What are you listening to right now? | Page 97 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
ABC Classics FM - the Australian classical music station - are running their annual Top 100 countdown voted by the public over this long weekend. "Composers You Can't Live Without." So that is the next three days accounted for (they just played Meditation from Thais. Massenet was voted number 89, so the standard is as usual going to be VERY high...)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Getting in the mood for later on. (Starts in 3 hours from now; BBC coverage starts in 2h 30m from now).

Lynnie Carson & Friends (featuring Horse) - "We Have Your Back"

Allez l'Écosse!!!

CaroLiza_fan

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
One of the first “fan videos” I ever made :eek::
https://youtube.com/watch?v=nTR5Y7KJC_Q

She is really beautuful, isn't she? And your work is love.. no greater gift..

I added the song here on a whim; my friend who lives in Boston has a wonderful rooftop garden and a goose landed in it a while ago which freaked Richard out! I said: well, you know geese DO fly over cities!! And sent him the song with video as proof then decided to add it here where it happily had far-reaching effect... funny the connections we make.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
On this day in 1982 E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial was released:

Bike Chase

On this day in 1993 Jurassic Park was released:

Welcome to Jurassic Park

"Without John Williams, bikes don't fly and neither do brooms in Quidditch matches nor do men in red capes. There is no Force, dinosaurs do not walk the earth. We do not wonder, we do not weep, we do not believe."
Steven Spielberg

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I :love: so many John Williams' soundtracks, not to mention his Olympic themed music & his contributions to the Boston Pops!

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
^ I :love: so many John Williams' soundtracks, not to mention his Olympic themed music & his contributions to the Boston Pops!

I especially love when two of my passions (film music and figure skating) combine in magical performances.

A few of my favorites are Todd Eldredge's First Knight (Jerry Goldsmith), Paul Wylie's Henry V (Patrick Doyle) and Jason Brown's The Piano (Michael Nyman).

This season I look forward to seeing Zhenya's Memoirs of a Geisha and Jason's Schindler's List (both by John Williams).

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JtOvEDGVaBM

Rey's Theme -Star Wars..... John Williams

1140-mfg-star-wars-last-jedi-island-ridley.imgcache.rev868030c6b222cc332e001bbc0f26e46a.jpg

Ducky

On the Ice
I suppose I'm now considered old because I was passing by a concert venue and saw a hundred of teenybopper girls dressed like 90's rave and babygoth cosplayers waiting for the doors for some act I've never in my life have heard of. Checked her out on spotify and it turns out that Billie Eilish is quite good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI

And back to music for the aging hipster who needs something to listen to while waiting for the new Jim Jarmusch film to start, I've had Meursault's single Beaten from their latest album Crow Hill stuck in my head for nearly a month now. Meursault is hands down my favorite band -- which either makes me deeply uncool because it seems as if we've collectively as a society have decided that no, liking obscure stuff from teeny record labels is kind of nerdy now and ugh, can't you just be down with Beyonce or Lil Nas X or The National like everyone else, or atop some indie food chain, can't decide -- and they have gotten me through some really rough patches in my life. So it's kind of a joy to listen to Crow Hill and think 'this is their best yet.' (Warning explicit language: https://soundcloud.com/user-746916356/meursault-beaten-2)

luckyguy

Match Penalty
So touching and heartwarming.

"I’ve always walked through life in the dark, but when you decided to hold my hand, your heart began to light my way. In you I saw a future that I didn’t think was possible, a place where I could rest my bones and my mind, knowing that it wouldn’t be in vain. In you I saw a hope that I never knew existed, for one day we’d get to tell our children the story of how we both met, at a strange bar on that cold October night. In you I saw a beautiful soul carrying the weight of life, being constantly tested and yet somehow finding your way- because what you are, and what you believe is unmovable. And in you I saw a love that I had never seen before, because until I met you, I must have been blind. This is not a promise of excitement or undying passion, instead this is a promise that when everything fails, and the world has collapsed, that we can look under the earth and see that our roots- just like our souls- have grown together. And that as one, we will survive anything. In you I am constant, and nothing will change that."

American Authors - Before I Go

Don't miss their new album Seasons.