2015 World Synchro Championships FS April 11 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 World Synchro Championships FS April 11

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
ISU politics would have favored at least one team.who had never been on the podium before to strengthen their push to be included in Olympics.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
good news for synchro is that japan is top 12... and mexico, australia and turkey participated... what IOC looks for when including brand new sports, are sports that have a varied top ten, with varied winners from year to year... . if they accept synchro, only one team per country (and that would be preferable for Synchro's survival at the OG) might be able to go... which would give this more diverse ranking (following this year)

1Canada
2Finland
3Russia
4Sweden
5USA
6Germany
7Japan
8Italy
9France
10 Switzerland...

It's not bad but to be better, it would need a team from China participating, and perhaps a team from Korea or New Zealand or South America, on top of better results from Turkey, Mexico and Australia... Two non European/North American teams in the potential top 10 would be a huge hit. Curling only made it to the games when China, Japan, Korea picked up the sport... and Women's Hockey is barely surviving because the top 4 countries are always Canada, USA, Finland and Russia..

The sport needs to be even more widespread.

This being said, I have enjoyed as a newbie, what I have seen today and I have to say that the crowd was stellar. This may actually be a great tool for the ISU as the sport is definitely drawing in the public. There's a need to work on camera footage to make sure that TV viewers get better angles of the formation. I find it quite difficult to watch when there are so many skaters on ice, with so much movement... It must be absolutely spectacular to watch it from the rinkside.

ISU politics would have favored at least one team.who had never been on the podium before to strengthen their push to be included in Olympics.

This was my thought as well.

GF2445

Record Breaker
So canada and finland tied in the free skate. Canada had a higher TES yet finished second behind Finland 1.
Are the rules different?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think that in the FP, PCS are tiebreakers... in SP, it's TES ? is that correct?

So canada and finland tied in the free skate. Canada had a higher TES yet finished second behind Finland 1.
Are the rules different?

glam

On the Ice

I guess everybody knows why the got the medal. :rolleye: Too bad for Rockettes, they were a lot better than the Russians.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It may not have been due to politics, but it is just what the ISU would have asked for if they threw a penny in a wishing well.

loopy

Final Flight
Team Sweden 2's FS was fun. I won't spoil it for anyone, but yes - fun!

Violetti

On the Ice
I liked the Russians. The Finnish commentator said that they used a lot of hand movements, changing hand positions while skating which made their program difficult. All top four were great (haven't seen more yet). Of course it was a disappointment for Rockettes as both Finnish teams always aim for gold. Their coach did not understand why they did not get more points right after the skate as everything was done well.

I like skirts and bright colour costumes best as they make synchro more aesthetic in my eyes. But of course the teams have costumes that suit the theme of their program :)

Where will the World Championships 2016 be held?

Précision

Rinkside
Worlds 2016 will be in Budabest!

I liked Russia 1, too. Their program was interesting, and their interpretation was very good to the music. For Rockettes, it was indeed their technical mark that held them back and out of the medals. The technical mistakes are sometimes so hard to see, but with Rockettes i atleast saw the mistake in their whip-intersection. They should all be intersecting at the same time, only 3 fast-end skaters on each of the lines may come little late. Rockettes had more that those 4 intersecting at different time as the rest. So they lost the level.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I liked Russian team and happy for them as they finished 5th a couple of times and 4th last year and finally are on the podium. If I am not mistaken they even once got small fold medal for a shprt program, but never enough to medal overall.

I am not an expert in sychro, just a fan. But by best friend at uni used to be a sychro skater and a had a little chat with her about the event. She was actually a World champion in 2013 with Team Unique(Finland).
-She liked Team Canada 1. Really nice skating, mostly clean. Though she is slightly indifferent to their skating style(I guess European and North American styles are different)
-She liked Team Finland 1. We both agreed that we liked short but the costumes for the long program were kind of mehh.
-Team Russia 1 seemed for her quite clean
-Unlike many people here, she did not like Team Finland 2(and she is Finnish) at all. She said they were quite messy and she saw a number of mistakes.

CarolR

Spectator
I attended these world championships in Hamilton. What an incredible weekend of amazing skating. My daughter is a former Nexxice skater so I am a bit biased of course. They were impeccable. There were quiet moments in their long program where you couldn't hear a blade on the ice. Amazing skills. Les Supreme were so entertaining and had the crowd going wild. We really liked Russia 1 and were happy to see them on the podium finally. Also enjoyed Haydenettes programs. I wish some of the people who think synchro is for leftover skaters could have seen these championships in person. All of the top teams took our breath away and the amazing audience was supportive of everyone. It was an inspiring weekend.

Petunia

Rinkside
Where did you find out that Budapest will host next year's championships? I haven't been able to find info on it anywhere.

Précision

Rinkside
Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Happy to see our team on the podium. go girls! Saw them live @ SPB Cup in March & they made some mistakes but here they were quite good. Hope to see more progress in the future. A medal must encourage that.

Obviously liked the champions very much. such class & pefection:cheer:. Congrats to them. :cheer2: Watching live is incredible. Hopefully I can attend something like this sometime

enjoyed Sweden & Mexico also

Last edited: