Polina Tsurskaya | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Polina Tsurskaya

CatonBlades

On the Ice
Any program news yet?
She graduates the high school this year.:love::love:
Most of skaters are in hollyday now.
I don't worry, because she is a smart girl who can learn a new program very fast.:luv17::luv17::luv17::luv17::luv17:
And everything should be done at the right time.

ElvieHope

Rinkside
She graduates the high school this year.:love::love:
Most of skaters are in hollyday now.
I don't worry, because she is a smart girl who can learn a new program very fast.:luv17::luv17::luv17::luv17::luv17:
And everything should be done at the right time.

I have sad news for you, CatonBlades, you are the most devoted fan of Pоline. Polina decided to finish her career and seriously study. :( She will enter the faculty of international economics. Here is her interview. Her will be missed in the world of figure skating, she was a bright star with huge jumps and elegant skating.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190531/1555132530.html

CatonBlades

On the Ice
I have sad news for you, CatonBlades, you are the most devoted fan of Pоline. Polina decided to finish her career and seriously study. :( She will enter the faculty of international economics. Here is her interview. Her will be missed in the world of figure skating, she was a bright star with huge jumps and elegant skating.

I read the interview earlier after I saw her post on instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByHbNDSlN-H/?igshid=sgbjoqvvw0z
But thank you for the link.��
I just didn't have the energy or courrage to post here,too.
I barely find words to write her a message.
Of course I'll miss her skating,she haf something magical every time she entered on the ice.
I always supported her decisions,no matter what she decided to do.She is an awesome and very smart girl.
I wish her good luck in her study!❤❤❤
And I hope to see her in shows,when she'll feel ready for it.��

Azikin

Medalist
Not exactly surprising. As I've said here before (although some people didn't believe me), last season was her chance. Probably the last chance, because of 3A and other youngsters coming. I had really high hopes for Polina. But she didn't stay with Eteri, she wanted to take the easier way (probably also because of her health) and went to Buyanova and that buried all chances. Last season was her chance to shine, there was a big chance to get to Euros and Worlds (after all, RusNats podium was swept by juniors and no senior shined there) but sadly it didn't happen. I felt quite devastated the whole season for Polina. Now... all that remains is to wish her happiness....

Arbitrary

Medalist
Sad news but sad only in the FS field.
We can only wish to Polina all the best in her 'civilian' life.
She thinks she already found herself and knows what to do and where to go...

Ailera

Rinkside
so sad to hear about her retirement :( however I wish her the very best in the next chapter of her life
I've been rewatching all her old practice videos and I couldn't help sharing this beautiful and very delayed lutz:https://youtu.be/h8qvHMEpF64?list=WL&t=224
her jumps were so special, they were so big and she rotated much slower and looser than other skaters that she always looked like she was floating. I'll miss her greatly

elysium

On the Ice
Sad to hear that she had retired. But also glad that she had found something else to pursue in life. Wishing her all the best in the future.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Sad news but sad only in the FS field.
We can only wish to Polina all the best in her 'civilian' life.
I think that too. It's a difficult choice but she has show to have do it with conviction and determination. She's smart, for sure.

Good luck :agree:

LynsJ

On the Ice
Sad to hear the news, I thought if she had found the right coaching fit she had massive potential. Wishing her all the best in whatever path she follows next

ewdokia

On the Ice
Not exactly surprising. As I've said here before (although some people didn't believe me), last season was her chance. Probably the last chance, because of 3A and other youngsters coming. I had really high hopes for Polina. But she didn't stay with Eteri, she wanted to take the easier way (probably also because of her health) and went to Buyanova and that buried all chances.
It might not have caught your attention, but one reason why Polina made the decision to quit was that she had serious back problems which apparently even make it difficult for her to skate in shows. :rolleye: And that injury she suffered with Eteri and not Buyanova. That injury buried her chances and not Buyanova, who for sure very hard tried to restore Polina’s health. :(
So arguing Polina went to Buyanova as she wanted to take it easy is kind of ignorant and considering that this is a fan thread (namely one for Polina and not team Eteri) even tasteless. :disagree:

IHer will be missed in the world of figure skating, she was a bright star with huge jumps and elegant skating.
I’m so sad about that. :sad21: I already feared Polina will quit, still I had hope a miracle will happen and she will continue. I’ll miss her so much. :sad4: Some of her programs will forever stay in my heart. But good she already found another field where I’m sure she will also shine (discipline + endurance + talent and a good head on the shoulders is always a good recipe for success). :thumbsup:

I wish I had the time to start a fan project for her like I did two years ago. Such a pity. If anyone is interested to do a farewell scrapbook for Polina, I offer my help to contact Russian fans and to organize their incoming messages. I’m just not able to do the whole project on my own this time. :(

Azikin

Medalist
It might not have caught your attention, but one reason why Polina made the decision to quit was that she had serious back problems which apparently even make it difficult for her to skate in shows. :rolleye: And that injury she suffered with Eteri and not Buyanova. That injury buried her chances and not Buyanova, who for sure very hard tried to restore Polina’s health. :(
So arguing Polina went to Buyanova as she wanted to take it easy is kind of ignorant and considering that this is a fan thread (namely one for Polina and not team Eteri) even tasteless. :disagree:
It might not have caught your attention (although it's strange because you quoted me), but I said "probably also because of her health", so I'm aware of her back problems. And Polina said herself that she didn't like the constant competition in the Eteri group. She went to more relaxed environment. She chose the easier way. And easier way is not the way to success.