Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some Tori Amos tonight :)

Tori Amos
Carbon

Everything about this song has always fascinated me. The perplexing rhythms which challenge even the most experienced drummers and yet still act to compliment Tori’s Creation. The lyrics are usual Tori. A maze of deep and personal lines that aren’t always easy to comprehend.

Still...it’s a very cool song if you get into Tori Amos.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Wow...bit of an Oh Brother Where Art Thou vibe to it maybe ;)

Awesome song that uses a full range of dynamics. I might have to check for more from them :cool:

Not far off... heard it watching first episode of Longmire's 6th season. ( I have a crush on Walt... :slink:) Think this group hales from Tennessee which is where my Dad's family first settled in the 1700's; Mom was first generation American. I like this type of song - if well done - and I like posting here on an international forum because, in a distilled way, it explains what it took to build this country, warts and all. I love alot of music of "younger" generations; my nephew, age 37, always sends me new music. We share that vibe and a weakness for chocolate..:biggrin: Glad you liked the song, Sam.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just stumbled across this local girl band. And when I say "band", I do mean "band"! :rock:

Here is where I first saw them - a video currently doing the rounds on Facebook of them busking in Belfast a few weeks ago:

Dea Matrona - "Walk This Way"

And here is a video from October 2017 - same spot, same song, but one less girl:

Orlaith And Mollie - "Walk This Way"

They changed their name when Mollie's wee sister, Mamie, joined permanently as their drummer a few months ago.

Here are a couple of videos of them doing Led Zeppelin covers:

Dea Matrona - "Rock And Roll"

Dea Matrona - "Whole Lotta Love" (posted in 4 pieces)

And here is an original song (the video editing isn't the greatest, although it is nice seeing places I recognise!):

Dea Matrona - "Just Wanna Rock"

Enjoy!

CaroLiza_fan

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julian Baker : Everybody Does

https://youtu.be/LlVp9W6LvTQ

Amazing voice but this heavy song seems to come from a painful place :console:

Interesting quote from Julian. “I’m a goob in real life...it’s why I wrote those sad songs so I can afford to be dorky”

luckyguy

Match Penalty
The former German champion (1990 and 1991) and current TV commentator Daniel Weiss definitevely lost my sympathy when he described Beth Hart's song Am I The One as a screaming.

Stepanova/Bukin skate to this their free dance.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Offspring of Dragons - Sean Rabbitt's free skate from 2011 - watching/listening to it on Youtube!