2015 World Team Trophy Mens FS Apr 17 | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Mens FS Apr 17

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's the same thing. Doing two double toe jumps vs doing two double loops and doing fusp vs fccsp. Better options abound and they should be done

And how many of the guys do two double loops instead of two double toes? :rolleye: Other than Nguyen and Yan, none of the top 10 guys at Worlds attempted double loops on their combos (Yan singled his)... are you saying they are wrong for not going with these abounding options?

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The thing that confuses me about Kovtun is his layout -- he repeats the 4S, great. But then the other jump he decides to repeat is... the 3S? So basically, he attempts two 4S and one 4T, which is VERY technically ambitious, but then he attempts one 3A, one 3Lz, no 3F (I'm assuming he lips so understandable), no 3Lo, two 3S, one 3T, and then 2 2As. Is he not capable of doing the loop? The fact that he can do two kinds of quads but still does two double axels and not attempting two of the five triples does "throw away" some points, indeed.

Agreed. He's kinda of like Fernandez in his choice of latter jumps. Fernandez probably doesn't repeat a second quad or triple because if he triples one of his 4S or 4T then it becomes a Zayaking issue. Along with the lip, we can also assume that Kovtun's not comfortable doing a 3L. As bad as it is for having two double axels, a clean 2A is worth more than a 3F(e) and a flawed 3L. I wish he would try to get a 3L though because having two double axels somewhat (like, 1.8 points) negates the advantage of having 3 quads and 2 triple axels.