What are you listening to right now? | Page 91 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Marcin Patrzalek - Beethoven's 5th Symphony on one guitar https://youtu.be/gUarhwho0f8

He was in Polish version of Must Be The Music talent show few yrs ago and recently won Italian's version of 'Italians Got Talent' show. I found this today and out of habit started to scroll comments... What kind of surprised me were these opinions like 'good, but meh, I don't like this' - for me, one cannot re-invent classical music from scratch, it just exists and serves as an art in its purity and firm for ages, but one could interpret it in a way he/she feels it, acknowledging the basics, but pushing it stylistically to a new direction. And he does it briliantly in my opinion, with all its 'torn', rapid expression, movement and execution style, it makes something truly compelling as a wholesome, the level of thoughfulness given to it.

And Coldplay's Live in Buenos Aires album - love, love, love!!!

Viva La Vida (live from Sao Paulo, could not find BA version) https://youtu.be/-ZvsGmYKhcU

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I've lost count of the number of times I've heard the following 2 songs the past few days :drama:

AC/DC - "Thunderstruck"

The White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army"

Just to explain, I have been catching up on the matches from the Women's U-17 World Cup that were not shown on Eurosport's linear TV channels.

"Thunderstruck" is always played in the stadium while everybody is waiting for the proceedings to start. Meanwhile, "Seven Nation Army" is played while the players are coming out onto the pitch to get into position for the National Anthems, and is also played every time that a goal is scored.

I don't know who it was that decided to use these particular songs, but they made good choices! :rock:

CaroLiza_fan

luckyguy

Match Penalty
"A very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

War is over
If you want it
War is over
Now"

This timeless song is as relevant today as it was 47 years ago.

Happy Xmas (War Is Over), 1971 - John & Yoko, The Plastic Ono Band with The Harlem Community Choir

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Over here in the British Isles, Vodafone are running a skating themed advert at the moment starring Martin Freeman. And I am really curious to know who his stunt double is for the skating parts. Because, somehow, I very much doubt if he can do those moves! :laugh:

But, the way it is shot and edited means you can't clearly see who it is. So, whoever it is, he isn't getting anywhere near the same sort of exposure as the guys in Guy's video are. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

Even though I was reading it through a translator, that was such a funny conversation! :laugh: :clap: :points:

I bet Martin would never ever have imagined that somebody would compare him to Zhenya Medvedeva!

Oh, and I do think the song super-imposed onto this clip was more suitable than the song used in the original advert! :agree:

Original song from advert:

Roy Orbison - "Beautiful Dreamer"

Music in clip:

Dean Fujioka - "History Maker"

Thank you so much for sharing it, Sugarpova. :thank:

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ has found the answer!!!

Here is the relevant part of the post in the British thread:

Our men’s silver medalist PJ Hallam was Martin Freeman’s stunt double in the Vodaphone Christmas advert: (https://www.instagram.com/p/BrxmjqHhg14)

Looks like he had fun. :)

That's one less thing to bother me this Christmas. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
One of my Christmas presents was a CD of medieval Christmas music by Pro Cantione Antiqua, and it's now wafting through the house.....