Jordan Moeller | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jordan Moeller

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... As promised, here is a brief report about One Skate at a Time Last, which took place last night at Southwest Ice Arena!

The most fabulous thing: they raised > $10,000 for Children's Oncology Services, which allows kids with cancer to have a traditional summer camp experience while providing the medical care they need!

A total of 24 skaters participated, including 2 pair teams (no ice dancers, sadly), as well as the Southwest Ice Arena's synchro team and Northern Ice FSC's creative ice theater team. There were 10 past or present members of Team USA, as well as several local skaters and a few new up and coming Kori students. Highest profile performers were Jordan, Jason, Mariah Bell, Ashley Cain, Tyler Pierce, Jimmy Ma, and Alex (according to his profile, he prefers Alex to Alexey) Krasnozhon. There were a few cases of nerves resulting in falls and popped jumps, but across the board, all the skaters really put their hearts into the performances!

... I think the biggest compliment I can pay Jordan is that he skated last, right after Jason, and he really held his own - there was no drop in energy. He wore a Blackhawks jersey and black pants. Don't ask me what his music was. He skated well , good flow and his personality really came out - he reminds me a bit of Jeremy and Josh so I guess I expected him to be shy or introverted but he was not. ...

It was a lovely evening for a great cause! ;)

Many thanks for the detailed report, papagena :).
I'm so happy for Jordan. He seems like a great young man. (From my distant vantage point, he has never seemed shy or introverted to me -- although maybe he does not bounce off the walls to the extreme that Jason ;) does. Jordan obviously thinks big :) -- to launch this show, and to keep growing it, even after moving to Colorado.)

And very nice that Jason and so many other friends of Jordan are happy to support his show and cause.

(Some of the early publicity had said that ice dancer Daniel Klaber would perform solo -- and I did see via social media the last couple of days that he was in some of the informal off-ice photos of the skaters. Hope that he will find a new partner and perform in Jordan's show next year.)

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Doris for adding so much Jordan material to the OP :).

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for Jordan. He seems like a great young man. (From my distant vantage point, he has never seemed shy or introverted to me -- although maybe he does not bounce off the walls to the extreme that Jason ;) does. Jordan obviously thinks big :) -- to launch this show, and to keep growing it, even after moving to Colorado.)

And very nice that Jason and so many other friends of Jordan are happy to support his show and cause.

(Some of the early publicity had said that ice dancer Daniel Klaber would perform solo -- and I did see via social media the last couple of days that he was in some of the informal off-ice photos of the skaters. Hope that he will find a new partner and perform in Jordan's show next year.)

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Doris for adding so much Jordan material to the OP :).

Hi Golden - Sorry, there were so many skaters that I failed to mention Daniel Klaber. He is one of the ten who were listed as Team USA. I didn't realize he was formerly an ice dancer, so I guess that shows you what I know about ice dancing. He was great! He performed by himself. His bio notes that he is now a full time coach and choreographer, so I guess he has retired. ;)

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

From my distant vantage point, I think he is a bit of a ham and I don't think that is a bad thing at all. He may not bounce off the walls, but I would gets in trouble more often than Jason. I see a lot of well controlled playfulness in Jordan.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Article about this year's edition of Jordan's charity ice show.

Richards grad organizes fundraiser with big name skaters
By Kelly White
Daily Southtown
April 29, 2016, 9:10 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ds-skating-alumni-st-0502-20160429-story.html

For the past five years, figure skater Jordan Moeller has organized "One Skate at a Time," a skating event that raises money for a camp for youth with cancer through Children's Oncology Services Inc., in Chicago. ....

Moeller's "One Skate at a Time" benefit will be held this year at 7 p.m. May 14 at Southwest Ice Arena, 5505 127th St., Crestwood....

He has gathered 25 skaters, including 28-year-old, two-time national champion Alissa Czisny; junior national champion Courtney Hicks, 21; and Team USA skaters Mariah Bell, 20, and Jimmy Ma, 20. ....

Unfortunately, for the first time, Moeller might not be skating at this year's benefit due to a skating injury he suffered in December, 2015. ...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
USFS fanzone article re Jordan's fifth annual ice show this year:

Moeller Spends Recovery Growing “One Skate at a Time”
Posted by U.S. Figure Skating
May 02, 2016

... The show benefits Children’s Oncology Services Inc and the “One Step at a Time” Camp for kids with cancer. The show, May 14, will be held at the Southwest Ice Arena in Crestwood, Illinois. at 7 p.m.
World and U.S. competitors Alissa Czisny, Courtney Hicks, Mariah Bell, Jimmy Ma, Ashley Cain and Amber Glenn will headline.
“I am very excited for this year’s show, as each year I strive to do something bigger. This year we have been able to figure out a way to add lighting to the show, giving it more of an official show feel,” Moeller said. ....

For Moeller, planning the upcoming show has truly enhanced his recovery.
“One of my main focuses during this injury has been to keep myself busy,” Moeller said. “... This show has given me something to work towards and, as I am always looking to make it bigger, has given me plenty to do.”
Moeller is still uncertain if he will be skating in the show, the answer is a big “maybe”.
“Hopefully I will be recovered enough to at least skate around a bit. If I can skate, however, I will be skating to “We’re so Far Away” from a band called Mae. It is a beautiful song that I have known for a long time and have always wanted to do something with. Even just thinking about skating to it is reminding me why I love being on the ice.” ...

http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.c...-spends-recovery-growing-one-skate-at-a-time/

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yaaay, Jordan! :dance3: In a Nats with so many comebacks, I feel like his has slipped under the radar, and his comeback was extremely impressive!:clapper:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yaaay, Jordan! :dance3: In a Nats with so many comebacks, I feel like his has slipped under the radar, and his comeback was extremely impressive!:clapper:

So true! That was a really awful injury he had, and I'll never forget the picture he posted when it first happened - he looked so devastated and bleak. I'm really glad for him! I'm sure I've said this before, but when I saw him in that exhibition last August he still wasn't jumping at full strength but his skating was beautiful.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm so happy for Jordan. Not only for the perseverance and strength it took him for to recover from the injury and qualify for nationals, but also because he skated well enough to finish in the top ten for the first time as a senior. Congratulations on being assigned to the Challenge Cup! :hap10:

Ross74

Medalist
I was so excited for Jordan's skates at Nationals. Such an inspirational story. Hope he stays healthy for a long time!