Cool TV theme songs that would be cool for skating programs | Golden Skate

Cool TV theme songs that would be cool for skating programs

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since June of last year, I've been finding lots of TV theme songs that I think would be SO cool for skating. Some of them I put together in my head or on YouTube playlists as mixes. Here are some of of the ideas I've came up with:

Mix 1: "Puzzle Place" theme song/"Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers" theme songs/"Cyberchase" theme song
Mix 2: "Between the Lions" opening theme song/"Liberty Kids" theme song"/"Between the Lions" closing theme song.
Mix 3: "Family Matters" theme song/"Full House" theme song.

Individually:
"M.A.S.K" theme song

And I've found NUMEROUS more that will need to be in mixes due to that they're too short.

So what theme songs would you want to be used for skating?

They can be from kids' shows, teen shows, adult shows (But not the type that's.....well TOO adult), or family shows. Whatever shows.

Last edited:

whatif

Medalist
I believe somebody already done X-Files?
Also, GoT has been used by some skaters.M:I is also popular.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I'm still waiting for someone to do a Game of Thrones program that I like. In my head, I see a free dance with a "dragons in flight" theme.
All I have to do is learn to skate and choreograph. Right? :laugh2:

No one's skated to X-Files I've seen, but you don't have to use the theme - there's a lot of incidental music, especially from the first movie, that could be used (Thrednody in X especially).

Someone should skate the theme from SWAT, or put together some Mike Post themes. Inspector Morse would be a good short. Every time I hear the Mad Men theme, I'm shocked no one's used it. But the problem with a lot of themes is you need more than the minute a typical theme used to be.

Don't forget that East of Eden was a TV theme too...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There've been some pretty cool sports intros over the years.

This one is the music of my childhood. Whenever I heard this guitar riff I would come running from whereever I was in the house, because that meant that there was either racing on, or RPM (a motorsport-themed chat show). Nothing has yet matched it for epicness and when RPM was revived by the channel this year I was VERY disappointed that they did not also revive the intro. Obviously, you'd need to find a copy without the sound effects and in better quality, and I haven't yet succeeded.

Channel 10 Motorsport Intro

Americans might go crazy with their sport, but they also end up with some epic intro themes. The NASCAR one, titled "Thunder", is one of my favourites; it successfully manages to raise the hairs on the back of my neck and convey the epicness of the sport it is about to show.

NASCAR theme - Thunder

Of course, this song is the song probably most associated with the beginning of Formula One coverage anywhere in the world, though it is the BBC's theme for the coverage - but any F1 fan can pick up these chords and know what's coming.

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

andromache

Record Breaker
It's kind of cheesy and Frank and Lori would never let her do it, but I'd love to see Gracie skate to some sort of Game of Thrones medley in a Daenerys Targaryen inspired costume :laugh:.

Liza could pull it off too, but I thought of Gracie for it first because of her blonde hair.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm still waiting for someone to do a Game of Thrones program that I like. In my head, I see a free dance with a "dragons in flight" theme.
All I have to do is learn to skate and choreograph. Right? :laugh2:

Somebody at US nats this year actually did a game of thrones FD. Their names were Ashlyn Gaughn and Cody Lithco. I don't know if they're well-known enough to be on YouTube but they did a GOT program.

Lenny318

On the Ice
I know someone's skated a long program to Doctor Who before but I don't think anyone has used the main/opening theme (but the show itself has some AMAZING pieces of music that I hope will one day be explored as potential program music)

This cover of the Sesame Street theme

I'm waiting for the day someone skates an exhibition to the Pokémon theme. Maybe a certain instrumental cover could make an entertaining short program.

A.H.Black

Final Flight

GraceMacLaine

Rinkside
It's kind of cheesy and Frank and Lori would never let her do it, but I'd love to see Gracie skate to some sort of Game of Thrones medley in a Daenerys Targaryen inspired costume :laugh:.

Liza could pull it off too, but I thought of Gracie for it first because of her blonde hair.

I have spent a genuinely humiliating amount of time trying to come up with ideas for GoT character programs. I have concluded that Dany would be the easiest to do. Her themes are all nice and exciting and seem easy to skate to. Gracie, Liza, Ashley, Elena, Kanako, Cesario...I think it could be a really great vehicle for a lot of different girls.

I also think that Miyahara should do an Arya program. She can give assassin side-eye, and show us her gorgeous spin sequence like at the end of this year's LP on the crescendo of this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JYKNqvsbKw. I think that Karen Chen could also really pull it off.

I also think that Josh or Adam could pull off a really interesting Theon program. His themes are some of the strongest material in the series.

I also dream that a lower level ice dance team to do some crazytown, possibly gender reversed Bear and the Maiden Fair/Jaime and Brienne program, hopefully with some suggestive lifts.

Also, I'm guessing no one here watches this show, but we really need a Russian pair or ice dance team to do a program to the Americans soundtrack. It's about Russian spies in America whose marriage was arranged. The parallels with the pairs skaters of old are really interesting! (I also dream that the spies on the Americans will one day be asked to supervise Tamara Moskvina at Skate America or G&G on the Tom Collins tour or something.)

Lenny318

On the Ice
I have spent a genuinely humiliating amount of time trying to come up with ideas for GoT character programs. I have concluded that Dany would be the easiest to do. Her themes are all nice and exciting and seem easy to skate to. Gracie, Liza, Ashley, Elena, Kanako, Cesario...I think it could be a really great vehicle for a lot of different girls.

I'd really love to see any of the above go for a Cersei Lannister theme. Just take command of The Rains of Castamere. Yes I know the song isn't so much for her in the books or the show but the Lannisters play it to show their dominance and man does Cersei like to dominate.