2015-2016 Programs by Discipline | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

TMC

Record Breaker
I think the concept that someone can have a "wrong" HEAD SHAPE for music might be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen posted on GS.

And when I think about all the ridiculous things I've seen on this forum...that's saying a lot.

Agree.

Uncalled for :no:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I wouldn't mind this one. In fact, bring in Bollywood music!

I would be fine with much Bollywood. Given the amount of sources, there should be some good gems in there. But again, given the amount of sources, I would almost be more annoyed if it all ended up being the same song/artist/source.

Well, I really want vanity...that's all I want. Wherever I can find it, either white rock gymnastics or elsewhere.

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
To add something positive about Aaron, I think his face is really cute..... And his body type could be corrected with better costumes, perhaps. Stojko did not have a good body type, but he understood his own limitations and used music to kind of suit it.

Last edited:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
To add something positive about Aaron, I think his face is really cute..... And his body type could be corrected with better costumes, perhaps. Stojko did not have a good body type, but he understood his own limitations and used music to kind of suit it.

Yes, look at Daisuke Takahashi. Very short (165cm?), short arms/legs, what we call a traditional Japanese build. But he's so musical and expressive he can skate to anything. I read recently that he's not completing his master's degree and going to train at a dance school in the US. Go Dai!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

His body type can be "corrected"? But there's nothing wrong with it! The only issue I take with his costuming is that when he goes for two-tone the waist is often too low.

I'm still at a loss as to how body type restricts music type. Especially things that are totally out of his control like head shape.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
His body type can be "corrected"? But there's nothing wrong with it! The only issue I take with his costuming is that when he goes for two-tone the waist is often too low.

I'm still at a loss as to how body type restricts music type. Especially things that are totally out of his control like head shape.

I agree. There's no sense in it. Like it doesn't even matter. It's HOW you like it and feel it and interpret it that matters. NOT body image.

samm22

On the Ice
Will lyrics be allowed?

I believe so...there has been no change in ISU rules as far as I know. It would be odd for the ISU to allow lyrics, and the not allow them the next season. But anyway, changing anything with the ISU takes a LONG time (ie. the 6.0 system to IJS, or the original IJS to the revised 2010-2011 (current) IJS)

samm22

On the Ice

Pika

Final Flight
I saw that Ashley Cain will skate her SP to Skinny Love by Birdy, choreography by Jeremy Abbott

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I thought it was his best program so far. Glad to see it again...maybe with a different colored costume?

It was probably just a costume they came up with last minute since he's not competing for the rest of the season, I hope whatever he comes back with it's not grey, it makes the sweat very obvious :slink:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Jordan Moeller is keeping his 2014-15 free skate, according to the fourth article on this page http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/03/17/113021566/the-inside-edge-emotional-balde-meets-grandpa

Peer Gynt Suites by Grieg

I don't think he ever quite skated that program to its full potential, which is HUGE IMO (but, I'm biased toward Rohene's programs). So this sounds like a good decision to me. Plus it gives him more time to solidify his 3A and maybe work on the quad.