What are you listening to right now? | Page 94 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m still on this Billie Eilish discovery kick. Man...this girl is so gifted.

Billie Eilish : Bellyache
https://youtu.be/gBRi6aZJGj4

I already pre-ordered the new album that comes out next month and am really looking forward to it.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cool tune with a little hint of a hipster/Mazy Star vibe. Where is Carles? I love this song and immediately downloaded it after the first listen.

Still Corners : The Message
https://youtu.be/p50k_kklM7g

This is the type of song that makes me happy that I keep searching out new artists.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
8 years ago today, Northern Ireland lost a music legend.

Here is one of his hard rock songs:

Gary Moore - "Wild Frontier"

And here he is doing a duet with his former Thin Lizzie bandmate (with a lot of familiar places appearing in the video!):

Gary Moore & Philip Lynott - "Out In The Fields"

And for those that know his music through figure skating, here he is performing his most famous piece in his hometown (with a bit of acting the eejit in the middle!):

Gary Moore - "Parisienne Walkways"

CaroLiza_fan

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I went to a performance of Scheherazade by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at Royal Festival Hall yesterday. It was sensational. I had goosebumps all the way through. Scheherazade really is a fantastic piece of music. Please don't hate it everybody.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdRktR8-xTU

Gold von den Sternen from the musical Mozart!, Korean version sung by our lady Shin Youngsook. So far no Korean musical actress has done better.

I know this song as The Golden Star because that's what the Korean title is. But Google translate tells me that Gold von den Sternen means 'Gold of the Stars'. I like The Golden Star better.

I went to a performance of Scheherazade by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at Royal Festival Hall yesterday. It was sensational. I had goosebumps all the way through. Scheherazade really is a fantastic piece of music. Please don't hate it everybody.

So how many Scheherezade programs do you want next season?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I don't hate it!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
8 years ago today, a good friend of mine committed suicide.

Alan was in the year above me at school, and we were both really into History. In June 2003, the History Department at our school ran a trip to the First World War battlefields, and we both went on it. Myself, Alan and another friend were sharing a room, and after unpacking we put on the TV to see what was on. And when we reached The Music Factory (another good music channel that Viacom bought and then ran down), this song came on:

Beyoncé - "Crazy In Love"

And the three of us just sat there in silence, jaws open.

Every time I hear that song, I think of that time in Belgium. And since Alan died, I have made a point of listening to this song on the anniversary every year.

A good guy gone too soon.

CaroLiza_fan

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ So sorry for your loss, Caroliza_fan :sad4: May your good meories of your friend Alan sustain you always.

Currently listening to "Hymn of the Worlds." I'm generally NOT a Cirque de Soleil fan, but this piece is gorgeous. I loved Akari Nakahara's (first season US lady) short program to it!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Given the date, it will come as no surprise that a lot of mens' SP music is in my planned day.... right now it's Boyang's Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m doing some video/vlog projects this summer for work so I’m stockpiling on necessary music cuts to edit around. I like to use modern stuff but love those tracks that seem old timey but with a fresh trip hip beat. Like this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6z_YNDKcmcI

The plan is to mix video of various activities like working out, skating, coaching,hiking and lots of other things with interviews. So that means the music needs to be ignorably interesting. :laugh:

Anyone have any leads on some other artists that do similar stuff. My company pays music royalties so I can use most music but I like using royalty free stuff if I can. I’ve listened to a lot of different vlog style songs today :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How appropriate is this?! :biggrin:

I'm currently in the middle of updating the video list for Lim Eun-Soo's Fan Fest (boys but there are a LOT of videos of her out there! :drama: ), and am taking the opportunity to catch up with episodes of the Mickey Bradley Record Show at the same time. (For those that are not immediately familiar with the name, he is the bassist from The Undertones). I am currently on the episode from 3 weeks ago, and he just played this:

Say Sue Me - "Dreaming"

It was originally a Blondie song, but this cover version is by a South Korean band. Admittedly, they are from the other end of the country to Eun-Soo (they are actually from Busan, which is more Park So-Youn's neck of the woods), but I still thought it was a great coincidence. :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Spinning

On the Ice
8 years ago today, Northern Ireland lost a music legend.

Here is one of his hard rock songs:

Gary Moore - "Wild Frontier"

And here he is doing a duet with his former Thin Lizzie bandmate (with a lot of familiar places appearing in the video!):

Gary Moore & Philip Lynott - "Out In The Fields"

And for those that know his music through figure skating, here he is performing his most famous piece in his hometown (with a bit of acting the eejit in the middle!):

Gary Moore - "Parisienne Walkways"

CaroLiza_fan

Can't believe you left out his most iconic song.

Still Got The Blues

https://youtu.be/J-0KRM_eROA

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can't believe you left out his most iconic song.

Still Got The Blues

https://youtu.be/J-0KRM_eROA

There are a whole pile of songs that I would have liked to include in that post, but I decided to limit it to just a few. And the reasons I chose the three I did were because they have specific local connections:

• "Wild Frontier" - because the song is about the situation in Northern Ireland when he was growing up.
  • "Out In The Fields" - because the video features lots of familiar places in Northern Ireland.
  • "Parisienne Walkways" - because the concert this performance is from was held in Northern Ireland.

I did go looking for a performance of "Still Got The Blues" from a concert held over here, but unfortunately couldn't find any. The concert at the King's Hall that I used for the "Parisienne Walkways" link was held in March 1989, and "Still Got The Blues" wasn't released until March 1990.

So, I hope that explains this seemingly glaring ommission.

CaroLiza_fan