. It could be a bad omen for them. :eek:

We have been talking about Voodoo all season. So, it is very uneasy seeing somebody potentially doing Voodoo on themselves! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Me too. They need to do something that showcases their chemistry again, but they can't do an FD too similar to 'Je suis malade' or to their tango FD. Maybe they can try something light and fun, but it doesn't seem like a winning choice, also with light and fun it could be difficult to steer away from the retro style that they have done in the previous two SDs.

I still picture something dramatic for them. Maybe something operatic like Madame Butterfly. As long as it's not Carmen or POTO, I'll be happy. :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Aww. There goes Team Canada's chances for a medal. Ah well, W/P skated really well and still have much to be proud of. :dance:

It's looking that way. We'll gain hopefully 5 points over Japan in pairs, but will almost certainly lose them in singles, unless Mura(kami) bombs and the Canadians light it up.

LisaM

Medalist
As you know, I am not from North America. Hence, I have been brought up to use the term "Autumn" in preference to "Fall".

But, when the Canadians were holding up signs for each of the four seasons, I really did not like seeing Meagan holding up a piece of paper that said "Fall".

To me, with Meagan and Eric still to do their Free Skate tomorrow, that is just tempting fate. It could be a bad omen for them. :eek:

We have been talking about Voodoo all season. So, it is very uneasy seeing somebody potentially doing Voodoo on themselves! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

I saw the note but then I hadn't seen the other seasons yet and I didn't link it to W/P's music choice yet... I was like, what???? Haha

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

I agree - I've thought about something contemporary and modern for them (for both choreography and music choice), maybe some piece/medley from DeVotchka or Red Box bands? Personally, I'd love to see some couple do FD to "Undone" song by DeVotchka...

Last edited:

zebobes

Final Flight
It is interesting to note that with W/P lead from the short program, they would have actually won the overall competition if the segments were added together. Good for them! And we will see if P/C can improve their technical scores in the SD next year.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Um.. so if we add SD and FD scores together like a regular competition... Weaver/Poje won it, Papadakis/Cizeron 2nd and Chock/Bates 3rd?

WTT scoring is quite interesting - points for position, in both short and free performances (rather than one set of points for overall/combined placement)

Caustica

Final Flight
Um.. so if we add SD and FD scores together like a regular competition... Weaver/Poje won it, Papadakis/Cizeron 2nd and Chock/Bates 3rd?

WTT scoring is quite interesting - points for position, in both short and free performances (rather than one set of points for overall/combined placement)

I believe this is the first year they've scored it this way actually. If you look at past results websites they added up the overall placements instead of the individual ones.

TMC

Record Breaker
So if P/C had done level 4 step sequences instead of both level 3s, would that have meant a new WR?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker

D/L & Romain need too look at this as a wake-up call that they're going to need a strong SP for next season. It was severely lacking this year when compared to their FS.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
There are definitely some massive inconsistencies going on there for basically all couples. And the +3 for those twizzles are just NO.

It's almost shameful when you compare them to Davis/White's. I guess popular couple + staying on one's feet = +3

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
It's almost shameful when you compare them to Davis/White's. I guess popular couple + staying on one's feet = +3

So weird. And even with Virtue/Moir... this was 3 points below their personal best.

I loooooove this FD by P/C and agree that it should have won, but this should be nowhere near those two teams' scores.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
D/L & Romain need too look at this as a wake-up call that they're going to need a strong SP for next season. It was severely lacking this year when compared to their FS.

actually, this would be very interesting to see how they'll tackle that waltz, because I feel this is not their cup of tea at all, at least taking it traditionally (Masquerade Waltz or some other classical theme...)

TMC

Record Breaker
actually, this would be very interesting to see how they'll tackle that waltz, because I feel this is not their cup of tea at all, at least taking it traditionally (Masquerade Waltz or some other classical theme...)

Funny - I think the waltz is perfect for them; much more suited to their "soft" style than paso!