2015 World Team Trophy Team Spirit awards! | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Team Spirit awards!

alebi

Medalist
well... it's time to speak about technical things, so... who were the best (supporting, funny etc..) teams around? :laugh:

this is my personal standings

1. France
2. USA
3. Russia/ China
4. China/ Russia
5. Canada
6. Japan

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think USA team are the best cheerleaders, France second, China, Russian, Canada.
Worst cheerleaders: Japanese men. :bang:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
1. France/ China/ Russia. With France being the funniest and China being the cutest. Russia being good sports all around and probably the closest IRL
3. USA
4. Japan
5. Canada

Meoima

Match Penalty
What was with that? Were they at a team event or a funeral?
Honestly I didn't predict that Satoko is better cheerleader than Yuzuru. Yet it happened.
Mura was just: "I only stand here..."
Yuzuru was like: "What am I supposed to do here?"
I need Oda and Dai baccccccccKKKKK!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Honestly I didn't predict that Satoko is better cheerleader than Yuzuru. Yet it happened.
Mura was just: "I only stand here..."
Yuzuru was like: "What am I supposed to do here?"
I need Oda and Dai baccccccccKKKKK!

Well i mean, i think they were super stressed for the ladies especially Yuzuru for Kanako's skate (and with good reasons unfortunately). And then when she was crying they couldn't really bring it one with the over-the-top fun.

alebi

Medalist
Well i mean, i think they were super stressed for the ladies especially Yuzuru for Kanako's skate (and with good reasons unfortunately). And then when she was crying they couldn't really bring it one with the over-the-top fun.

but I don't understand the reason. They were certainly third, which was the best place they could strive for... I admit I'm a bit disappointed with them :rolleye:

yuki

Final Flight
Based on the only competitions I've been able to watch fully (Pairs FS and Ladies FS):
1&2. France/China - France for overall goofiness and great sportsmanship and China for cuteness and creativity
3. Russia - Elena I. should teach the Japanese men how to cheerlead properly
4. USA - cheerlead-y, but fun;loved Ashley's K'n'C and Frank Carroll's reaction to them celebrating their win :laugh2:
5. Canada - the highlight was Jeremy's moose costume + "EH!" t-shirt; also, this
6. Japan - sigh; they had much to live up to, but still (ETA: link courtesy of alia jackson from the Team Japan thread)

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
1. France (narrowly beating China because they are consistently amazing, plus I think they deserve to win something here)
2. China
3. Russia / Canada tie for the piggyback rides and headwear. Plus Russia had Mishin trolling and Canada was very supportive of Jeremy Ten for his loss.
5. USA - meh
6. Japan (too somber and those noisemaker things drove me nuts)

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
but I don't understand the reason. They were certainly third, which was the best place they could strive for... I admit I'm a bit disappointed with them :rolleye:
Yup, Mura and Yuzuru are hopeless. :slink: Kanako and Satoko should have smacked them hard in the head for being tooooo unenthusiastic. :scowl:

Overall I love team USA spirit the most!! That's what you call cheering guys!! Team France did well! I love then. Team China sooooo adorable!!:biggrin:

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
so to be more specific:

France were the craziest, China the cutest, USA were always screaming and Jason gave a big hand with his craziness, Russian were way more supporting then the past, always there with a lot of skaters (I remember some episode when there was just only one skater supporting), Canada a bit better at the end, Japan a BIG NO NO (maybe it was some sponsor reason or they receive the order to always look quiet, but only Chris Reed tried to be a little funny with his puppets... and the Pooh puppet was adorable :love: )

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
on team japan!s defense, i think its because they are relatively "new team" :biggrin: old team had been competing together for years and they became really close, when you look at the new team most of them train at other countries, sure there are ice shows but they didnt get much chance to be in cheering position, Reeds didnt have good competition so probably werent in the mood (though chris more than made up with his puppet :biggrin:), kanako really tried her best along with satoko and pairs( all of them are 1st timers) and yuzuru usually doesnt know what to do when he is on camera haha, i blame captain mura, :laugh:

my winner is china though, they were amazing!!

alebi

Medalist
on team japan!s defense, i think its because they are relatively "new team" :biggrin: old team had been competing together for years and they became really close

I thought it too, that's why I said I'm only a bit disappointed :) (because Yuzu and Kanako always looked funny in the past but they didn't show their nature here)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I think Team France had the most fun.

1. France
2. Russia
3. China

Yaaay for team spirit!
(makes me miss the team Japan Veterans. I need them back.)

TMC

Record Breaker
French team all the way! It was adorable how they were cheering like they won every time the announcer said they were in last place XD

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Someone needs to make a YouTube video of the K&C moments of all the 6 teams. Like we need to see all of it! :D