What are you listening to right now? | Page 100 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
During my time on here, I have always made it obvious that I don't like Twitter, and don't really see the point in it. I don't have an account myself, and tend not to visit it (if I am looking for posts from skaters, I would go to Facebook first, and then Instagram).

However, there is a forum member who I have become good friends with who unfortunately stopped visiting the forum a month or so ago. She knows a lot of things about the skating scene that you wouldn't hear elsewhere, and I like hearing her views on other things as well. So since then, I have started visiting her Twitter page regularly. Why Twitter? For the simple reason that she isn't on any other social network site!

Well, I was just checking her page again there now, and earlier this week she was going through Van Morrison songs that she thought would be good for skating to.

Then I put on the radio so that I had some music to listen to while trimming the adverts out of a film I taped last night, and by sheer coincidence this was the first song that came on:

Them - "Here Comes The Night"

I should add, this wasn't one of the songs she suggested.

CaroLiza_fan

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yesterday (probably today for many of you) being the 23rd, it is the 25th anniversary of the release of Jeff Buckley's 'Grace' album.

So I spent much of last night and am still this morning listening to his music. 'Hallalujah', his utterly iconic cover, is I think the one everyone thinks of first, and I love it, but let me post his 'Corpus Christi Carol' because I love the song itself to death and his performance is simply unearthly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxqwq9BnjT0

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Gershwin's lovely lovely tune from 1930ish musical Girl Crazy...
But Not For Me...

This version sung by Elton John for the film Four Weddings and a Funeral... one of my top favorite films of all time.. had not seen the movie or heard the song in a long time .. watched on cable the other night and it has not lost its charm :luv17: especially the rookie priest performing the second wedding..:drama:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ5aEPo2BQA

Rosallie

On the Ice
What am I listening to right now? Yuzuru Hanyu's 2016-2017 FP (Hope and Legacy). It's so calming and at the same time motivating :)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The Snowman sung by Jung Seunghwan

I have a two-hour repeat file on my phone that I play when I'm in a noisy and therefore stressful environment, it's one of the tunes I can listen to over and over again without getting too tired of it. Also, the melody is calming yet not too down or static, there's drama in there too. And of course, lovely lyrics.

I have this on now because in an hour my paternal family is coming, invading my privacy and interrupting my skate watching (deep sigh)

Ducky

On the Ice
Oh man, this song is amazingly good. Who'd have thought that the most overlooked band this year would be The Comet is Coming a funk, psychedelic jazz rock trio out of London? Certainly not I. But here I am, day dreaming of how I would choreograph a program to "Summon the Fire" if I had the skating skills to do it justice. And way, brighten up your day and take a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G55GspnNkBo

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I am listening to my annoying brother shouting at his friends though the headphones on his xbox lol

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am going to boldly go where no figure skating fan has gone before and explore a selection of covers of songs that are being used this season:

Elton John - "Rocket Man"
David Bowie - "Space Oddity"
Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"

And here is a song that I've never heard used in figure skating, but I imagine would make an interesting programme:

Pulp - "Common People"

But now, the pièce de résistance. Inspired by the new Free Dance from Papadakis / Cizeron:

"I Can't Get Behind That"

Thank you to the late BBC Radio Ulster presenter Gerry Anderson for introducing me to the work of this amazing singer...

CaroLiza_fan