What are you listening to right now? | Page 103 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m getting more and more into the pop/punk inspired Regrettes ! I was planning on seeing them tour this summer on multiple stops but guess I’ll have to wait until the next tour.

I love this song and the video
https://youtu.be/r0CD4dVYAEY

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was our anniversary last week (managed to get out to dinner right before the shutdown;)) and this tune fittingly came on the car on the way back. I have always loved it.

With This Ring by The Platters

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, before I post the song, I have to give you the back story.

Most years when I am on holidays, I would hear and like songs that I hadn't heard before. But, the problem used to be that I wouldn't remember the title of the song or the name of the singer by the time I got home. So, I started carrying a wee notepad around in my camera bag (I already carried loads of pens around in it), and I kept it in a pocket that I could access quickly.

Last year, though, I got a new camera bag. And although the new bag is a lot handier to carry, and does not leave me with aches and pains like the old one did, you cannot get quick access to it. So, I ended up not going into it as often as I went into the old bag. (Not just for the notebook. For the camera too).

Anyway, there was this song that kept being played on the radio last year. I didn't recognise the name of the singer but I thought "no need to hoke out the notebook and write it down - that's a simple wee name that will be easy to remember. And the title is simple and easy to remember too". But every time I heard it and thought that, the inevitable happened - I forgot.

Fast forward a few months to Christmas, and the film re-make of a TV show I watched when I was a youngster was being shown on one of the terrestrial channels. I was of two minds over whether to watch it or not. Because re-makes of things you liked usually leave you disappointed. So, I taped it to go back to at a later stage.

This afternoon, I decided to watch it. And, I did not like it. However, there was a silver lining. The two main actresses were absolutely stunning! :love: :love: :love: And when I looked at the credits to see who they were, I saw the name of one of them and instantly thought "that's the name of that singer I heard on holidays!"

Before you could blink, I was straight onto Wikipedia. And sure enough, she is also a singer. And I got another surprise: the song in question is a new song from the re-make of a film that I liked when I was a youngster! And I have been in two minds over whether I want to see it or not! :laugh: (I've heard a couple of the new versions of the songs from the original film, and they do not inspire much confidence).

So, in honour of the new head for both Kimberly Hart and Princess Jasmine:

Naomi Scott - "Speechless"

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
May I recommend Soundhound, @CaroLiza_fan ?

When one of those songs is playing, whip out you phone, let Soundhound identify it, and at your leisure, you will find it in your Soundhound history :love:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
May I recommend Soundhound, @CaroLiza_fan ?

When one of those songs is playing, whip out you phone, let Soundhound identify it, and at your leisure, you will find it in your Soundhound history :love:

Thank you. I will certainly keep it in mind it if I get into that stuation at home.

As for holidays, I like to cut myself off from the outside world. So, when I'm away, I take no technology with me apart from my Digital SLR camera, a radio, a razor and a fan (and their associated batteries, chargers, wiring, etc.).

I know. I'm too old fashioned for my own good.

CaroLiza_fan

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gordon Lightfoot, my all time favorite singer/songwriter "THE" troubadour has a brand new SOLO album, so that's what I'm listening to right now. :luv17:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Blasting the new rerecording of Kiryu's "Kogarashi". My squirrel buddy in the backyard has three new babies that I need to turn into visual kei fans. :laugh: :rock: Or at least get used to frequent metal and rock.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just heard that Alan Merrill has died from COVID-19. So, in tribute, I had to listen to him singing his masterpiece:

The Arrows - "I Love Rock 'n' Roll"

If you're used to Joan Jett's cover, it can take a moment to get your head around hearing it sung by a male voice. But once you do get used to it, it's brilliant! :rock:

My thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm afraid that this is another death notice.

Adam Schlesinger, the bassist of band Fountains Of Wayne, has died from COVID-19.

I have to be honest, I only know one Fountains Of Wayne song. But what a song it is! And since the story is based on an event from Schlesinger's childhood, it makes an appropriate tribute:

Fountains Of Wayne - "Stacy's Mom"

Although I had heard the song lots of times back in the day, today was the first time I had seen the video for it. Suffice to say, it is very suggestive. So, if you are able to go to work / school, my advice is not to watch it there.

My thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans.

CaroLiza_fan