Polina Tsurskaya | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Polina Tsurskaya

Sam L

Medalist
I think she'll be ok. Everyone has bad days. Alina was in the same position in France and she won. Polina can win or at least medal. Let's go Polina in free skate.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think she can win, I know she can win. Let's go Polinaaaaa!!

Plus it's her only realistic chance at the final. To get 210, she'd have to get 147. Actually she could probably get that. But that would probably place her in the lead, eliminating problems.

Ender

Match Penalty
She was foot perfect in practice, I don’t know what’s wrong with her SP. Maybe it’s just a bad day. The PCS they gave her was too low IMO.

dna5019

Final Flight
Really sad for Polina. I was so shocked to see her fall. :cry: But if she skates clean today, she could still finish on the podium. She can totally do it. :clapper:

charlotte14

Medalist
I have to point out that her delayed rotation has become problematic. It is lucky that she did not get called but I think at least her 3lz3T ad 2A3T were UR and they slept through it. She fell on the 3lo in the SP also because she IR it too. Can her team do something with this issue.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Polina was underscored.
There's NO WAY that those wonderful jumps with great height, lots of transitions, good flow, and delayed rotation deserve such measly GOE.
Come back with a vengeance at nationals, Polina, and grab that third spot!!

jiawen2016

On the Ice
I was so happy and impressed to see Polina live at Skate America, despite the fact that she did not have her best skate. I was cheering so hard for her with a poster that I made, and I think she saw it before SP warm-ups, smiled and pointed to her coach! I was also so glad that Sergei Dudakov came instead of Eteri because he seemed more understanding and supportive, no criticism right away or passive-aggression like what Eteri did when she handed the skate guard to Alina last time.

Sergei is also the nicest Russian coach whom I have ever met! After the competition ended and my volunteer shift was over, I saw Sergei, showed my poster to him and asked him where Polina was and if I could take a photo with her and ask her to sign my poster and the photograh that I brought with me. He actually went to knock on the door of the locker room to let her know that I was waiting for her, and OMG I felt so embarrased and thrilled at the same time! While waiting for Polina to come out, he told me that Polina broke her back last year, but she's fine now and just needs more time to be her best. Eventually Polina came out, and all three of us took a photo together! Sergei was a little surprised when I asked him to be in the photo but happy to do so! I told her how much I love her skating and wished her good luck with the Russian Nationals, and she thanked me.

I was worried that she was obviously disappointed. But then when she came out on the ice for the practice before the gala, she seemed to have forgotten the disappointment and was circling around the ice with her phone, video chatting, laugning, so nice to take photos with the audience and signing autographs. I felt happy to see her having some fun at the gala in the end!

charlotte14

Medalist
It is a pity but there is still Russian Nationals to show her talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Polina was underscored.
There's NO WAY that those wonderful jumps with great height, lots of transitions, good flow, and delayed rotation deserve such measly GOE.
Come back with a vengeance at nationals, Polina, and grab that third spot!!
Her delayed rotation leads to borderline UR in many landings. I am not sure it is good for her to keep doing that.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
I was so happy and impressed to see Polina live at Skate America, despite the fact that she did not have her best skate. I was cheering so hard for her with a poster that I made, and I think she saw it before SP warm-ups, smiled and pointed to her coach! ...
Hmmm :love: You are beauty

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I was so happy and impressed to see Polina live at Skate America, despite the fact that she did not have her best skate. I was cheering so hard for her with a poster that I made, and I think she saw it before SP warm-ups, smiled and pointed to her coach! I was also so glad that Sergei Dudakov came instead of Eteri because he seemed more understanding and supportive, no criticism right away or passive-aggression like what Eteri did when she handed the skate guard to Alina last time.

Sergei is also the nicest Russian coach whom I have ever met! After the competition ended and my volunteer shift was over, I saw Sergei, showed my poster to him and asked him where Polina was and if I could take a photo with her and ask her to sign my poster and the photograh that I brought with me. He actually went to knock on the door of the locker room to let her know that I was waiting for her, and OMG I felt so embarrased and thrilled at the same time! While waiting for Polina to come out, he told me that Polina broke her back last year, but she's fine now and just needs more time to be her best. Eventually Polina came out, and all three of us took a photo together! Sergei was a little surprised when I asked him to be in the photo but happy to do so! I told her how much I love her skating and wished her good luck with the Russian Nationals, and she thanked me.

I was worried that she was obviously disappointed. But then when she came out on the ice for the practice before the gala, she seemed to have forgotten the disappointment and was circling around the ice with her phone, video chatting, laugning, so nice to take photos with the audience and signing autographs. I felt happy to see her having some fun at the gala in the end!

Thank you for sharing all of that with us! Great that you got to meet her and thank you for showing her support at SA. I hope she'll have lots of banners & posters in the future :cheer:

Sam L

Medalist
Really want Polina to do well at the Russian Nationals and go to the Olympics. :pray:

sarama

Medalist
I'm heartbroken for Polina. I hope she will keep improving, get better choreography, be more loved by her fed, the judges and her coach. Russia has too much talent to know what to do with it, but Polina is an extraordinary kind of talent, and it would be a pity to see it go to waste

berry8

Final Flight
Polina T is an extraordinary skater... It is Cristal clear that the Russian Federation doesn't want all the qualified ladies to be coached by the same coaching group :(

berry8

Final Flight
Two season ago Polina used to be scored higher than Maria S internationally...
Nothing has really changed since that time: Maria S has the same old issues (her jumps are often URed)...
Her PCS shouldn't be 6 points higher than Polina's