What are you listening to right now? | Page 95 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can't say I liked his music, but Keith Flint did a lot for the sport that I love more than any other, i.e. motorbike racing.

Keith raced himself, and ran a team first in clubmans championships and latterly in the British Supersport Championship and the big international Road Races (North West 200, Isle Of Man TT, Ulster Grand Prix, Macau Grand Prix). And no matter what the series was, Team Traction Control found success.

So, since the MotoGP season starts this week and BT Sport used the following song as the theme tune for their MotoGP coverage up until the start of last season, this song by his band seems the obvious choice to use to pay tribute to him:

The Prodigy - "Hot Ride"

My thoughts go out to his family, friends and all at Team Traction Control.

CaroLiza_fan

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just got the Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga CD - Cheek to Cheek, so I'm listening to that!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What on Earth have I just listened to???!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Otoboke Beaver - "Don't Light My Fire"

Thanks a bunch for playing that, Michael Bradley. :sarcasm: I always thought I liked Japanese music, but now you've gone and spoiled it for me...

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGglo8eQyzA

Nocturne sung by Lee Eunmi, after listening to In This Shirt twice while watching WC I got reminded that I love this song. It's never been officially said that this song is about gay lovers, but the refrain goes like this (translated):

Don't be sorry, you didn't do anything wrong / Just love won't be enough to face the condemnation, it won't / The dream ends here, I was happy / The flowers are falling, it's a beautiful farewell

And the second time, like this:

Don't be sorry, we didn't do anything wrong / Answer me, don't believe in those people who have no right to do so / The dream ends today, let fate take us / The flowers are falling, my love, leave me now

It doesn't feel like a straight couple saying goodbye, does it?

Fun fact: the composer of the song wrote the melody after seeing his (then girlfriend) wife under a tree that was shedding petals, and he later said he didn't think the lyrics were going to be a sad one and was surprised after the lyrics came out. But he went with it anyway :laugh:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States