What are you listening to right now? | Page 96 | Golden Skate

What are you listening to right now?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The soundtrack to the animated movie "Anastasia." We're going to see the National tour production of it next week.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In light of yesterday's events, this just had to be the first thing I listened to when I put the computer on this morning:

Vincent Niclo and Les Choeurs de l'Armée Rouge - "La Marseillaise"

CaroLiza_fan

luckyguy

Match Penalty
A beautiful Rusyn (Ruthenian) ballad from eastern Slovakia. "The Carpatho-Rusyns are central European people, numbering approximately 1.2 million, who live within the borders of five states: Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania, and Hungary. They have never had a state of their own." (Magocsi, Pop - Encyclopedia of Rusyn History and Culture, University of Toronto Press, 2005)

Anna Servická - Teče voda teče

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I was listening to Jenny of Oldstones, and then I realized that Florence and Kim Yoona of Jaurim have a similar vibe to their voices. And they're both indie rock band vocals. Interesting coincidence, isn't it. But then, Yoona does have an insane range of vocal tones so (shrugs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw21avtnqss

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
STEEL PROPHET - their new album "The God Machine". The US power metal tops recruited a new vocalist from Germany Roberto Dimitri Liapakis and some guys from their first line-ups. Maybe their new album sounds a bit like european band (Liapakis was a co-producer together with mastermind and guitarist Steve Kachinski and the album was mixed and mastered an Sweden) but only a bit - STEEL PROPHET still are one of the US power metal masterminds and sound so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYwbftmxUzE

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This afternoon, I watched a programme that I had recorded on Saturday night. It was a concert where the BBC Symphony Orchestra played the whole of Gustav Holst's "Planets" suite, but before each planet's movement was played, Brian Cox (keyboardist with 90's band D:Ream, but now better known as a respected physicist) would talk briefly about the planet in question.

Although I am not normally a big fan of Brian Cox, I really enjoyed this programme.

And the music was brilliant (but I already knew that ;) :biggrin: )

What I only found out there now is that BBC Radio 3 did a LIVE broadcast of the concert at the time. So, if you want to listen to it, here is the audio:

Gustav Holst - "The Planets" (with Brian Cox and the BBC Symphony Orchestra)

It may be long, but it is definitely worth listening to!

CaroLiza_fan

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Oh, :thank: I :love: "The Planets!" I've favorited this one & will settle down to listen to it over the next few days!