What are you listening to right now? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

nguyhm

On the Ice
Ellie Goulding's Love me like you do - I think the controversies surrounding the movie (Fifty shades of Grey) stir my curiosity and draw me to the song. I have not seen the movie but the video seems interesting.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Silk Road is on Pandora right now (on the station for The Mission soundtrack). I actually quite like it. It's got a majestic sweeping quality to it, if that makes any sense.

Edit: This was NOT Denis Ten's FS music. That was by the Silk Road Project, and this was a piece called Silk Road by the John Tesh Project. I got the two mixed up. \

And now I'm listening to part of the soundtrack to The Mission (same station).

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Haven't posted to this thread for ages (because I haven't taken the time to listen to music for ages!) But, here are a few tunes that I have managed to fit in the past couple of days.

Vangelis - "Conquest Of Paradise"
Heard a tune by Vangelis the other day that (shock! horror!) I didn't like :eek: (first time that's ever happened!) So, to make up for it, I listened to what is probably my favourite Vangelis piece.

Clint Mansell - "Lux Aeterna"
Probably my favourite piece of music for skating routines, but it hasn't been used for a while. So, thought I would have a listen to stop the withdrawal symptoms!

Vincent Niclo & The Red Army Choir - "La Marseillaise"
THE most rousing rendition of the French National Anthem I have ever heard!

Koop - "Koop Island Blues"
I don't know why ( :p ) but even when I just think about this song it puts happy thoughts in my head...

Led Zeppelin - "Stairway To Heaven"
After listening to that awful version used by Hugh BRABYN-JONES in his Free Skate in Colorado Springs, I just HAD to listen to the proper version!

Led Zeppelin - "Kashmir"
Well, I was looking the video up anyway for a comment in another thread, so thought I may as well listen to it while there!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ This past weekend we attended a free concert with a Fleetwood Mac Tribute band called "Tusk." They were excellent!

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Revisited "Salome" for the past few days (listening is much better than playing). Now I'm on a Shostakovich symphony binge (lovely to listen to AND play!).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdTX5NjIsg

"A caballo vamos pal' Monte" by Buenavista Social Club performed by Cheikh Lo

:thumbsup: This is great

I've been listening to the Morning Benders for a few years but I'm on a huge kick this week.

Especially this song.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=86l08KRJdTs

I saw them a few times live and loved it when they opened up for the Shins a few years back. I think the song 'Excuses' would be a fun song for a skater to adopt and skate to.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FF_IETJUXKE

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I've been listening to the Morning Benders for a few years but I'm on a huge kick this week.

Did you hear they changed their name to POP ETC a few years ago?

Evidently, they discovered their original band name had an unintended slang reference (within the UK & other parts of Europe).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did you hear they changed their name to POP ETC a few years ago?

Evidently, they discovered their original band name had an unintended slang reference (within the UK & other parts of Europe).

I had heard about it but never followed up and unfortunately it looks like they changed the style up too. I like the older stuff better myself but maybe I'll come around to the new stuff at some point.

I have no excuse as to why this song has recently taken over my iPod.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v7Rf9bopNmk