What are you listening to right now? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
"OMG" by Risso

The video has a Wes Anderson-esque vibe which is cool. :)

Risso is a Korean singer. She's often featured in other artists' music. (Like this song from Korean indie band Humming Urban Stereo).

She has a really great voice and. I love the disco/house music vibe of her whole album, Tra La La. Finger Magic is another awesome song on that album; it sort of reminds me of late 1980s R&B.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Billy Joel's "Streetlife Serenade" CD (the one with "The Entertainer," my favorite BJ song).

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Tracks from Brian Wilson's (from the Beach Boys) new album "No Pier Pressure." Talk about someone who has been about to have a second (third?) act on his career. His songs have a classic, orchestral feel to them, yet is fresh enough to appreciate. Helps that he's worked with some modern artist on his album.

I also recommend watching his new biopic, "Love and Mercy."

One Kind of Love (features clips from "Love and Mercy")

On the Island (featuring She and Him (duo of Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward))

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I am about to get on the plane back home after going to a music festival in Wisconsin where I got to see both The National and Bon Iver. I am listening to Bon Iver to pretend it's not over. :(

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ohh...Bon Iver is great. I read that he debuted two new songs there this weekend. Lucky you! :cool:

I really came around to him after I went thru a Volcano Choir obsession for a spell.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Recently discovered Overture from The Bartered Bride by Smetana. Also have Kissin's 2000 Proms performance of Rach 2 on repeat.

Imagine

Medalist
Rachel Platten - Fight Song

Saw it in some car commercial. Can't remember the car for the life of me but the song is stuck in my head now. I almost never go for pop songs, but this one has a feel-good quality of it which I thoroughly enjoy.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I have Je Suis Malade stuck in my head...

This is what happens when you watch too many YouTube videos of Weapo, people. :p

Not that that's a bad thing...:laugh2: