Polina Tsurskaya | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Polina Tsurskaya

dada16

On the Ice
I haven't seen any official news but it does look like the rumors are true and she is still injured and she will not skate at the test event.

ohhhh :noshake: where did you read that ? When is the skate test event for girls ?

The Finn

Record Breaker
ohhhh :noshake: where did you read that ? When is the skate test event for girls ?

There has been rumors about that for a while now but nothing official so far.

Short program will be skated on August 8 and FS will be skated on August 9.

Haven't seen list of participants anywhere yet but I would think we will know pretty soon who will be skating at the event.

stryke

On the Ice
Considering how much taller her parents are than Polina is even right now, it's a little scary thinking she is still going to grow.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I haven't seen any official news but it does look like the rumors are true and she is still injured and she will not skate at the test event.

Oh no...does that mean she won't be eligible for competing in the JGP series as well?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Oh no...does that mean she won't be eligible for competing in the JGP series as well?

Haven't seen any official news but according to some people Polina might be ready to skate at the last JGP events or atleast Polina and Eteri are hoping that she would be fit to skate by then.

I don't get how this happened since her injury wasn't suppose be that bad.

sneakers

Match Penalty
how tall is the estimate for Polina now ?
I know another Polina who got very tall, Polina Korobeynikova :slink:

Globetrotter

Medalist
Hope she gets well soon. Tsurskaya is the one I have my focus on among the Russian juniors. It is fairly refreshing to see a girl from Eteri's camp with a proper lutz and having basic SS that is better than average. Eteri's girls tended to be hyper flexible and can do all the tricks but have awful axels and lutz edges and lack SS. She had a gem in Tsurskaya. All she needs is to fix that 3T that looks borderline toe axeled in combo.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Polina is one of the substitutes in JGP Russia. Hopefully this is a sign that she will be able to compete in near future.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Polina is one of the substitutes in JGP Russia. Hopefully this is a sign that she will be able to compete in near future.

I don't know how serious her injuries are, but if she needs more time to heal her injuries completely, the JGP circuit is not as much worth taking a risk for her. Since she won everything last season until her sudden and abrupt withdrawal from the Junior Worlds, all she needs a Junior World title. I hope she gains her full strength until Nationals.

bosskil

Match Penalty
Dudakov said in interview: "we put great(est?) hopes on Alina Zagitova this season."
It sounded quite serious regarding Polina... :unsure: