Jordan Moeller | Golden Skate

Jordan Moeller

ice coverage

Record Breaker
U.S. figure skater Jordan Moeller was born on April 24, 1995, in Davenport, Iowa.

U.S and World competitors to support ‘One Skate at a Time’
Posted by U.S. Figure Skating​
April 15, 2015​
By Joanne Vassallo Jamrosz​

I've been thinking for ages that Jordan Moeller deserves his own fan thread.

Aside from his skating, another reason to admire him is the charity ice show that he founded several years ago.

Today's article is about this year's edition of Jordan's show :).

Update

Jordan's Ice Network bio
http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/profile/jordan_moeller

Jordan's ISU bio
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013643.htm

Social media

Twitter: @JordanMoeller
Instagram: @jomosk8
Official website (Currently down) http://figureskatersonline.com/jordanmoeller

Competitive History

2015 - U.S. Championships - 13th
2015 - Midwestern Sectional - 1st
2014 - U.S. International Classic - 7th
2014 - World Junior Championships - 9th
2014 - U.S. Championships, Junior - 2nd
2013 - Junior Grand Prix (Poland) - 6th
2013 - Junior Grand Prix (Latvia) - 9th
2013 - Gardena Spring Trophy, Junior - 1st
2013 - U.S. Championships, Junior - 5th

Programs

2014-2015 Season
SP Wakare No Kyoku by Michiru Oshima
FS Peer Gynt Suites" by Edvard Grieg

2013-14 Season
SP Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling
FS Milonga del Angel/Tanguera by various artists

2012-13 Season
SP A Day in the Life by The Beatles
FS Exogenesis: Symphony Part 3 (Redemption) by Matt Bellamy

2011-12 Season
SP: Music from the Singin' in the Rain soundtrack by various artists
FS The Exogenesis Symphonies by Muse

2010-11 Season
SP Little Wing by Stevie Ray Vaughan
FS Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, Op. 18 by Rachmanioff

Results
CompetitionScoreNoScoreNoScoreNo
U.S. Figure Skating Championship Series 2021 - Nevada61.604110.225171.825
U.S. Championships 202171.0912120.2415191.3315
U.S. Championship Series 2021133.014
U.S. Championships 202071.8710119.3814191.2514
Midwestern Sectional Championships 202068.221123.541191.761
Upper Great Lakes Regional Singles Challenge 202075.161123.021198.181
U.S. Championships 201966.1514131.6712197.8213
Midwestern Sectional Championships 201978.901118.202197.101
U.S. Championships 201855.3520124.8615180.2115
Midwestern Sectional Championships 201876.462142.243218.703
Lombardia Trophy 201770.757120.9813191.7310
Challenge Cup 201767.782131.422199.202
U.S. Championships 201776.248149.6110225.8510
Midwestern Sectional Championships 201764.532138.461202.991
Midwestern Sectional Championships 201665.073125.733190.803
Ice Challenge 201563.507114.719178.217
U.S. Championships 201567.8114138.1913206.0013
Midwestern Sectional Championships 201578.091139.092217.181
U.S. International Figure Skating Classic 201464.217125.607189.817
World Junior Championship 201466.389121.769188.149
U.S. Championships 201457.416134.252191.662
Midwestern Sectional Championships 201461.421113.621175.041
Upper Great Lakes Regional Championships 201456.751128.621185.371
JGP Baltic Cup 201351.069114.694165.756
JGP Riga Cup 201352.9812105.768158.749
23rd Gardena Spring Trophy63.621132.051195.671
U.S. Championships 201357.215103.817161.025
Midwestern Sectional Championships 201366.641122.061188.701
Upper Great Lakes Regional Championships 201357.731120.071177.801
Midwestern Sectional Championships 201253.625100.275153.895
Upper Great Lakes Regional Championships 201247.652100.291147.941
U.S. Championships 201145.05382.804127.852
Midwestern Sectional Championships 201144.39281.533125.923
Upper Great Lakes Regional Championships 201137.23581.821119.052
U.S. Junior Championships 201035.18368.052103.231

2014-15 Season

Jordan, Rohene Ward, and Jason Brown do side by side triple axels
https://instagram.com/p/sS_mHTzXGS/

Jordan made his senior international debut at the 2014 International Classic in Salt Lake. His free skate earned his best international free skate score.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdDCLidOW64

Jordan achieved his personal best scores in US competition when he won MIdwestern Sectionals this season.
His SP to "Wakare No Kyoku" by Michiru Oshima
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4zuLeyWDgM
His FS to "Peer Gynt Suites" by Edvard Grieg
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S48_tQTstdM

Career Highlights from previous seasons

Jordan achieved his best international SP score at 2014 World Junior championships , where he placed ninth
He skated to "Crystallize" by Lindsey Stirling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiqmnrL3Uu4
Jordan's free skate from 2014 Jr. Worlds to "Milonga del Angel/Tanguera" by various artists
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AarCjeLx2qY

Golden Skate articles and threads

Golden Skate article about Jordan at the start of the 2014-15 season.
http://www.goldenskate.com/2014/07/jordan-moeller/

Golden Skate article about 2014 Junior US Nationals, where Jordan finished second
http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/01/nathan-chen-makes-history-in-greensboro/

Jordan in Other articles

Ice network on One Skate at a Time; Jordan is keeping his 2014-15 Free Skate (Last artiicle on the page)
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/03/17/113021566/the-inside-edge-emotional-balde-meets-grandpa

Jordan blogs from 2014 Junior Worlds
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/03/11/69051264/jordan-rules-moeller-blogs-from-junior-worlds

Jordan blogs from 2013 JGP Latvia
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/08/28/58766266/riga-tones-moeller-blogs-from-jgp-latvia

updated April 23, 2015 by dorispulaski

Last edited by a moderator:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I have mentioned this before in the Stupid Questions thread, but I think it is worth posting her. Jordan does an interesting arm variation in his free skate that am not sure we have a name for. It is with both hands on the side of his head for the second jump in the combination. I have seen Surya Bonaly do this in clip from one of her Olympic programs that I saw on The Skating Lesson and can't recall the year or program :slink: so in fairness he is not the first, but do we have a name for it? Do any other current skaters do it?

Marisha92

Rinkside
So glad this thread has been created. Jordan is a great skater and a great person. Looking forward to his programs next year, in his second season as a Sr. competitor.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Happy birthday, fellow April baby! Hoping for a good turnout for his big fundraiser! :)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Copying Mrs. P's article link from Jason's fan thread:

:cool: Look forward to hearing about it.

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/591618083959115776

Jason Brown @jasonbskates
HAPPY BDAY 2 the greatest training-mate & friend out there! Excited 2 b in Chicago 4 his show 2morrow! Come if u can!

Happy Birthday, Jordan! :hb:

Have fun at the show, papagena! I look forward to reading your reactions. :)

I will do my best to pay close attention so I can give you guys a report! Anything of particular interest?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Which exhibition did Jason do? If the hip hop one from Wtt, did he wear the red, white and blue gym Bag costume?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I will do my best to pay close attention so I can give you guys a report! Anything of particular interest?

No pressure, but my one request ;):

Can't help mentioning that Phil Hersh :) was among the many who retweeted Jason's birthday msg for Jordan -- which has the One Skate At A Time graphic attached.

So perhaps Hersh wanted to:
- let his followers know that Jason, Jordan, and other notables will be performing in the Chicago area
- let his followers know that Jason, Jordan, and the other skaters are supporting kids with cancer
- join Jason in giving a birthday shout-out to his greatest :) friend Jordan and to Jordan's enterprise in founding the show
- or ... all of the above :yes:.​

So if you happen to see Hersh at the show, pls tell him that we appreciate his interest in Jason, in everyone on Team KoRo, and in the sport of figure skating :yay:.​

Thanks. Enjoy the show!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Copying Mrs. P's article link from Jason's fan thread:

:cool: Look forward to hearing about it.

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/591618083959115776

Jason Brown @jasonbskates
HAPPY BDAY 2 the greatest training-mate & friend out there! Excited 2 b in Chicago 4 his show 2morrow! Come if u can!

Happy Birthday, Jordan! :hb:

Have fun at the show, papagena! I look forward to reading your reactions. :)

Okay guys, Jason's ex, check. Funky costume, check. Everybody's music & sneak peaks, check. Phil Hersh, check!

Our weather looks majorly awful for tomorrow, under 50 and rain. Hopefully the skating will make us feel sunny despite the rain....

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Hi all -

As promised, here is a brief report about One Skate at a Time Last, which took place last night at Southwest Ice Arena!

The most fabulous thing: they raised > $10,000 for Children's Oncology Services, which allows kids with cancer to have a traditional summer camp experience while providing the medical care they need!

A total of 24 skaters participated, including 2 pair teams (no ice dancers, sadly), as well as the Southwest Ice Arena's synchro team and Northern Ice FSC's creative ice theater team. There were 10 past or present members of Team USA, as well as several local skaters and a few new up and coming Kori students. Highest profile performers were Jordan, Jason, Mariah Bell, Ashley Cain, Tyler Pierce, Jimmy Ma, and Alex (according to his profile, he prefers Alex to Alexey) Krasnozhon. There were a few cases of nerves resulting in falls and popped jumps, but across the board, all the skaters really put their hearts into the performances!

Regarding the things you asked me to pay attention to: Golden, sadly, I did not see a Phil Hersh there so could not pass on your message. It was mostly a local audience with lots of kids. I did see a couple of guys I recognized as coaches but whose names I don't know. I didn't see Kori or Rohene but both of Jason's parents were there. During intermission, we were watching the Blackhawks playoff game being shown on tv in lobby (they won and move on to round 2 of playoffs!) and Jason's dad was watching with us.

Okay now don't hate me but I could identify very little music so I'm not sure if we got any sneak peaks into next year. Happily there was no Carmen or POTO but one young skater did use a really unspeakably awful version of Sarah Brightman singing (if you can call it that) Nessun Dorma - ick, ick, ick.

Mariah did Eye of the Tiger which I think is her current ex - she popped a couple of jumps but otherwise gave a lovely performance. I did not recognize Ashley's music so I can't say if it is the new program Jeremy did for her, sorry! She skated very well and looked beautiful in a white dress with a tulle overlay on the top sprinkled with silver sequins or beads.

Alex K was fun to watch - he is really going to be good. He had a kind of funky program and was wearing a tee and a baseball cap turned backwards. He's got lots of personality! Jimmy Ma also has personality, had a funky program, and skated well. Both guys had good jumps. Ma was wearing jeans and a plaid shirt which he stripped off at the end, much to the delight of the many young girls in the audience.

Hannah Miller and Tyler Pierce both had falls (I think). Hannah kept smiling and performing but Tyler lost her concentration a bit. Senior Team USA pair team Jacob Somon and Lindsay Weinstein, who are local (I think ) looked quite good and I will be interested to see them in the future.

Ami Parekh, who used to skate for India and is now in med school opened the show. She looked gorgeous in a silver sequined dress and aside from one fall skated very well. She had lovely flow and beautiful spread eagles and skated to something jazzy and sexy. I was really taken with Elle Vaske, who is 13 and just moved out to train in Monument. She has a very beautiful presence and good technique, so looking forward to seeing her in the future.

Jason was fantastic. He did the new hip hop mix program. I really don't like it as well as Cotton Eyed Joe, but he really performed well and I liked it much better than I thought I would. He looked quite fast and did 3 triples, I think, including 1 3Z. Jumps were good. It's actually pretty funny to see his hair all wild. His spread eagles were gorgeous and I really hope Rohene puts them into one of his competitive programs! Ah, his clothes: pants with small red white and blue checks and a navy blue. "Chicago" hoodie. So, guys, I guess we have to resign ourselves and accept that this is the new ex program. It occurs to me that they might have changed it because of issues he had with the chair at Worlds-or maybe it was really only intended for use at Nats? Anyway, the guy I was with, who doesn't know much about skating, was seriously impressed with Jason and kept commenting on his speed and presence on the ice. He also noted how other skaters slowed down going into their jumps and Jason did not.

I think the biggest compliment I can pay Jordan is that he skated last, right after Jason, and he really held his own - there was no drop in energy. He wore a Blackhawks jersey and black pants. Don't ask me what his music was. He skated well , good flow and his personality really came out - he reminds me a bit of Jeremy and Josh so I guess I expected him to be shy or introverted but he was not.

I guess the only other thing of note was that in order to raise more funds you could pay to have a picture taken with Jason. I did not, but as we were in the lobby watching the end of the game a young girl came out screaming to her friends, OMG I hugged Jason! I hugged Jason! Classic.

It was a lovely evening for a great cause! ;)

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for the update papagena. I'm glad you had a good time and that the show raised so much money for a great cause. :)

I would still like Jason's EX to go away, but I suspect we'll be seeing it next season. It sounds like one of those programs that go over much better live with excitement of an audience and Jason's connection to the crowd.

I like Jordan's style and his sense of humor. He seems to be more low key than Jason (who isn't? :laugh:) but his hash tags have made me laugh more than once.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
Hi all -

As promised, here is a brief report about One Skate at a Time Last, which took place last night at Southwest Ice Arena!

The most fabulous thing: they raised > $10,000 for Children's Oncology Services, which allows kids with cancer to have a traditional summer camp experience while providing the medical care they need!

A total of 24 skaters participated, including 2 pair teams (no ice dancers, sadly), as well as the Southwest Ice Arena's synchro team and Northern Ice FSC's creative ice theater team. There were 10 past or present members of Team USA, as well as several local skaters and a few new up and coming Kori students. Highest profile performers were Jordan, Jason, Mariah Bell, Ashley Cain, Tyler Pierce, Jimmy Ma, and Alex (according to his profile, he prefers Alex to Alexey) Krasnozhon. There were a few cases of nerves resulting in falls and popped jumps, but across the board, all the skaters really put their hearts into the performances!

Regarding the things you asked me to pay attention to: Golden, sadly, I did not see a Phil Hersh there so could not pass on your message. It was mostly a local audience with lots of kids. I did see a couple of guys I recognized as coaches but whose names I don't know. I didn't see Kori or Rohene but both of Jason's parents were there. During intermission, we were watching the Blackhawks playoff game being shown on tv in lobby (they won and move on to round 2 of playoffs!) and Jason's dad was watching with us.

Okay now don't hate me but I could identify very little music so I'm not sure if we got any sneak peaks into next year. Happily there was no Carmen or POTO but one young skater did use a really unspeakably awful version of Sarah Brightman singing (if you can call it that) Nessun Dorma - ick, ick, ick.

Mariah did Eye of the Tiger which I think is her current ex - she popped a couple of jumps but otherwise gave a lovely performance. I did not recognize Ashley's music so I can't say if it is the new program Jeremy did for her, sorry! She skated very well and looked beautiful in a white dress with a tulle overlay on the top sprinkled with silver sequins or beads.

Alex K was fun to watch - he is really going to be good. He had a kind of funky program and was wearing a tee and a baseball cap turned backwards. He's got lots of personality! Jimmy Ma also has personality, had a funky program, and skated well. Both guys had good jumps. Ma was wearing jeans and a plaid shirt which he stripped off at the end, much to the delight of the many young girls in the audience.

Hannah Miller and Tyler Pierce both had falls (I think). Hannah kept smiling and performing but Tyler lost her concentration a bit. Senior Team USA pair team Jacob Somon and Lindsay Weinstein, who are local (I think ) looked quite good and I will be interested to see them in the future.

Ami Parekh, who used to skate for India and is now in med school opened the show. She looked gorgeous in a silver sequined dress and aside from one fall skated very well. She had lovely flow and beautiful spread eagles and skated to something jazzy and sexy. I was really taken with Elle Vaske, who is 13 and just moved out to train in Monument. She has a very beautiful presence and good technique, so looking forward to seeing her in the future.

Jason was fantastic. He did the new hip hop mix program. I really don't like it as well as Cotton Eyed Joe, but he really performed well and I liked it much better than I thought I would. He looked quite fast and did 3 triples, I think, including 1 3Z. Jumps were good. It's actually pretty funny to see his hair all wild. His spread eagles were gorgeous and I really hope Rohene puts them into one of his competitive programs! Ah, his clothes: pants with small red white and blue checks and a navy blue. "Chicago" hoodie. So, guys, I guess we have to resign ourselves and accept that this is the new ex program. It occurs to me that they might have changed it because of issues he had with the chair at Worlds-or maybe it was really only intended for use at Nats? Anyway, the guy I was with, who doesn't know much about skating, was seriously impressed with Jason and kept commenting on his speed and presence on the ice. He also noted how other skaters slowed down going into their jumps and Jason did not.

I think the biggest compliment I can pay Jordan is that he skated last, right after Jason, and he really held his own - there was no drop in energy. He wore a Blackhawks jersey and black pants. Don't ask me what his music was. He skated well , good flow and his personality really came out - he reminds me a bit of Jeremy and Josh so I guess I expected him to be shy or introverted but he was not.

I guess the only other thing of note was that in order to raise more funds you could pay to have a picture taken with Jason. I did not, but as we were in the lobby watching the end of the game a young girl came out screaming to her friends, OMG I hugged Jason! I hugged Jason! Classic.

It was a lovely evening for a great cause! ;)

"Jason was fantastic. He did the new hip hop mix program. I really don't like it as well as Cotton Eyed Joe, but he really performed well and I liked it much better than I thought I would. He looked quite fast and did 3 triples, I think, including 1 3Z. Jumps were good. It's actually pretty funny to see his hair all wild."
Yess! More wild Jason's hair and less hairgel!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the update, Papagena. Posted a small instagram link of Jason's Exh.at OSAT in his fanfest. I think you may be right about the chair; Cotton Eyed Joe was his exh. all this season, but that last chair incident at Worlds was a little scary. You don't want to get injured on your exhibition.

Congrats to Jordan for his fund-raising efforts; he should be proud!