2015 World Team Trophy Ladies FS Apr 18 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Ladies FS Apr 18

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It starts at 12:50 am for us West Coasters, perfect for a weekend! Go American ladies!

wagnerfan

Rinkside
Do they not show "PB" when they give results? I'm pretty sure 71 was a PB for Gracie, but it showed SB. Anyone know why?

wagnerfan

Rinkside
So, who are you guys especially rooting for today?

I'm rooting for Ashley Gold, er no. Gracie Wagner. No, that doesn't sound right either. Oh well, I'll root for both! (Although Ashley slightly more)

I'm rooting for Ashley Wold. :)

wagnerfan

Rinkside
Although it sounds horrible, I'm slightly hoping for the Russians to flop their program so the Americans get can 1-2 today. (Preferably Ashley first and Gracie second. ;) )

nox1

On the Ice
I'm hoping for Elena to skate clean and hopefully improve her ranking

Trewyn

Medalist
So how high to Ashley and Gracie need to place (respective of the Russians) to hold onto the team gold? (I'm really bad at math) Of course I'm hoping for Ashley to rock her Moulin Rouge program and get 1st in the free :love:

Norwayskater

Rinkside
So how high to Ashley and Gracie need to place (respective of the Russians) to hold onto the team gold? (I'm really bad at math) Of course I'm hoping for Ashley to rock her Moulin Rouge program and get 1st in the free :love:

Acccording to my math, which isn't the best either, they can place behind both the Russian and at least one Japanese and it would still be victory for team USA.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ashley and Gracie could finish 3 and 4 and the team would still win Gold, I think. Team USA currently has 93 points, so if A&G went 3 (10 points) and 4 (9 points), they'd have 112 total. If Liza and Elena went 1&2, they would get 12 and 11 points added to their current 86 for a total of 108. However, Team Japan is currently tied with Team Russia and are in the mix too! Anything can happen!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
To win, Russia would need to make up 7 points or more over the US (7 goes into tiebreaker, and my brain is too dead to calculate that). One scenario: Liza and Lena go 1-2, for a combined 23. The total of the American ladies must add up to 16 points or more. A combination of 4th + 5th, or 3rd + 6th, ect. would do it.

...Or, so my math says. It's not my strong suit either. :slink: But basically, Russia's chances are near gone due to the results in men and pairs. Which is sad news for me, but good news to you, I guess. :)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
So, who are you guys especially rooting for today?

I'm rooting for Ashley Gold, er no. Gracie Wagner. No, that doesn't sound right either. Oh well, I'll root for both! (Although Ashley slightly more)

I'm rooting for Ashley Wold. :)

:thumbsup:

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I think USA wins the tiebreaker because even if Tukt wins, highest placements for Russia would be 1 for ladies' long and 3 for pairs short, while USA's would be 1 for ladies' short and 2 for men's' long or dance short.