2015 World Team Trophy Pairs FS Apr 18 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Pairs FS Apr 18

I actually don't care about anyone winning or losing in Pairs, other than holding out hope for Russia to score more points than USA here. D/R was entirely irrelevant to that.

True. The American pairs team turned out to be the heroes of the competition. By moving up one place they caused a two-point swing which delivered the gold medal to the U.S. by one point.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
True. The American pairs team turned out to be the heroes of the competition. By moving up one place they caused a two-point swing which delivered the gold medal to the U.S. by one point.

Indeed. Jason's 2nd place in the FS also helped.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Indeed. Jason's 2nd place in the FS also helped.

BTW, excerpt from the official quotes (someone apparently asked Evan a question point blank):

Evan Bates (team captain)

(on team MVP) It was obviously a team effort but if I had to pick. Our pair team of Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim would be my MVP. Their long program today was phenomenal and I think their performance made the difference for us.

Again, I think Evan would have preferred to be inclusive of the whole team (Jason and the others). Was only answering a question.
But nice that Scimeca/Knierim received this acknowledgment :).

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For sure, their program/result today was the most unexpected. They really put it all together.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
S/H has higher PCS than D/R! They also won the combined total score in the pairs event
hopefully this will continuethe next year:cheer:

ugh sad abt K/S
well I'm used to this emotion by now...:no: