2015 NHL Playoffs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 NHL Playoffs

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Omg I found out the last time the Caps made it to the Eastern Conference Finals was back in 1998. When I was like almost 3. Dang. So long ago and here I am now. Almost 20 and hoping they'll make it to that round.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please Caps! Don't blow it! Play this game like Game 5 vs. the Islanders and score a lot! We want to make history! We want to go to the next round and we want to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals! We can do it! THIS IS OUR YEAR! ROCK THE RED AND UNLEASH THE FURY!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm kind of pulling for Tampa Bay now. Stevie Y's new project!

I think part of me was pulling for the Caps just for the sake of Cheerknithanson:yes:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Good luck to Stevie Y in his future endeavors, but my support of his NHL projects ended the day he left the Detroit franchise. I also cannot support successful hockey in a summertime region such as Florida (though Steven Stamkos is one of my favorite players of the past few years).

When all else fails, I tend to support an Original Six team (just not the Hawks this year...) ;)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
We lost. Still bummed but not devastated.

The Caps made it further than the Wings this year, so there's that. OT in Game 7 is only one goal away from the Conference Finals... not too shabby. Frustrating as a fan, sure, but something to build on. The Caps just need to learn how to pull the trigger when they have their opponents down for the count. :disapp:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Caps made it further than the Wings this year, so there's that. OT in Game 7 is only one goal away from the Conference Finals... not too shabby. Frustrating as a fan, sure, but something to build on. The Caps just need to learn how to pull the trigger when they have their opponents down for the count. :disapp:

Plus this was the Caps first year with a new head coach.

Next year they'll beat those Rangers and show them who's the boss.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
The Blackhawks & Ducks game is still going! Might be a triple OT coming up soon! :eek:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to get up early too but refuse to stop watching. Might have to make a late night Taco Bell run if there is any more OT :slink:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Longest game in Chicago history.

Somebody doesn't want this game to end. Can you say quad overtime? :laugh:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Babs goes from Detroit to the Toronto Maple Leafs, of all places. :eek: I guess I can understand why he left, as Detroit has been stagnating for years since upper management has little desire to make any major changes nor the guts to begin a rebuild... guess Detroit will get at least a couple more seasons of reminiscing the golden age (and keep extending that Playoff streak!), watching Zetterberg play with a bad back, and the aging & perpetually injured Datsyuk. And the goalie situation... :eek:hwell:

The Maple Leafs are definitely a fixer-upper and maybe this is the coach to do it.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tampa's first line is just so reliable. Game over and I can go to sleep early tonight.